North Melbourne 2013 SuperCoach Season Review

Started by BB67th, September 29, 2013, 05:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Here is my next season review, on North Melbourne today. Check out SuperCoach HQ to see all my other articles and season reviews for the rest of the clubs. Hope you enjoy :)

http://www.supercoachhq.com/afl-supercoach.html

2013 Season Review - North Melbourne

Best First Year Player
Majak DAW - 6 matches, 311 points at 51.83. Increased $148,600
The Kangaroos did not have many debutants this year, and as a result, Majak Daw finds himself as North's best. Touted for many years as a big talent, similar to Nic Naitanui, he made his long awaited debut in round 4 against Brisbane. It was a whirlwind game; he kicked the opening goal in the first minute and then was later concussed and subbed out. He showed his true potential in round 7 against the Dogs, kicking 6 goals and scoring 129 points. He is definitely one to watch in the future.

Most Improved Player
Ben CUNNINGTON - 20 matches, 1916 points at 95.80. Increased $79,400
It was a good year for the North midfielders, and Cunnington had a nice breakout year. Overshadowed by big names like Swallow, Wells and Harvey, he went about it quietly, but had some big games, like his 151 against the Demons in round 18. With Swallow set to spend quite a while on the sidelines, Cunnington could get a more free role in the midfield and could be a good POD.

Best Buy
Todd GOLDSTEIN - 22 matches, 2498 points at 113.55. Increased $65,900
It was a massive year for Todd Goldstein, who was always reliable, playing every game and always scoring well. His lowest score was still a very solid 82, proving he is one of the most consistent rucks in the game. His high was 163, which shows he can pull out the big one when needed as well. A great year finished in an overall ranking of 6 in SuperCoach for the North big man. Get on him again next year.

Worst Buy
Shaun ATLEY - 22 matches, 1608 points at 73.09. Decreased $24,900
Atley is a young talent who had quite a good 2012, playing every game and averaging 71 points. He transitioned into a half back rebounding role, and 2013, his third year of football, looked like it could be the year he stepped up his game to another level. Unfortunately, he didn't, and had a year very similar to 2012. A bad buy this year, but will become a good player over time.

2014 Prospects

Drew Petrie
Petrie is really not rated as highly as he should be. As far as key forwards go, Petrie is one of the best when it comes to SuperCoach scoring. The big man had another great 2013, averaging over 100 points in his 22 games, and finishing 20th overall in the competition. He was only picked by 5% of teams, and could be a real alternative option if you want to go really unique in your forward line.

Andrew Swallow
It was another big year for Andrew Swallow, who even lead the Brownlow for the first 10 rounds, until a slow second half of the year ended with a big Achilles injury in round 18. It's set to make him miss a portion of 2014, so he could be a prime sub candidate in his comeback matches, making him bottom out nicely for a mid season upgrade.

Scott Thompson
Thompson continued his development of recent years and became one of the best one on one defenders this year, who also knows how to take an intercept mark, and rebound with it. He is inconsistent, but can get you big scores, going above 117 6 times this season.

Most Prolific

1.       Todd Goldstein (RUC) - 2498 @ 113.55
2.       Drew Petrie (FWD) - 2261 @ 102.77
3.       Daniel Wells (MID) - 2115 @ 96.14
4.       Ryan Bastinac (MID) - 2047 @ 93.05
5.       Ben Cunnington (MID) - 1916 @ 95.80
6.       Scott D. Thompson (DEF) - 1865 @ 98.16

Vinny

Nice work BB! :)

As you said Goldy was easily the best buy, had an awesome year.

There are a few break-out contenders though for the Roos in Cunnington, Bastinac, Ziebell.

Holz

got to add in this guy.

Aaron Mullett: priced marginally more than the first round nat rookies this guy started the season on fire with
103 122 94 76 67 66 28 72 64 135 80 for a very solid 83 average and rapidly increased in price. Was super unique and for those who picked him he gave a serious advantgae to everyone elses M8.

BB67th

Hmmm well I just noticed the whole article didn't even copy because of copy and paste issues ::) Let me fix that up.

Ricochet

Man Atley was a flop. He had so much hype on here in the preseason.

Vinny

Quote from: Ricochet on October 03, 2013, 11:04:28 AM

Yeah was a quite a bad year, he will get better over time.

Ricochet

Quote from: vinny on October 03, 2013, 11:05:44 AM

I think its more that Mullett took his role that everyone expected Atley to fill

specky92

I'll be seriously looking at Bastinac next year purely based on my man crush,  :P

roo boys!

Quote from: Ricochet on October 03, 2013, 11:09:57 AM
Quote from: vinny on October 03, 2013, 11:05:44 AM

I think its more that Mullett took his role that everyone expected Atley to fill
Yeah pretty much, also McDonald next year....hm

Quote from: specky92 on October 03, 2013, 11:22:51 AM
I'll be seriously looking at Bastinac next year purely based on my man crush,  :P
Oi! Didn't think anyone else saw the true talent of this spectacular man haha

BB67th

I've been following Bastinac closely this year seeing as he is in my XV team, and the man is a jet! He will be a very good midfielder. Roos have some nice midfield depth coming through.

_wato

Yeah Bastinac had quite an impressive second half of the year after the bye.
Averaged 104.63 in 11 games with 6 tons, 3 90's an 80 and a low score of 65, compared to an average of 81.27 in the first half.

I base players on what they finish with and priced at an average of 93, he could be one to breakout next year. He'll be a little too pricy for me, but still is a gun, and one of my favourite North Melbourne players.

specky92

I picked him up in supercoach draft and was just loving the ride!  ;D He's last game was really spectacular, was everywhere and used it exceptionally well,  :P

Jackross10