ROUND THREE 2016 MATCH CENTRE

Started by JBs-Hawks, April 07, 2016, 11:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Rids on April 12, 2016, 03:32:19 PM
4 teams sub 1500 this week. There is a massive gap between the stronger teams and the weaker teams unfortunately. I am not sure it bodes well for the competition to have such a gap.
Yeh its not ideal but three of those teams are in rebuild mode, and the other is without Rocky, Heppell and Elliott at the moment.

nrich102

Hong Kong will go undefeated in 2020, just watch  8)

JBs-Hawks

I would imagine tanking/rebuild trades will be harder to get through in the future.

tbagrocks

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 12, 2016, 06:53:14 PM
I would imagine tanking/rebuild trades will be harder to get through in the future.
What about trades to a team already with a dozen fantasy guns, further widening the gaps? ???  just say'n,

Of course bottom ended teams will look to tank/rebuild if they don't think they can match teams at the top who bring in more and more top end talent each year without any kind of cap! Just say'n ;)

JBs-Hawks

And how do those teams bring in those older guns? By getting them off teams going into 'rebuild' mode.

nrich102

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 12, 2016, 06:53:14 PM
Don't think the admin should dictate how other teams should go about building up their teams.

PowerBug

Tbh I don't know why each team isn't trying to improve their list year upon year and win as many games as they can.

JBs-Hawks

Did Andrew Demetriou once say the Swans played boring football before they won a premiership?

Prove me wrong!

nrich102

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 12, 2016, 07:35:34 PM
Did Andrew Demetriou once say the Swans played boring football before they won a premiership?

Prove me wrong!
Good on you for stating fact.

That however does not make it right for admin to dictate how teams run themselves.

tbagrocks

Quote from: nrich102 on April 12, 2016, 07:42:17 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 12, 2016, 07:35:34 PM

Prove me wrong!
Good on you for stating fact.

That however does not make it right for admin to dictate how teams run themselves.
If hawthorn go and by Jack Viney, Jesse Hogan, , Petracca, Maxi Gawn and Tom McDonald. The AFL would step in and say "No, that cannot happen" Also the Hawks couldn't keep them under te salary cap!

But there is no cap in Asia but I still expect similar ruling by administrators that make sure the HUGE gulf between the top few and bottom few doesn't get too big. By making sure top end teams simply can't just walk up like I suggest if Hawthorn could do to Melbourne if they were in this comp!

Or doesn't anyone as usual, get what i'm saying :P

Surely a bottom team would look at say the Crocs or Ales and go "Wow, we cannot compete for years here, let's just sit at the bottom and try bring in some top end kids every year till we think we might even be able to compete? Just sayn ;)

So if Admin will not stop the poaching of top end talent to the top teams, why should they be able to control what the bottom teams do? Just sayn :P

P.S Really not trying to be a trouble maker .......  I just believe all these things need to be considered, that's all

JBs-Hawks

By stopping the bottom teams giving away players then that will in turn stop the teams getting players for free will it not? ;)

tbagrocks

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 13, 2016, 09:54:50 PM
By stopping the bottom teams giving away players then that will in turn stop the teams getting players for free will it not? ;)
No because that's double standards! Top teams MUST also be accountable for their previous and future raping of teams!