6 premiums in the middle

Started by andrews rebels, February 29, 2012, 10:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Hmm interesting concept, so thought I would put together a team to see what it was like. This is what I came up with...

B. Goddard, G. Birchall, B. Houli, J. Hawksley, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (S. Darley, L. Brown)

G. Ablett, D. Swan, C. Judd, M. Priddis, J. Selwood, R. Griffen (D. Shiel, J. Magner)

W. Minson, J. Giles (J. Jenkins, O. Stephenson)

L. Franklin, D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, G. Rohan, J. Porplyzia, G. Weedon, A. Hall (S. Kerridge, T. Couch)

7k left in the bank...

Justin Bieber

That's not a really good team, CF

CrowsFan

Haha no not really. I'm never going to use it, just seeing what I could come up with.

In it I count 13 keepers (possibly more if Lake or Porps can get back to their best), but the problem is not having the mid rookies to make you cash quickly. Basically you need mid rookies to do well in this game

Justin Bieber

Yeah considering putting 3 mid guns. Freeing up like two prems in other possys. Just cause I have $$$$

Capper

you are probably better off going more prems in the backs and forwards as rookie mids will score well early and will easily be up and down graded

andrews rebels

Thanks for all the feed back everyone....look outside the square....... ;D

Usman

If anyone was so desperately looking for a unique stratgey that hardly anyone else would use, i would go a rookie midfield rather than spending big $$$ in the midfield to start off with. After all midfield rookies tend to be the best scoring and the most reliable. why not a 2-6 1-7 or even 0-8 strategy? food for thought.

Im sure it will spark some controversy but this strategy could work, with the right picks and not being cheap with the best rookies.

Capper

i dont think you would go 0-8 as you need a captain everyweek.

I am considering going with either a 2-6 or 3-5 with Swan, GAj and maybe Boyd.

Usman

Quote from: tabs on March 01, 2012, 11:53:12 PM
i dont think you would go 0-8 as you need a captain everyweek.

I am considering going with either a 2-6 or 3-5 with Swan, GAj and maybe Boyd.

thats the issue with a 0-8 but its still possible you might only not have a perma captain for 6-7 weeks?? might be a little harder to use this structure with the byes this year but if you picked your captains wisely from the other premiums it shouldnt be too much of an issue. However i would prefer a 1-7 mids structure from the get go,