Upgrade timeline for (ultra) premiums

Started by almax, February 09, 2011, 03:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almax

Lets put together a timeline for the best time to upgrade to an ultra premium, for example:

GAblett - Round 10

Why
Bring him in after Gold coasts last bye in round 9.
Preferably trade out an Essendon player as they have their first bye in round 10.

Could also include best time to trade out a particular player due to finals byes.

Please include reasons why you think the time suggested is a good time.

Quote from: luckyanton on February 09, 2011, 04:43:54 PM
Lock in Didak after round 7. His price will have dropped and he'll be on the rise after recovering from his injury. And round 7 is a collingwood bye as well :)

Quote from: Patrician on February 09, 2011, 05:22:55 PM
And I am guessing the main idea of this is to guide how people can best avoid bringing in premiums which still have byes. Which will be important for an overall win.

So you just follow the byes:

Ablett: Any time after Round 9, Cross: After Round 20.

With some players, you'll want to wait for their first bye (e.g.  Richmond, Adelaide) as their second is in the non-league playing weeks. Although who'd you would be bringing in from those......

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on February 09, 2011, 05:54:57 PMi reckon:
DANE SWAN
if u dont have him at the start ur dumb, but if u dont after rd 14 is the best time.

Quote from: AndyJ on February 09, 2011, 07:02:58 PM
Upgrading to saints ultra premiums may appear quite straight forward at the moment (before we know 2011 team form etc). They have a relatively easy first 7 weeks of the season then tougher matches through to round 13.

round 10 Freo (in WA)
round 11 Collingwood (mcg)
round 12 Western Bulldogs (etihad)
round 13 Geelong (MCG)
round 14 2nd BYE

Chances are, they'll struggle in afew of those games and some of their premiums may be at their cheapest towards the 2nd bye in R14.
Thats then followed by another string of easier games through till the end of the season, bar the collingwood game in R21.

8-6 Suited

Dont let bye rounds distract you from the only time upgrading to premiums matter... WHEN THEY ARE AT THEIR LOWEST price wise.

almax

...actually just realised this perhaps belongs in the strategy forum?
Mods if so please move

almax

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on February 09, 2011, 03:42:01 PM
Dont let bye rounds distract you from the only time upgrading to premiums matter... WHEN THEY ARE AT THEIR LOWEST price wise.

good point, and yeah price will always be the number 1 factor, but this would still be a good resource to use in some decisions, maybe whether to choose one premium over another.

8-6 Suited

Not really any different to a sense of logical and a few minutes thinking.

almax

So your saying that people should just take a few extra minutes to consider all options right?

Im saying this will save those few minutes by having the information laid out infront of you.

8-6 Suited

It wont save anytime because people will still need to look at the form of each player, the future opponents, break evens, prices, alternative options and the exact same criterias for them as well.

almax

what are you contradicting yourself now, just a minute ago you said it would take a few minutes to think about it, now your saying it wont take extra time?

Or are you just trying to up your post count by arguing to get that elusive 'coach' tag under your name...  :P

Boomz

Quote from: almax on February 09, 2011, 04:08:38 PM
what are you contradicting yourself now, just a minute ago you said it would take a few minutes to think about it, now your saying it wont take extra time?

Or are you just trying to up your post count by arguing to get that elusive 'coach' tag under your name...  :P

How did u guess :P

8-6 Suited

Okay, let me just make this extremely clear for you as you seem to be a little too thick to comprehend it.

I said it will only take a few minutes and this thread wouldn't change that.

You said this thread is supposed to save people from those few minutes thinking about it and give them the options.

I then said no, it wouldn't because people still need to think about the other reasonings for a successful trade.

Therefore, in conclusion. You are wrong. Now introduce your face to your palm and read posts a little more thoroughly prior to using big words like contradicting.

Slap

8-6 Suited

Oh I am relaxed. Why do people always think I am not calm? AM I TYPING IN CAPS LOCK THAT WOULD INFER I AM SCREAMING?

I think not.

luckyanton

Lock in Didak after round 7. His price will have dropped and he'll be on the rise after recovering from his injury. And round 7 is a collingwood bye as well :)

almax

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on February 09, 2011, 04:14:55 PM
Okay, let me just make this extremely clear for you as you seem to be a little too thick to comprehend it.

I said it will only take a few minutes and this thread wouldn't change that.

You said this thread is supposed to save people from those few minutes thinking about it and give them the options.

I then said no, it wouldn't because people still need to think about the other reasonings for a successful trade.

Therefore, in conclusion. You are wrong. Now introduce your face to your palm and read posts a little more thoroughly prior to using big words like contradicting.

OMG you are such a deuch!
How about you get a life instead of trying to up your post count on a football forum by trying to belittle people and projecting yourself as an all knowing deity of fantasy football.

redfield

Just as a point of interest regarding the two players mentioned so far; Gary is predicted to be at his low point after rd 24 (just a little late) and Didak after rd 18. This of course is based entirely on history and is guaranteed not to be accurate. Still, interesting...