Main Menu

Real Life Cricket

Started by Barlow 21, October 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

A pair on the weekend :( 3rd ball leading edge for school and a 9th ball caught behind in District which was given out, clipped my shirt on the way through, was about 5 cm from my bat, nothing you can do though.

Tominator

Quote from: KoopKicka on November 11, 2012, 09:34:46 PM
A pair on the weekend :( 3rd ball leading edge for school and a 9th ball caught behind in District which was given out, clipped my shirt on the way through, was about 5 cm from my bat, nothing you can do though.

don't worry mate, I finished the end of last season with a pair and came out start of this season sh*tting myself - sitting on a pair for 6 months is sooo bad - got that first run off an inside edge through to fine leg, but once that happened my nerves just vanished and I made 28* that day   :)

Jay

See at the moment, Im putting all my focus into batting. Anyone have any other fitness regimes that can help me with my cricket and try to take my mind of just batting? If you get what I mean :-\

NoButYeah

Torn my rotator cuff. Bowling figures aren't looking too good so far this season. 4-79 off 18 overs in the 2 games i've bowled with 2-55 off 12 today (didn't have many bowlers so had to bowl a few). Today was the first day of a 2-dayer, bowled them out for 213 in 51 overs on a ground the size of a postage stamp. In reply we're 0-54.

Tominator

Made 17 today and that turned out to be the second highest score of the day. Smashed a spinner straight to short cover but it was right off the middle of the bat f it was half a meter either side of the fielder it was four runs

Finished the school season with an average of 42.5 with scores of 13no, 5, 50no and 17, happy with my batting over the course of the year    8)

Spinking

5 with the bat, no action with the ball today. Given out LBW by a bloke from my team who was umpiring, didn't leave me in a good mood :)

KoopKicka

Picked up another 3 today in school and club, takes my combined tally to 15 wickets off 7 games this season. So far this season my figures have been 1/21, 3/5, 2/28, 4/18, 2/24, 1/29 and 2/31, so 15/146 off 51 overs this season, really in a purple patch. :)

roo boys!

Good stuff KK.

School yesterday, came in at 5/60 odd after about 25-ish and they were well on top but I managed to hang around and get through the tough period and bat until about the 43 over mark to take our tally up to 6/130. Ended up creaming one similar to you Tom but off the opener and to mid-on who took a very sharp catch, half a meter either side or over his head it was 4 but oh well. Ended up with 22 but it was one of the innings I was a lot prouder of, I've made 50*s and 60+'s before but this one I worked a lot harder for and was going against my natural game and playing the anchor role for our gun bat at the other end.

We ended up with 157 off our 50 overs and then bowled them out for 110 in a great bowling effort especially seeing as our spinner was out and our other opening bowler went down with a side strain in one of his first overs leaving a lot on the shoulders of myself and our first changer. Managed to get 3/28 myself which was nice.

EDIT: Not to forget an absolute SITTER dropped at mid-off which as you could guess I wasn't exactly stoked about.

Jay

That would be flowering right, a flowering horrible umpiring decision gives me my first ever pair. Considering giving it up, would save me from going through disapointment after disapointment

JBs-Hawks

Made my comeback and was definitely a bit rusty 0/20 off 7 on a road wssnt a bit average but took a couple catches one ripper diving catch in short mid. Then came out and made 9 before dragging one on. Robbed of a hundred I say.

Torpedo10

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 18, 2012, 07:45:00 PM
Made my comeback and was definitely a bit rusty 0/20 off 7 on a road wssnt a bit average but took a couple catches one ripper diving catch in short mid. Then came out and made 9 before dragging one on. Robbed of a hundred I say.
Rotten luck.

roo boys!

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 18, 2012, 08:14:49 PM
Rotten luck.
Wouldn't of happened to quote the wrong person there would you Torp? :P

Quote from: Jayman on November 18, 2012, 07:36:03 PM
That would be flowering right, a flowering horrible umpiring decision gives me my first ever pair. Considering giving it up, would save me from going through disapointment after disapointment
Stick with it mate, the good times will outweigh the bad over time.

Torpedo10

Quote from: roo boys! on November 19, 2012, 08:27:28 AM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 18, 2012, 08:14:49 PM
Rotten luck.
Wouldn't of happened to quote the wrong person there would you Torp? :P

Stick with it mate, the good times will outweigh the bad over time.
That sucks Jay.  :-\ stick with it!

NoButYeah

I got a pair once. First one was LBW and the second... Well, I thought it'd be safe to leave... Jagged back about 4 inches and took out my off stump.

JBs-Hawks

Why would you leave a ball on a pair? :P