British XV's - 2015 Discussion Thread

Started by Ringo, February 06, 2015, 02:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

Quote from: Spite on January 22, 2016, 07:22:08 PM
Quote from: iZander on January 22, 2016, 07:15:39 PM
Quote from: Spite on January 22, 2016, 07:01:47 PM
Quote from: Rids on January 22, 2016, 06:33:12 PM
Goddard plays behind the ball a lot. I would argue that Goddard plays more behind the ball than what Montagna did in front of the ball in 2015  ;)

If that is your reasoning, that is how CD choose their positions and didn't give it to him :P But whatever, one or two "mistakes" are ok, 13 would not be all-right.

Quote from: iZander on January 22, 2016, 06:57:34 PM
Quote from: Spite on January 22, 2016, 06:54:53 PM
Quote from: iZander on January 22, 2016, 06:48:35 PM
Quote from: Spite on January 22, 2016, 06:28:30 PM
Quote from: GoLions on January 22, 2016, 06:10:44 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on January 22, 2016, 06:07:06 PM
Quote from: GoLions on January 22, 2016, 05:59:10 PM
I'd like to know how UF actually does their positioning. Rids/Ringo, would one of you guys be able to find that out?

However it's done there seems to be a healthy dose of common sense .......... there isn't one player on the list of 13 that l disagree with
Can't say I watched many Essendon games, so could someone tell me how much time Goddard spent playing in defence? He's probably the only one in this list that I was surprised at, so if there's a good reason for it then I'm all good with it. But if, for example, they expected him to play more defence this year (as kind of mentioned in iZander's post), then that would be kinda stupid, as he'll play pure mid this season now you'd think after the Bombers suspensions.

Tbh after seeing the list as a whole, I also agree with all of them except for Goddard. I watched pretty much all of Essendons games and still don't see it

So you're against the changes because of 1 change, despite thinking the other 12 are good changes? Never going to get 100% of the calls correct in everyones opinion :)

I had previously asked for the full list of changes, I only got to view them now for the first time. Wasn't that obvious? Have I said anything against the changes after agreeing with 12 of the changes?

Or did you mean "are you" instead of the accusatory, "you are"?

After the last 5 pages of discussion is largely you, id assume you had read the actual changes. To argue for that long about it without seeing the changes seems strange to me. My apologies i did not realise.

And some of you guys were willing to argue back without also seeing the list? If they were incredibly odd choices, it would have been the same situation

Cant image there were too many people who didn't read the list before debating about them, think you might be alone there :)

Haha you're full of it mate. There were plenty of times when discussing that someone could have brought it up and no one did. If they could have used that to end an argument they would have, so I'm sure I wasn't the single only person to not view the list.
GL just said before that he agreed with all except for Goddard, so he hadn't read it either. And there will be others.

Do you feel better about yourself now? :)
Lol, everyone had seen the list

Spite

Quote from: Ringo on January 22, 2016, 07:25:03 PM
Hey guys keep it civil please.  I will just confirm though that link was posted in my initial post on this issue so it could invoke comment.

Civil...It doesn't matter if I agree with the majority or not, someone will and has attacked me. I'm perfectly fine arguing over a difference of opinions but random pot shots with nothing to antagonise should probably be dealt with no? Feel free to look over the last few pages and deal with them appropriately. There already was warnings given so I'm not sure how many get given before anything gets done.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Spite on January 22, 2016, 07:43:58 PM
Hey guys keep it civil please.  I will just confirm though that link was posted in my initial post on this issue so it could invoke comment.

Civil...It doesn't matter if I agree with the majority or not, someone will and has attacked me. I'm perfectly fine arguing over a difference of opinions but random pot shots with nothing to antagonise should probably be dealt with no? Feel free to look over the last few pages and deal with them appropriately. There already was warnings given so I'm not sure how many get given before anything gets done.

he just did  deal with it by saying keep it civil it wasn't just directed at you

feel like you're been super defensive lately

Spite

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 22, 2016, 07:47:23 PM
Quote from: Spite on January 22, 2016, 07:43:58 PM

he just did  deal with it by saying keep it civil it wasn't just directed at you

feel like you're been super defensive lately

I know the civil was directed to everyone, but again, second warning.

Have I been super defensive though KB?

Quote from: Ringo on January 19, 2016, 05:32:44 PM
Do not think you realise with going UF and customising we get to use their scoring systems and saves me a great deal of work as I will explain.

Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 19, 2016, 05:45:33 PM
When I kindly asked for 1% and spoiler stats. You told me to find them myself. So I will leave you to find them! They've actually been said on the forum itself, but if you're really struggling i'd try twitter. Pretty easy to find them there :)

Quote from: Ringo on January 19, 2016, 07:05:53 PM
For Heavens sake stop trying to side track this discussion by bringing in other factors and not sticking to the facts.  the Stanton and Heppell will be addressed with the mini draft as decided so no need to bring them into this discussion.

Only trying to work out which DPP we use and the consensus so far is go with UF with players locked at Round 1.

