America's DT XVIII: General Discussion 2017

Started by LF, January 09, 2017, 02:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Round 1 lodgement thread is up,I will try to do a writeup each week for each matchup

LF

As in a couple of the other comps,I'd like to be able to post milestone games for players,this would mean I'd have to go back through the old threads and find each player and record the games previously played to do it.
Before I do this would the other coaches even be interested in this happening?

elephants

Quote from: LF on March 29, 2017, 12:48:27 PM
As in a couple of the other comps,I'd like to be able to post milestone games for players,this would mean I'd have to go back through the old threads and find each player and record the games previously played to do it.

Sounds good 8) But only if you had the time/wanted to LF

Barra13

nas

Quote from: elephants on March 29, 2017, 01:01:54 PM

Nige

Quote from: nas on March 29, 2017, 02:07:31 PM

popedelio

Quote from: Nige on March 29, 2017, 07:19:54 PM
Quote from: nas on March 29, 2017, 02:07:31 PM

+1

Nige

Hey all, so in attempt to kind of bring a more real time alternative for members of the forum, we've gone ahead and set up a FanFooty Forum Discord server. It'll serve as a newer and more modern version of the old FF chat. All the details you need to know are below:

Quote from: Nige on May 24, 2017, 10:26:25 AM
So, the Discord server is basically up and running. I still have to add a few things here and there but it's set up enough to be functional imo.

To download Discord, you can go here: https://discordapp.com/

The above link will allow you to either access Discord online or allow you to download the program (that's what I use). As I mentioned before, you can also get the app on your phone.

If you don't already have Discord, you'll have to create an account. It's free, quick and easy to do. It's probably best people use their FF name, but if you already use Discord under a different name or want to sign up under a different name, that's fine - we can always change your name once you get on.

The link to the server is: https://discord.gg/95UJz7f

Once you get on, you should be able to start chatting straight away in the text channels.

For anyone who wants to use the voice channels (I doubt this will be popular or interest many, but the option is there), I advise you set up push-to-talk (PTT). Basically, in the settings you can set up a key as your 'PTT' button to speak on mic if you want, this just blocks out background noise, typing sounds and other noises you might make while on mic. This obviously requires you to have a mic to speak, but you can still also sit in voice channels and simply listen to anyone conversing.

There's an @ feature to tag members. Generally, a member will get a notification if they've been tagged. Please don't abuse this feature or use it to annoy anyone. One thing I suggest is tagging an admin or mod when you get on so we know who has arrived for the first time and can help you with any basics like a name change or giving a role.

Another thing that people might find helpful is that you can still be on Discord but afk (away from keyboard). There are 3 other settings apart from online that you can mark yourself as to indicate your status. Idle, Do Not Disturb or Invisible. Might be good for those that still wanna be on and have access to Discord, but aren't around to actively chat, or are at work, school or whatever.

I'll add a bunch of rules and stuff over the course of the day but common sense and common courtesy apply. Anything that will get you reported, suspended or banned here on the forum will go for the Discord.

I plan to keep the same roles for the forum. So those who are site-wide mods here will get mod powers and those with Discord experience will also get mod powers to help assist those who are new.

If there are any other questions, let me know. KB and (I assume) a couple of others around here probably have used Discord before so I'll get them to help out with that stuff if need be.

LF

So if you chose to use Discord and FF goes down again close to lockout like it has been heaps lately,you can post your team there in the XV room and just add @LF on there when you post the team,so I get a notification of it and then it can be posted in the relevant thread once the forums are back up again.
But pleaase don't not use Discord for team posting unless it's absolutely necessary

R.Griffen

So I had some really good trades which helps out in winning a Premiership but end of 2015 this trade was made

Calgary
Sam Docherty + Nat Pick 18
for
Bolivia
David Swallow + Chris Dawes

An absolute shocker on my behalf. Pick 18 turned into Rhys Mathieson as well

LF

Yeah I reckon everyone has at least one trade that looked ok when it was done but has turned out to be just horrible

Atto

Out: Josh Kelly + Jake Kolodjashnij
In: Patrick McCartin + Cale Hooker

2013/14 off season, after McCartin got drafted. That's probably the worst one I've done in hindsight, McCartin had potential and hasn't lived up to it yet, while Josh Kelly has been in beast mode this year.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: R.Griffen on July 02, 2017, 01:24:29 PM
So I had some really good trades which helps out in winning a Premiership but end of 2015 this trade was made

Calgary
Sam Docherty + Nat Pick 18
for
Bolivia
David Swallow + Chris Dawes

An absolute shocker on my behalf. Pick 18 turned into Rhys Mathieson as well

I knew exactly what I was doing ;)

popedelio

Here is a fun topic to discuss about, and if you have been tracking the history of your players on your team

With Luke Hodge retiring at seasons end the Washington Senators announce there B&F Medal to be named the Hodge Medal

Hodgey's accolades for the club is as follows:
Ben Graham Medal Winner (2015)
2x B&F Winner (2014, 2015)
Club Captain (2015)

Who has made significant contribution to your clubs respectively?

LF

So I've received a pm from elephants coach of Hawaii,due to time constraints he is no longer able to coach The Hawaii Hyrdo Bombs,he will finish this year out tho.
Elephants was one of the inaugural coaches of ADT and we'd like to thank him for his part in the comp and wish him the best
and trading period won't be the same without him