Main Menu

Real Life Cricket

Started by Barlow 21, October 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

How are we all feeling? Ready for a big summer of cricket?

First game next Saturday for me.. Hopefully the new GM gets a bit of use ;)

KoopKicka

lol what is irl cricket? :(

Jay

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 14, 2014, 11:28:38 PM
Only the greatest sport in the world, no big deal :P

Not playing anymore, Coop? :(

KoopKicka

Quote from: Jayman on October 14, 2014, 11:31:50 PM

Nah, I got bullied severely in my high school's cricket program and politics was involved way too much where I played, took out the bowling trophy in all 5 seasons I played but bowled an average of 3 overs a game in a 40 over format. So just gave up.

I hope to one day return though, maybe at Uni for the Adelaide Uni side or something. Ive let my body go since the end of 2 seasons ago and have put on close to 15kg, something Im not proud of, and will be something I have to remedy if I ever want to get back into it. Remember how good it felt to make my first representative squad (got selected in the initial U14 state squad a few years back but getting cut when the final squad was announced) and its those sorts of things I miss dearly, being part of a team

Tominator

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 14, 2014, 11:35:44 PM
Quote from: Jayman on October 14, 2014, 11:31:50 PM

Nah, I got bullied severely in my high school's cricket program and politics was involved way too much where I played, took out the bowling trophy in all 5 seasons I played but bowled an average of 3 overs a game in a 40 over format. So just gave up.

I hope to one day return though, maybe at Uni for the Adelaide Uni side or something. Ive let my body go since the end of 2 seasons ago and have put on close to 15kg, something Im not proud of, and will be something I have to remedy if I ever want to get back into it. Remember how good it felt to make my first representative squad (got selected in the initial U14 state squad a few years back but getting cut when the final squad was announced) and its those sorts of things I miss dearly, being part of a team

That's terrible to hear mate. It's a new life outside of school though, I'm in the closing few days of school myself and that's what I keep hearing.

Once you get out of school I'm sure you'll find success at another club mate. Sounds like you got talent you can use.

PowerBug

Yay Cricket season :D 2nd season of umpiring the game (Yes I'm an umpire). It's enjoyable though, and someone's gotta do it ;)

elephants

Quote from: PowerBug on October 16, 2014, 08:59:47 PM
Yay Cricket season :D 2nd season of umpiring the game (Yes I'm an umpire). It's enjoyable though, and someone's gotta do it ;)

Whats the $$ like?

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on October 16, 2014, 09:03:45 PM

Whats the $$ like?
I get $110 for a day (4.5 hours/80 overs maximum). Pay before the start of the day, in cash. Have received that money for only 3 hours work before though, match finished early on the 2nd day :D

Bill Manspeaker

if they gave me a chair to sit on that'd be an awesome job

elephants

Quote from: PowerBug on October 16, 2014, 09:06:15 PM

Whats the $$ like?
I get $110 for a day (4.5 hours/80 overs maximum). Pay before the start of the day, in cash. Have received that money for only 3 hours work before though, match finished early on the 2nd day :D

Not bad at all man! 8)

Jay

Whats the $$ like?
Including the bribes he receives from me? #MatchFixing

Bill Manspeaker

who do you umpire that posts here PB?

PowerBug

Quote from: brad on October 16, 2014, 09:14:43 PM
Idk, do I umpire someone from here? I've played against Jayman before, haven't umpired him because he doesn't play high enough

roo boys!

Quote from: PowerBug on October 16, 2014, 09:24:26 PM
Idk, do I umpire someone from here? I've played against Jayman before, haven't umpired him because he doesn't play high enough
Cop that Jay :P

Keen for cricket lads!

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: PowerBug on October 16, 2014, 09:24:26 PM
ah okay, thought Jay was saying you've umpired him before. thought ya might umpire a few of the FFers