Quote from: GoLions on January 19, 2016, 07:09:19 PM
Him and Riska both should have the same amount of years left to play, thinking a straight swap? ;)

Quote from: Ringo on January 19, 2016, 07:28:23 PM
That was because Sportal used CD now we are changing to UF we should be governed by them. None of you have been involved in Admin to know how much has been involved over the years. If you want to use CD then go to the other xvs.  We have an opportunity to get something unique and because you do not benefit you seem to be against every enhancement we try to do to make the competition fairer. So you need to consider the whole competition not the Hedgehogs which I as administrator do.

JB you have not read the whole discussion on this as it was my original suggestion tto try and keep the admin job a little easier.

Quote from: nrich102 on January 19, 2016, 07:39:25 PM
We don't even need discussion on this, it should be Ringos decision with whatever makes it easiest for him.

Quote from: Spite on January 19, 2016, 07:35:22 PM
Also your response to JB is quite mean. I think he did read it and he gave his opinion and you shut it down because you didn't agree with it. There was nothing he said that showed he hadn't read through the thread.

Did you actually read what he wrote? Pretty clear he didn't read it

Quote from: nrich102 on January 19, 2016, 08:04:15 PM

If 13 positional changes are so bad, how about we just lock in positions and never change a players position throughout their career.

Quote from: nrich102 on January 19, 2016, 08:24:45 PM

What difference are these positions going to make? You just seem to be pissed that another team will benefit and you won't.

Surprised you're against perma locking positions, because 15 changes are such a big issue.

Quote from: iZander on January 22, 2016, 06:48:35 PM
Quote from: Spite on January 22, 2016, 06:28:30 PM
Quote from: GoLions on January 22, 2016, 06:10:44 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on January 22, 2016, 06:07:06 PM
Quote from: GoLions on January 22, 2016, 05:59:10 PM
I'd like to know how UF actually does their positioning. Rids/Ringo, would one of you guys be able to find that out?

However it's done there seems to be a healthy dose of common sense .......... there isn't one player on the list of 13 that l disagree with
Can't say I watched many Essendon games, so could someone tell me how much time Goddard spent playing in defence? He's probably the only one in this list that I was surprised at, so if there's a good reason for it then I'm all good with it. But if, for example, they expected him to play more defence this year (as kind of mentioned in iZander's post), then that would be kinda stupid, as he'll play pure mid this season now you'd think after the Bombers suspensions.

Tbh after seeing the list as a whole, I also agree with all of them except for Goddard. I watched pretty much all of Essendons games and still don't see it

So you're against the changes because of 1 change, despite thinking the other 12 are good changes? Never going to get 100% of the calls correct in everyones opinion :)

Pretty much all of these have a negative tone towards me and only one from nrich was because of something I had said to him right beforehand, all the others were completely out of no where.

That's quite a few comments directed at me, still think I am being super defensive unnecessarily man? I mean belittling what happened would actually fit the theme if you were trying to do it on purpose, but I know you're not in this case.

Nige

I'm like 99.99% sure Dave's post about the trade was in jest hahaha. Dave doesn't make serious posts.

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on January 22, 2016, 08:25:48 PM
I'm like 99.99% sure Dave's post about the trade was in jest hahaha. Dave doesn't make serious posts.
It was 100% serious until I worked out Riska's avg today under the proposed scoring system :P

And a lot of this arguing is pointless. We are all basically agreeing that at least 12 of the 13 changes are fair enough it seems. Plenty of people have said stuff that they probably shouldn't have, so just calm down.

Ringo

Guys end it now or thread will be locked.

Spite

Quote from: GoLions on January 22, 2016, 08:29:45 PM
Quote from: Nige on January 22, 2016, 08:25:48 PM
It was 100% serious until I worked out Riska's avg today under the proposed scoring system :P

And a lot of this arguing is pointless. We are all basically agreeing that at least 12 of the 13 changes are fair enough it seems. Plenty of people have said stuff that they probably shouldn't have, so just calm down.

Of course it's pointless, I had agreed and thought it was done before being attacked again... When you say "Plenty of people have said stuff that they probably shouldn't have", all those things that were said were pretty much directed at me :P I don't even think I started any comment, I just retaliated to some out of line comments.

Quote from: Ringo on January 22, 2016, 08:30:36 PM
Guys end it now or thread will be locked.

End the attacking or end the complaining about the attacking?

Ringo

Nige

Some of the averages under this new system are insane. Bring back SC+DT/2 I say.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on January 22, 2016, 08:43:39 PM
Some of the averages under this new system are insane. Bring back SC+DT/2 I say.

How does licking my tinea toes sound?

kilbluff1985

it's getting closer back to sportal how it should be though for example Rocky averaged like 160 in sportal

everyones averages are higher so it doesn't really mean that much just higher numbers

Ringo

Just remember back 2 years what our average scores were under Sportal our scores last year dropped around 2/300 points per team per game. We did not see the 2200 games we did under Sportal.  So expect to see similar this year with UF.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 22, 2016, 08:46:05 PM

heard they good the ketchup

Nige

Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 22, 2016, 08:46:05 PM

I volunteer Dave as tribute.