Main Menu

EXV Game Day

Started by Spinking, July 26, 2013, 02:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

All jokes aside congrats pb and nails.

What a battle came right down to the wire.

Good thing is the eagles will get even better next year, watch out.

PowerBug

elephants

Quote from: PowerBug on August 25, 2013, 07:48:54 PM
I wasnt joking.

flower off then, don't be a cow.

LaHug

Quote from: Holzman on August 25, 2013, 04:19:11 PM
Quote from: Nails on August 25, 2013, 04:15:22 PM
You underrate us holz.

When fit our team is every bit just as good as yours.

Our forward line probably averages more than your midfield ;) or close enough to it :o

We probably lost 1,000 points this season due to incorrect teams named. That's because I named players at random in the season and didn't care about points lost here and there. Just before the finals I actually looked at which players were averaging more and hence why we've actually got our best team on the park each week now.

Both you and nost always had the potential to take me out, I think I had every other team in the comps measure. I still have some flaws in my squad that I can work out over the preseason.

The backline is the major one. I have too many quality backs on the bench and not enough forwards. I only have 5 forwards and 2 were out this week. That's what killed me.
*cough*Bison*cough*

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on August 25, 2013, 07:53:50 PM
You underrate us holz.

Our forward line probably averages more than your midfield ;) or close enough to it :o

We probably lost 1,000 points this season due to incorrect teams named. That's because I named players at random in the season and didn't care about points lost here and there. Just before the finals I actually looked at which players were averaging more and hence why we've actually got our best team on the park each week now.

Both you and nost always had the potential to take me out, I think I had every other team in the comps measure. I still have some flaws in my squad that I can work out over the preseason.

The backline is the major one. I have too many quality backs on the bench and not enough forwards. I only have 5 forwards and 2 were out this week. That's what killed me.
*cough*Bison*cough*

Took out you guys by a measely 2 points this week.

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on August 25, 2013, 07:52:04 PM
I wasnt joking.

Just returning the favour that the cocky barbie has been dishing out all season.

LaHug

Quote from: Holzman on August 25, 2013, 07:55:38 PM
Quote from: LaHug on August 25, 2013, 07:53:50 PM
You underrate us holz.

*cough*Bison*cough*

Took out you guys by a measely 2 points this week.
I know! What a massive advantage you have over us ::)
Didn't help that Ball played half a game, Zorko's been down all year (although last two may have earned him a GF birth!) and no Suckling. Plus Scotland's poor season. Always thought we were a team deserving of the GF and perennially underrated.

Metal will be a tough beat though!

Nails

Yeah Scotland's poor season really let us down in EXVs  ;D

Ziplock

Quote from: PowerBug on August 25, 2013, 07:58:48 PM
Quote from: elephants on August 25, 2013, 07:52:04 PM
I wasnt joking.

Just returning the favour that the cocky barbie has been dishing out all season.

haha, he wasn't really cocky/ arrogant... the eagles were significantly the best performing team all year.

they went undefeated in the HA season, and scored the most points (significantly as well)
like, they had a % of 116.6, the next highest (sweden) had a % of 111... the difference between first and second in scoring throughout the year was actually greater than the difference between the 2nd and 4th.

Nails

We didn't even bother naming our best team for the entire season

Like in the last couple rounds we even admitted we were playing young kids.

Some rounds we lost 100-200 points by accidentally having better players in reserves/emg

Eagles lucky they didn't have that problem. That's 4 weeks in a row we outscored Eagles. 4 Weeks ago I actually sat down and worked out who was averaging watch and which players were in the best form.

CrowsFan

Scrads

Well done LH, appalling effort by my mob (probably our worst for the year but I don't feel like checking haha). Even if we did put in a half-decent crack your lads made an awesome score and would have been very hard to even get close to.

Bison v Metal final, good luck to both of you lads :)

LaHug

Quote from: Scrads on August 25, 2013, 11:44:47 PM
Well done LH, appalling effort by my mob (probably our worst for the year but I don't feel like checking haha). Even if we did put in a half-decent crack your lads made an awesome score and would have been very hard to even get close to.

I was nervous after Friday night but your team just disappeared from then while mine fired. Disappointing that it couldn't be closer but I'm obviously very happy to have made it.
Good luck for next year.
Hopefully my boys can come away with a win this week! Gotta hope that Ball's playing!

elephants

Quote from: LaHug on August 25, 2013, 11:48:58 PM
Quote from: Scrads on August 25, 2013, 11:44:47 PM

I was nervous after Friday night but your team just disappeared from then while mine fired. Disappointing that it couldn't be closer but I'm obviously very happy to have made it.
Good luck for next year.
Hopefully my boys can come away with a win this week! Gotta hope that Ball's playing!

I hope they give Ball a rest, got Colli in the BXV Granny :P

Justin Bieber

Well done Metal and Bison, Huggy and CF are going far this finals series :o. Really were the darkhorses like tipped :-X. Can their fairytale run continue?!