GF trades

Started by js19, August 24, 2015, 02:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

js19

Hi guys

Made the GF in my main cash league, but up against a fairly similar team, with his PODs a fair bit stronger on current form, so pondering my options.

Me: KKolo, Ward, Lewis, Bont, Stef, Gawn/Franklin
Him: Hodge/B Smith, Danger, Sloane, Priddis, NicNat, Deledio

2 Trades and 134k in the bank.

I'm thinking of going Lewis to Sloane to eliminate one POD that could kill me, leaving 105k for the last trade. Thinking I might need to look outside the square for a potential high scorer - maybe A Hall or Motlop for Gawn or Buddy?

Other option would be to eliminate Priddis as a POD as well, but not sure this would help my cause... If Hodge gets a week this would likely leave KKolo, Ward, Bont and Stef vs Smith, Danger, NicNat and Lids. Not sure if he has trades or cash.

Or I could down/up rookies on the bench to Danger and loophole Lewis and Bont?

Need some big'uns! Any help appreciated.

GCSkiwi

See what happens with Hodge first, hopefully he gets done and you have Kolo vs Smith which I think could still be dicey for you on Smith's recent form... but it's your best shot at a win I reckon.

Ward vs Danger, Lewis vs Sloane and Bont vs Priddis I think you lose all of sorry, though your possible advantage is that Weagles are playing Crows. That'll either kill you or save you depending on where CP's go.

Martin vs NicNat I think you could actually win based off opponents - Martin vs Hawks, NicNat vs Adelaide... Sauce could hold up NicNat.

GawnBud vs Lids - If buddy comes back I think you get this.

In your shoes I think I would do this:

Wait and see what happens with MRP and teams. if Hodge is gone and Buddy is back, turn Lewis and Bont into Sloane and Priddis. Shoulod leave you with Kolo vs Smith, Ward vs Danger, Smartin vs NicNat and Buddy vs Lids - I think you've got a chance there esp if you can pull off a POD captain pick...
If Hodge stays in and Buddy stays out then honestly I think you're in trouble regardless of what trades you make. I would probably still look to neutralise those players though.

The advantage is if you pass on Motlop then you're not making any trades affected by Friday's game, so you can look and see what your opponent has done to their team before making any calls...

Spite

I'd trade mine for Miranda Kerr I think.

In your situation, can't go wrong with what GCS has said above. Assuming fitness of your players, I would probably trade Gawn out for maybe Bartel and loophole a forward with buddy. Or even swing bont forward and trade Gawn to a premo mid instead, possibly loophole in the mids if possible.

On the VC/C front, either choose a VC that plays friday night so they can't copy, or make it very late so that you can copy them. (for example VC on pendles or a goldy)

Good Luck!

js19

Thanks guys.

Hodge out helps! Both Gawn and Bud playing late on Sunday is a killer I reckon.

Guessing he'll go Goldy into Danger, Sloane or Fyfe, so might need to get creative there...

The guy has won three years straight, so would love to shut him down!

I've worked out I will need to do the Lewis - Sloane. Then I can put Bont on the bench to loophole. If he nails it (120+) I'll give Amon a game. Otherwise, Gawn can become Priddis or even Mundy if I need another POD to give me half a chance. Will need Bud to play, and play well!