Main Menu

Real Life Cricket

Started by Barlow 21, October 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

chasing 43 in the last 4 overs got them with 2 balls to spare despite losing 2 wickets along the way

Cookie311993

How old are you cic? That play your favourite shot statement sounds like something a kid would say.

On the question, I too get nervous before I go in to bat and before I bowl. Batting at 7 and opening the bowling.

I get real fidgety when I am the next man in. Walk around heaps, drink heaps and piss like a race horse. Walk out at your speed and breathe , take centre and take your time. I am nervous until that first run is scored. I find I like to get bat on ball early. Have faith in your ability. Play each ball on its merits. Once I get bat on ball the tension goes and I relax

Batting at 7 many don't expect me to be able to bat. So have some fun. Stick around, score runs piss the fielders off. You will feel good and relaxed

Bowling wise I have been very successful since coming up from juniors 120 wickets in 3 seasons. I have a routine of stretching, drinking water and loosening up. Before I bowl my first ball I like to do a jingle like you see swimmers do with their arms. Get them moving release tension

As a bowler I hate being hit straight back past me. Whether in the air or along the ground. Batting wise my strength is from mid wicket to cover in front of the batsman

Yesterday I faced the club bowling machine on 141km/h bowling inswinger yorkers. Got bowled once. Was good fun till I chopped it on to my big toe

Tominator

cheers for all the tips re nerves and stuff last week

For your information, we won our game by 5 wickets and I came in and made 13 not out batting at 6. Hit the winning runs too   8)

Batting at four this Saturday in a two-day match so my aim is to make at least 30 and bat for a long time... Big score coming I can feel it!

Spinking

Just want to gloat a bit  :D

Took my first ever 5-for today after switching to bowling leggies this season. Only knocking around in C grade at the moments so the wickets came cheap, but the celebrations were still impressive :)

Cicjose

Quote from: Cookie311993 on October 25, 2012, 11:48:39 PM
How old are you cic? That play your favourite shot statement sounds like something a kid would say.

On the question, I too get nervous before I go in to bat and before I bowl. Batting at 7 and opening the bowling.

I get real fidgety when I am the next man in. Walk around heaps, drink heaps and piss like a race horse. Walk out at your speed and breathe , take centre and take your time. I am nervous until that first run is scored. I find I like to get bat on ball early. Have faith in your ability. Play each ball on its merits. Once I get bat on ball the tension goes and I relax

Batting at 7 many don't expect me to be able to bat. So have some fun. Stick around, score runs piss the fielders off. You will feel good and relaxed

Bowling wise I have been very successful since coming up from juniors 120 wickets in 3 seasons. I have a routine of stretching, drinking water and loosening up. Before I bowl my first ball I like to do a jingle like you see swimmers do with their arms. Get them moving release tension

As a bowler I hate being hit straight back past me. Whether in the air or along the ground. Batting wise my strength is from mid wicket to cover in front of the batsman

Yesterday I faced the club bowling machine on 141km/h bowling inswinger yorkers. Got bowled once. Was good fun till I chopped it on to my big toe

Sounds like you dont even have faith in your own ability Cookie rather than being nervous

Cookie311993

I have faith in my ability I am just big on being successful. I hate failure. When I am close to batting or in there I am worried bout failing

KoopKicka

Quote from: Spinking on October 27, 2012, 09:25:23 PM
Just want to gloat a bit  :D

Took my first ever 5-for today after switching to bowling leggies this season. Only knocking around in C grade at the moments so the wickets came cheap, but the celebrations were still impressive :)

Very impressive Spink! 8) Did you get the match ball? Still yet to crack the 5 for, 4/7 is my top figures so far. :/

Thought I might gloat a bit too, me being a very conserative batsmen is an understatement, my high score before today was 7 and that came off 38 overs in the middle, I just leave anything outside off, block on the stumps, and occasionally guide one through the slips or arund the corner if Im feeling risky. I usually bat 11, which allows for a healthy last wicket partnership if the other guy is established, so we lost 4/17 this morning in a 70 over game and we were only 6 overs in, so I was sent in a number 6, nek minnit 70 overs is done, 4/198, the other guy made 147, And I batted for 64 overs for a new top score of 19, including a 6 over point which left me dumbfounded Id actually connected and the guy at the other end pissing himself laughing. Mind you I felt dead when I got home.

But guess what the hilarious thing is?........

I was dropped on the first ball I faced! 8)

Cicjose

JBs-Hawks

Come against me in seniors koops and you will get a barrage of the short stuff ;)

pyronerd

Quote from: Cicjose on October 27, 2012, 11:18:56 PM
Quote from: Cookie311993 on October 25, 2012, 11:48:39 PM

Sounds like you dont even have faith in your own ability Cookie rather than being nervous
I think it's more knowing that anything can happen and that he doesn't want to get out cheaply early.

I find cookie (from my experience of having a hit in the nets, I don't actually play) that when I bat, I need to get my feet moving from ball one. I know it's different from actually playing, but you can get nervous knowing your mates will take the piss if you get bowled straight away :P

Jay

KoopKicka

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 27, 2012, 11:48:32 PM
Come against me in seniors koops and you will get a barrage of the short stuff ;)

Still afew years off but very much look forward to it. ;)

Quote from: Jayman on October 27, 2012, 11:53:08 PM
Congrats Koopy :D

Cheers Jay, good luck tomorrow! :)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 27, 2012, 11:56:44 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 27, 2012, 11:48:32 PM

Still afew years off but very much look forward to it. ;)

Quote from: Jayman on October 27, 2012, 11:53:08 PM
Congrats Koopy :D

Cheers Jay, good luck tomorrow! :)

Last year came against someone very similar (except he was opening the batting) so we just surrounded him with back pad short mid silly point etc, one of the first bouncers caught the shoulder of his bat and over the keepers head for four. Dude was 23 and shoulda seen the smile on his face apparently first four he's ever hit (wtf?) Next over he gloved one to my short mid ;)

Tominator

Well done Koop, same thing happened to my side today... 50 over game, slumped to 4/13 and I got us to 4/75 before I got a peach of a delivery and was bowled... Bowled out for 98 though haha

I made 21 btw, my partner got 47

Cookie311993

My best figures came in the same year. 5/9 in a regular season game and then 6/12 against the same side in the gf, which we lost yet I picked up man of the match

Yeah pyro. I hate getting out if its a stupid shot. Especially early