Main Menu

do Brisbane NEED a priority pick

Started by kilbluff1985, August 31, 2016, 09:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

iZander

yes, but dont think they can get one because the precedence has been set with melbourne not getting one :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: iZander on August 31, 2016, 09:45:31 PM
yes, but dont think they can get one because the precedence has been set with melbourne not getting one :P

hasn't Brisbane been down longer than Melbourne? i don't think you can compare the two

iZander

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 31, 2016, 09:49:13 PM
Quote from: iZander on August 31, 2016, 09:45:31 PM

hasn't Brisbane been down longer than Melbourne? i don't think you can compare the two

gee i hope not, couldnt say for sure though

I think using past rejection for the priority pick is exactly what you should compare with :P

Bill Manspeaker

Melbourne got priority picks though, just didn't work out. or one at least, not sure if there were more

I think Brissy need one

kilbluff1985

well i'm saying Brisbanes future looks much worse then Melbournes ever did even before the last 2 years

iZander

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 31, 2016, 09:53:44 PM
well i'm saying Brisbanes future looks much worse then Melbournes ever did even before the last 2 years
mmm fair enough :P I reckon there might be some melbourne supporters that would disagree with that though :P

Brissy actually have some good players, especially in that mid, there was a time when Jonesy was a lone soldier at the dees :P

Mat0369

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 31, 2016, 09:49:13 PM

Melbourne last played finals in 2006, Brisbane 2009. The answer is no they haven't, Melbourne were much more of a basket case and Brisbane don't deserve a pick.

The Dogs looked to be in a worse position before Beveridge got there and Port looked on the verge of shutting up shop when they were putting tarps on the seat and getting smashed every week. It turns quickly.

nrich102

I think we're a pretty good chance of PP, especially because of the Essendon situation. I know you'll hate me for talking about this KB, but there are a lot of people that don't think Essendon deserve pick 1, and if someone like Eddie was to come out and say... Basically it gives the AFL a very good excuse to not give Essendon pick 1.

iZander

Quote from: nrich102 on August 31, 2016, 10:20:48 PM
I think we're a pretty good chance of PP, especially because of the Essendon situation. I know you'll hate me for talking about this KB, but there are a lot of people that don't think Essendon deserve pick 1, and if someone like Eddie was to come out and say... Basically it gives the AFL a very good excuse to not give Essendon pick 1.
I cant say i know the criteria for PP but im pretty sure thats not one :P
But certainly bias everywhere so could be factor for sure!!!

Think there would be some very angry Melbourne supporters if you were to get a PP though :P and probably rightly so

GoLions

Melbourne didn't get one, so we won't. If we're still in the same position in another year or two, then maybe.

nrich102

Quote from: iZander on August 31, 2016, 10:24:19 PM
I cant say i know the criteria for PP but im pretty sure thats not one :P
But certainly bias everywhere so could be factor for sure!!!

Think there would be some very angry Melbourne supporters if you were to get a PP though :P and probably rightly so
There is no criteria for a PP, its at the AFL's discretion. Sure they have something drawn up somewhere, but it can't be that hard to justify giving us a pick.

Melbourne supports will have more than every right to be pissed if we get a pick.

fanTCfool

If Brisbane got pick #1 and #3 and Essendon got #2 I wouldn't be too upset

meow meow

All Brisbane need is better medical staff. I doubt they'd suck as much if Beams, Christo and Bell were playing.

And Melbourne did get a priority pick disguised as Frawley's compensation pick.

kilbluff1985

people cant put aside there hate for Essendon to make a clear minded decision i really stopped caring about random peoples opinons on AFL a long time ago everyones biased

the AFL cant take it off us now anyway they should of thought of this at the start of the season