Main Menu

Real Life Cricket

Started by Barlow 21, October 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

I'm in my school's first XI this season. Haven't bowled and have been batting down at 9, 10 and 11 so far, hard to get a look in with the Year 12s we have!

Didn't play this week (cos Year 12s were back from exams) but I batted earlier this season twice, and have made scores of 6no off 4 balls, and 3no off 2 balls .... so I have a 1st XI career strike rate of 150   8)

specky92

Quote from: Tominator on November 18, 2013, 01:15:27 PM
I'm in my school's first XI this season. Haven't bowled and have been batting down at 9, 10 and 11 so far, hard to get a look in with the Year 12s we have!

Didn't play this week (cos Year 12s were back from exams) but I batted earlier this season twice, and have made scores of 6no off 4 balls, and 3no off 2 balls .... so I have a 1st XI career strike rate of 150   8)
hahaha, elite, I've never heard of a school's XI, is it just a competition or an actual league?

CrowsFan

You've school doesn't have first XI teams for cricket, soccer etc?

Maybe it's more of a private school thing. But basically you just compete against the other schools to see who is the best :)

roo boys!

Quote from: Tominator on November 18, 2013, 01:15:27 PM

Good stuff mate well done.

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 19, 2013, 11:26:45 AM

Maybe it's more of a private school thing. But basically you just compete against the other schools to see who is the best :)
Yeah....not us as of late :P

Not too sure about the strike rate this year haha don't count the balls but I'll check Mycricket for the scores now

Juniors: 50*, 39, 50
Seniors: 51*, 30*, dnb
School (1st XI like Tom): 23, 26

Bout time to go on with it ay? Haha

Only had a couple games so far this year washed out so I'm pleased, how's everyone else travelling?

Tominator

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 19, 2013, 11:26:45 AM

Yeah pretty much an intra-schools competition. 1st XI is for cricket and soccer, 1st XVIII is for footy, 1st VIII for rowing, etc, etc

McRooster

I just got the call my body has been dreading, looks like I'm donning the whites this Saturday for the first time since playing District in Darwin 11 years ago 😳

It's gonna hurt.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: McRooster on November 28, 2013, 07:54:50 PM
I just got the call my body has been dreading, looks like I'm donning the whites this Saturday for the first time since playing District in Darwin 11 years ago 😳

It's gonna hurt.

haha good news mate. just tell them you have a problem with your leg or something. park yourself at first slip.

good luck, here's to a comeback century mate

KoopKicka

Had a bit of a break from cricket since winning the bowling trophy for the 16 whites Glenelg district cricket team last season due to mental issues, but put the whites on again on the weekend to play community under 17's, man, I tell you, I missed it so bloody much, got to bowl 1 over at the end, apart from the first ball being hit back over my head for 6 and the next one a close LBW appeal that got turned down, it was great. Theyre coming out the hand really well too, pitching just outside leg and turning back onto an off-stump line with plenty of flight. Good to be back, even if it is in the bottom leagues. 8)

McRooster

We made 231 off our 40 overs, I came in with two balls to go, 1 not out. Fielded in gully and took two catches to have them 5 for 92 at drinks. We bowled them out for 115 soon after. I didn't bowl but I am feeling the pinch of running to deep third man when the keeper missed a few. Good team effort and a great bunch of lads, fun times.

nas

Post 2morrow after the poppa nap.

JBs-Hawks

Played against brodie smith in a charity t20 today. Nice guy!

roo boys!

Onya Roost! Is that you done for the season? Time to hang up the spikes again?

Talk about feeling the effects.... 128 overs in the field yesterday. Bowled 25 of them. Fair to say little movement was had today on my behalf haha

McRooster

Quote from: naste on December 01, 2013, 05:51:06 PM
Post 2morrow after the poppa nap.
That post was the day after, (and after the wife's Xmas show) and I am feeling it old mate 😣

Quote from: roo boys! on December 01, 2013, 08:49:30 PM
Onya Roost! Is that you done for the season? Time to hang up the spikes again?
Doesn't look like it RB, Stereosonic is on here in Adelaide this week and the younger brigade have already bailed, meaning I'm suiting up again this week.
I have to remember to not rock up in my whites otherwise it's another fine.
It's pretty cool these days to see your results in Weetbix MyCricket hey 😎

Tominator

Vinny