Main Menu

Real Life Cricket

Started by Barlow 21, October 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: GoLions on March 19, 2017, 12:25:34 AM
ODI! Haha
ahhhhhh alright I'm with it now. what's the go with the longer form? is there finals for that?

GoLions

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on March 19, 2017, 12:40:32 AM
ODI! Haha
ahhhhhh alright I'm with it now. what's the go with the longer form? is there finals for that?
Mostly just for A grade, rest is pretty much all 1 dayers I'm pretty sure (for us anyway)

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: GoLions on March 19, 2017, 12:53:08 AM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on March 19, 2017, 12:40:32 AM
ODI! Haha
Mostly just for A grade, rest is pretty much all 1 dayers I'm pretty sure (for us anyway)
ahkay, for us the finals were longer format. well I guess it's not really the longer format cos both teams usually batted once. so it was like 2 one dayers... if that makes sense. each team got a day to bat.. I dunno. thinking about it now it's weird. I only played in a showerty country comp though. and synthetic pitches. I think McIntye (which was above A grade) was turf but not sure

anyway go to bed and get some sleep :P good luck tomorrow

Bill Manspeaker

give us the goss 'Vos, how'd you go bro

better have won hun

dammit should've left it

Bill Manspeaker

elephants

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?matchid=2409429

I found the match scorecard by stalking GL through his real name and clicking a few links.

Hard luck mate, looks like he made 19 off 58 balls (dat patience) in 99 minutes at the crease :o couple of nice fours and ended up being stumped! Team got rolled for 97, opposition got there 7 wickets down, horrendous oversight by Dav's captain not to bowl him. He's got 28 career wickets god dammit!

Torpedo10

Quote from: elephants on March 21, 2017, 02:02:35 PM
http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?matchid=2409429

I found the match scorecard by stalking GL through his real name and clicking a few links.

Hard luck mate, looks like he made 19 off 58 balls (dat patience) in 99 minutes at the crease :o couple of nice fours and ended up being stumped! Team got rolled for 97, opposition got there 7 wickets down, horrendous oversight by Dav's captain not to bowl him. He's got 28 career wickets god dammit!
Still nothing...

:-\

GoLions

Quote from: elephants on March 21, 2017, 02:02:35 PM

Haha yeah, when you're like 5/30 or thereabouts gotta be very very patient.

For those who can't see the link, just look up monash university in mycricket and go to the 3rd XI grand final scorecard in latest results

PowerBug

I'm gonna guess that the 1st and 6th wicket celebrations were pretty huge judging by the runs on the board at that point.

JBs-Hawks

How flowering shower are losing GFs though

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 22, 2017, 07:13:55 PM
my last memory on a cricket field is looking behind and seeing the keeper take the catch to dismiss me for 1 run in a grand final

that's also the last memory I have before the accident

I think we lost. pretty sure

lost a few indoor grannies... hurts cos we were the best team every time. we won a few as well obviously

elephants

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 22, 2017, 07:13:55 PM

My last club cricket game was a losing GF, they were 8 down and needed 10 to win. I was coming on to ball next but they got the runs before I got on. I actually fielded the ball they got the runs off too, pretty shattering. One bloke in our team went ape-shower and snapped the stumps lol

GoLions

Playing winter cricket this year, starts this Saturday. Had a praccy match on the weekend, took 2 wickets, a catch, and got a runout. Made 28 with the bat, but went out in the last over when we needed another 3 runs for the win :'(

Only against other Monash players though so meh :P

Captain called me last night and said the other 3 Monash captains had asked if I could play for them instead ;D