2012 Supercoach Scoring change! not selecting Boyd, Selwood or Franklin

Started by Adz23, March 08, 2012, 11:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adz23

Hey all,

I was reading this article the other day, which indicates the 2012 supercoach scoring scheme is going to be different,
in short terms these are the changes

• Clanger Kicks in 2011 resulted in a 4 point deduction, this year it is -8 points
  • Clanger Handballs in 2011 resulted in a 4 point deduction, this year it is -6 points
  • Free Kick Against in 2011 resulted in a 4 point deduction, this year it is -6 point

with this being said players like Boyd, Selwood and most importantly Franklin will be effected by these changes in 2012
after reading is this does it make you reconsider who to select in your supercoach team?

Source: http://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2012/03/07/supercoach-2102-scoring-changes-game-trends/

ZEDDOG

Taking that into account, buddy's ave drops from 110 to under 100.
Puts a bit of doubt over one of the most popular picks for 2012
Selwood was underpriced due to injury game last tr but buddy was already full  priced at 600k.

colmullet

true but in his new role with more time up the ground he may well balance that difference out this year

Adz23

Cheers for the reply guys,
im interested in seeing what people think on this one

it seems that SC isnt leaving much room for error this year,

ud think buddy time in the midfield would help but that still depends how effective he is, its a bit similar to Mumford in saying he dominates hitouts to advantage so thats + 3 per advantaged hitout, but we no how many free kicks he gives away

i guess efficiency will be the key

colmullet

true, i still think he's a lock though, the only player its made me think about seriously is boyd by those stats, some like dal santo might be a better option this year

devize

Not starting with buddy this year, he's pretty expensive and has a tough early fixture. You'd think he'd give away a fair few free kicks during those games so he could be in for a couple of his 50 pointers early.

Adz23

there's no doubt buddy's a champion, alternatively if buddy isnt chosen in your initial 30 man squad for the start of the season, he would be a decent upgrade target, considering he would of lost some of that 600K price tags. the byes are a lil awkward for him but the forward line is going to have atleast 1 donut come the byes anyway

no eye deer

fever

has made me swap selwood for swallow as of now.

i still think franklin is worth having because even if he drops a little he's still in the top 5 or 6 fwds easy. yeah he could shed some value and be a good upgrade target, but then you have to waste a trade and a cashcow and you're no guarantee that the player you upgrade will increase sufficiently.

Adz23

Quote from: fever on March 09, 2012, 01:05:19 PM

i still think franklin is worth having because even if he drops a little he's still in the top 5 or 6 fwds easy. yeah he could shed some value and be a good upgrade target, but then you have to waste a trade and a cashcow and you're no guarantee that the player you upgrade will increase sufficiently.

i think he will deff be worth getting, but if your going for overall, he could be the difference between creating a unique gap at the start of the season - which breaks even to the idea of a upgrade n a risky cashcow, at the end of the day there is no guarantee that a rookie or an upgrade will perform, it comes down to luck of the draw or finding someone with a good consistency. franklins a bit of a catch 22 whether ya pick him from the start or upgrade him and try create a buffer in ur overall score

Adz23

according to Al Paton's twitter account the supercoach scoring system hasnt changed from the 2011 model

fever

Quote from: Adz23 on March 09, 2012, 01:35:57 PM
Quote from: fever on March 09, 2012, 01:05:19 PM

i think he will deff be worth getting, but if your going for overall, he could be the difference between creating a unique gap at the start of the season - which breaks even to the idea of a upgrade n a risky cashcow, at the end of the day there is no guarantee that a rookie or an upgrade will perform, it comes down to luck of the draw or finding someone with a good consistency. franklins a bit of a catch 22 whether ya pick him from the start or upgrade him and try create a buffer in ur overall score

the flipside to this is you could easily fall too far back if he chops it up which, let's face it, is entirely possible.

Ziplock

on free kicks alone buddys average will drop by over 4 points.

dunno about clangers.

Ringo

no eye deer

Well fuggit, I'm not changing back again! Priddis it is. At leastp I'll have someone to abuse if Boyd averages 130s