Jroo

Xavier Ellis
Price: 219 400 (Fan Planner)
2012 Games: 3
2012 Ave: 59
2011 Games: 8
2011 Ave: 79
Position: Midfield but should be defence to I reckon

Ellis has struggled with injuries for his whole career and particularly over the last 2 years only playing 11 out of 44 Home and Away games. Ellis was coming of his best Supercoach season last year averaging 79 but only playing the 8 games. If Ellis can not get injured and play all 22 games, then he is someone to watch. But for years now we have been waiting for the number 3 draft pick to have a break out year and hopefully 2013 could be his year. If Ellis has a strong pre season, his price and possibly Midfield/Defence DPP makes him very tempting.

2013 Supercoach Point Average Prediction: 75-80

Adamant

Massive potential...just struggles with injuries badly  :-\

Kellogscrunchynut

bowyanger

Last year was his 1st pre season, then got injured just before the season started.

If he has a full pre season, with no post season surgery Ill get him in, will be nice and cheap, often racks up 20+ possies a game...when he plays that is

AFEV

Needs to prove he can play a full season before I'll give him a second look. Chances are if I start with him he'll become a liability. No go.

However if he can keep himself fit he could establish himself as a legitimate def premium. Time will tell I suppose.

Adamant

Should definitely be considered at that price, but yeah...injuries really turn me off him  :P

roo boys!

Quote from: Sid on September 23, 2012, 08:56:38 PM
Needs to prove he can play a full season before I'll give him a second look. Chances are if I start with him he'll become a liability. No go.

My thoughts exactly. With the amount of returning from injury players that are genuine SC options this year, I think I'll steer clear of Ellis.

Shihan7

Quote from: Sid on September 23, 2012, 08:56:38 PM

However if he can keep himself fit he could establish himself as a legitimate def premium. Time will tell I suppose.
+1

aces-high

Guy is the epitomy of the phrase injury prone! Used to think he was just butter soft, but i kinda feel sorry for him now. Wont be risking him. I swear he picked up another injury in the granny right when he was playing well haha the guy is jinxed

Hagebear

Ahhh Xavier Ellis. Will always have a spot in my heart as he won me a cash league Grand Final 2 years ago.... but NO!

Shihan7

Way too injury prone for me to consider.....even at that price :-\

Speculator

No chance whatsoever for my team regardless of his injury history. There is something about the way he plays that I just don't like. Looks like a bit of a softy or something.

██████████