Real Life Cricket

Started by Barlow 21, October 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Congrats GL, well done mate!

GoLions

Quote from: Jayman on January 18, 2016, 12:11:44 AM
Congrats GL, well done mate!
Cheers Jayballz, made a few 40s back on juniors, but usually had to retire at 40 back then.
Very happy considering this is my first season in 6 years, going alright so far

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: PowerBug on December 08, 2015, 10:49:40 PM
And today I umpired Nathan Bassett. Slowly but surely umpiring well known names. Just gotta stop getting the ex-footballers (Ch 10 sports guy Nick Butler played for Port Magpies) and get into the cricketers seeing as that's the sport I'm umpiring!

Haha I got Simon Tregenza out a few years ago.

PowerBug

Umpiring the future of SA cricket this week (Under 14 Premier League which is a North, East, South, West and 2 Country teams). We have some good prospects I reckon :)

Jay

First ball of my 2nd over, batsman chips it straight to midwicket - dropped. The next ball, wrong'un, pitches on middle and leg, bloke doesn't pick it, goes back and leaves it... Hits him about a third of the way up middle and off with both legs covering the stumps. Umpy says not out. Dude goes on to hit another 20 and we have our score chased down in the 2nd last over, meaning we go from sitting 3rd, to just missing the finals.

Why do we play cricket?

bowyanger

Quote from: Jayman on March 05, 2016, 11:38:11 PM
First ball of my 2nd over, batsman chips it straight to midwicket - dropped. The next ball, wrong'un, pitches on middle and leg, bloke doesn't pick it, goes back and leaves it... Hits him about a third of the way up middle and off with both legs covering the stumps. Umpy says not out. Dude goes on to hit another 20 and we have our score chased down in the 2nd last over, meaning we go from sitting 3rd, to just missing the finals.

Why do we play cricket?

Because of what you just posted is fun for most of us...that's just cricket

JBs-Hawks

Pkbaldy

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 09, 2016, 01:28:44 AM
Catches win matches

Agreed, we had a season in D grade, where is you dropped an easy catch you had to buy a slab. We had about 5 sitters for the season (About 45 dropped the season before...)  and we won the granny. And I was the keeper so I was stressing worse then anyone else, but I only had to buy one slab.

Grazz

Quote from: GoLions on January 18, 2016, 12:03:57 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 18, 2016, 12:00:54 AM
Umpired my first hattrick today. 2nd wicket was an LBW which the batsman thought he hit. Swear he didn't hit it but it comes 8 days after I gave another batsman out LBW which he reckoned he hit (And I would believe this guy) so maybe I got this one wrong :-\

Ahh well stuff it, Hattrick!
Haha nice, I still have the ball from my only ever hattrick

Got a promotion from number 9 to number 5 in the 2s today, made 62, which was my first ever half century :D

So do I, sits in me jock draw because I never trusted the boys not to take it down the nets and ruin it.

JBs-Hawks

I dropped a hattrick ball once, and it was an absolute sitter! haha

GoLions

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 09, 2016, 06:08:31 PM
How are you still breathing haha

Grazz

Never in that position, thanks God. :D

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: GoLions on March 09, 2016, 06:14:46 PM

It was spastic C grade leg spin, it didnt deserve it!

GoLions

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 09, 2016, 07:01:39 PM
Quote from: GoLions on March 09, 2016, 06:14:46 PM

It was spastic C grade leg spin, it didnt deserve it!
Ah yeah fair enough then :P

PowerBug

That's what Jayman bowls so watch out JB he won't be happy with that ;)