Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: Jayman on October 17, 2015, 08:04:56 PM
Stoked to bring up my first 5 wicket haul with the leggies today! :D

Well done mate, good onya.  ;)
Hope its the 1st of many.

PowerBug

Yeah 5fer is pretty impressive.

Part of me wishes I still played :( I just play in the umpires match every season now, and my association has no idea how to play so I am the VIP in the team :P

GoLions

Won by 73 runs. Our #3 and #4 batters both made 50s, got us to a total of 171. Outfield was incredibly slow, otherwise would've probably been 200+

Knocked em over for 98. We dropped at least 10 catches I reckon (however I held on to both of mine, goml). Bowling (entire team) was awesome though, only got the 1 wicket myself, but should've had 4 :-X

PowerBug

20 wickets in my game today! :o Both teams forgot how to bat. First team made a showerty 93/10, they hit about 3 shots along the ground all innings. Then had the home team 1/3 in reply (3 wickets that is). Home team limped home but was all out just before stumps. Next week is gonna be interesting!

Jay

Was nice to add 2 more to the wicket tally today, but didn't bowl as well as last week. Was a ripper of a batting deck though so struggled to generate any turn. We did really well to keep them to 200 considering they were 1-100 at tea. We have a strong batting lineup so if we bat sensibly should be able to chase it down comfortably.

Going 2-0 in a tough comp would be a great start for our side! Fingers crossed :)

GoLions

Good luck Jayballz!

We're currently 3-0, hoping to continue the win streak tomorrow

Jay

How'd you go, GL?

Quote from: Jayman on October 24, 2015, 10:39:38 PM
Was nice to add 2 more to the wicket tally today, but didn't bowl as well as last week. Was a ripper of a batting deck though so struggled to generate any turn. We did really well to keep them to 200 considering they were 1-100 at tea. We have a strong batting lineup so if we bat sensibly should be able to chase it down comfortably.

Going 2-0 in a tough comp would be a great start for our side! Fingers crossed :)
Losing this game is going to frustrate me for weeks.. Our top order completely failed having us 6-67 when I went in ::) My old man and I managed to put on about 40 and get through a really tough stretch, and had us kinda looking like we were still a shot. Then, they bring on the part-time offie and I manage to blob the ball straight to silly mid-off >:( game over. Feel like if we'd just been able to put on another 30, the guys below could have finished it off. Frustrating game is cricket!

GoLions

A week and a half ago we lost with 3 balls remaining. I took 1/16 from 6 overs.

Game was washed out on the weekend, just as I got promoted to the 1s :'(

JBs-Hawks

Making my one and likely only appearance for the year this weekend and straight into the As

PowerBug

Jay any chance of an A Grade callup this week so I can umpire you? :P

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on November 09, 2015, 06:08:24 PM
Jay any chance of an A Grade callup this week so I can umpire you? :P
Haha give me a couple of years mate ;)

PowerBug

Went up into A1 this week, got a promotion. Turned down about 10 genuine LBW shouts, gave 1. Not very liked by either side at the moment...

However I did umpire the guy that reads the sport on Channel 10 news here in Adelaide.

PowerBug

And today I umpired Nathan Bassett. Slowly but surely umpiring well known names. Just gotta stop getting the ex-footballers (Ch 10 sports guy Nick Butler played for Port Magpies) and get into the cricketers seeing as that's the sport I'm umpiring!

PowerBug

Umpired my first hattrick today. 2nd wicket was an LBW which the batsman thought he hit. Swear he didn't hit it but it comes 8 days after I gave another batsman out LBW which he reckoned he hit (And I would believe this guy) so maybe I got this one wrong :-\

Ahh well stuff it, Hattrick!

GoLions

Quote from: PowerBug on January 18, 2016, 12:00:54 AM
Umpired my first hattrick today. 2nd wicket was an LBW which the batsman thought he hit. Swear he didn't hit it but it comes 8 days after I gave another batsman out LBW which he reckoned he hit (And I would believe this guy) so maybe I got this one wrong :-\

Ahh well stuff it, Hattrick!
Haha nice, I still have the ball from my only ever hattrick

Got a promotion from number 9 to number 5 in the 2s today, made 62, which was my first ever half century :D