Calling it early - no-one will catch "The Dimma Wits"

Started by acroyale, June 18, 2013, 11:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acroyale

Each year I go for overall - currently sitting at 508, however looking at my team this week and "The Dimma Wits" ranked 1st - I don't think anyone can catch that team. His team is almost complete and has all the right premiums (Based on form and first half of season)

My question is: what do you need to win when +500 outside the top 10?

The only thought that I have is to bring in PODS and gamble on the second half of the year - given that these PODS will be compared to the normal current performing premiums that the top 100 teams would have.

Players that I have thought about (I have ruled out any mid as I think a POD still wont outscore current premiums) are: A Goodes, Ibbotson, Harvey, Hurn, McKenzie, Ryder, Waite, Maric.

I have finished 12th previously and know that when you are in the upper bracket it is hard to fall when your team is set.

So do I roll the dice and go PODS and possible improvers? This week I will be nearing my complete team with the norm premium? Looking at Birchall and Bartel this week but that is just like everyone else's team, or do I go Goodes and Ibbo or McKenzie and Ryder to have any chance at improving??

acroyale

ossie85

Holz

have been catching up almost every week. He has no trades as he kept goodes.

Hanley v Eski
Heppell v Hartlett
Hibberd v Shaw
Mckeznie v Staker/Terlich
Griffen v Mundy
Mitchell v priddis
Goldy v Buddy

any late out and he is gone. has shocking cover.

Bennedy and Colq his mid cover
Oxley Mcbean his forward cover
Nic nat Nicholls his ruck cover
Terlich Goodes his back cover.

buddy mundy or priddis out and cya later. anyone out and I have JJK or nick haynes coming onto my field.

creeker

Have been keeping an eye on a few teams and there has been some big movers over the last few weeks.
Holzman has gone very well, ( well done ) along with Golden Boys and Mad Micks Mayhem.
2 teams have made up some huge ground since round 13.
Razor Sharp Lions was ranked at 204 @ rnd 13, now currently 13th.
Jacobs Crew was ranked at 333 @ rnd 13, now currently 25th.
On the flip side, RFC Havin a crack was ranked 5th @ rnd 14, now blown out to 124th.
Think the 50k is still wide open.
Best of luck Holzman, there will be some nervous times ahead.

acroyale

Good Luck Holz for the remainder of the season - nice to have a FF player win!

It was an early call for Dimma Witts at the time back on June 18 - Trades are obviously unknown.

Look like Dimma Witts may be hit hard this week with some late outs if no trades remain.

Vinny

acroyale

Call me Nostradamis. Well young Vinny - he had the team I was building just had it before me! I also was unlucky with uniques like Ibbo and McKenzie dropping off later.

Unlucky Holz - so close best off luck next year - must get Holz into the FF Platinum League next year - would have improved our 6th ranking...

Have a great off season!!

Holz

Quote from: acroyale on September 01, 2013, 10:26:21 PM
Call me Nostradamis. Well young Vinny - he had the team I was building just had it before me! I also was unlucky with uniques like Ibbo and McKenzie dropping off later.

Unlucky Holz - so close best off luck next year - must get Holz into the FF Platinum League next year - would have improved our 6th ranking...

Have a great off season!!

i applied for it got rejected. Got relegated to silver.

Vinny

You got rejected for something in SC? :o Sounds sus, haha.

Holz

Quote from: vinny on September 03, 2013, 08:29:10 PM
You got rejected for something in SC? :o Sounds sus, haha.

To be fair before this year I was a DTer before the new trade rule. I always mucked around in sc. In fact this year I spent all preseason on my dt and spent a few days on my SC.

Vinny

Fair enough! Haha, going with your gut worked I guess.