Brisbane List Management for 16/17

Started by Ringo, August 30, 2016, 06:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

if i was a Captain of a team and felt like the club didn't want me there think i'd leave so fast

meow meow

May as well give both Rocky and Hanley the chop. Clearly the club is in a bit of trouble at the moment and these two are making it worse. Zorko looks like a fine leader (I said he should be Captain after his first season) and there's plenty of talented youth to work with. 3 years and you'll have one of the best spines in the game. If you can get 3 seasons into some gun picks instead of Hanley and Rocky hanging around then go for it.

Also you're mad if you don't look at Witts. Heard that he's looking to reunite with Rocket at GC though.

strikes91

Only trade Rockliff if we get a suitable deal. No unders for desperation.

strikes91

Little bit worried about Gardiner. There are other offers apparently. Would be a big loss

Ringo

Quote from: strikes91 on October 11, 2016, 06:00:37 PM
Little bit worried about Gardiner. There are other offers apparently. Would be a big loss
I am too. Can not afford tto lose dizzy. Other clubs enquiring but hoping he stays. We will be doing our best to keep him.
Hanley almost certain to go to Suns, Rocky meeting with Fagan in the morning so we will  have a better idea later in the day, Green also still to sign but have not heard of any other clubs interest.

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2016-10-12/fagan-noble-meet-with-rockliff

No a lot to dismiss speculation at all.
“We won’t say any more about what were private discussions."

strikes91

Picture on twitter of rocky at an airport boarding to Adelaide from Melbourne. I'm pretty sure he met with Fagan and Noble in Victoria today. Jumping on the plane to Adelaide seems unrealistic but not out of the question.

BB67th

So we've traded picks 2, 31, 51 & 60 to GWS for picks 3 and 16.

Seems like a lot to give up for 16 and a move down the draft order. Not too sure if this one was the right move...

GoLions

Quote from: BB67th on October 13, 2016, 12:03:35 PM

Seems like a lot to give up for 16 and a move down the draft order. Not too sure if this one was the right move...
I think we weren't going to take McGrath at 2, so in terms of our first pick, we still get who we want. Then 31, 51, 60 for 16 is a win for us imo.

However, I wish we were gonna grab McGrath :P

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on October 13, 2016, 12:22:11 PM

I think we weren't going to take McGrath at 2, so in terms of our first pick, we still get who we want. Then 31, 51, 60 for 16 is a win for us imo.

Two thoughts from me after catching up
1) we force Suns by nominating Bowes at 3. Win/Win for us
2) We take who we were targeting. Suspect Will Brodie as he is bigger bodied and what we need but who knows what names the l;ist management have for 3. Schwab indicated that they have 4 names targeted at 4.
With Allison falling down the order do not mind trading the picks as we should have at least one pick left to cover him.
We will also get imo a pick 14+ from Suns for Hanley. Pick 22 may be a bit low for him so maybe picks they receive for Prestia or O'Meara will do it leaving us with 5 picks in top 25.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ringo on October 13, 2016, 05:05:55 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 13, 2016, 12:22:11 PM

Two thoughts from me after catching up
1) we force Suns by nominating Bowes at 3. Win/Win for us
2) We take who we were targeting. Suspect Will Brodie as he is bigger bodied and what we need but who knows what names the l;ist management have for 3. Schwab indicated that they have 4 names targeted at 4.
With Allison falling down the order do not mind trading the picks as we should have at least one pick left to cover him.
We will also get imo a pick 14+ from Suns for Hanley. Pick 22 may be a bit low for him so maybe picks they receive for Prestia or O'Meara will do it leaving us with 5 picks in top 25.

Don't be surprised if Petrevski-Seton is your top choice @ Pick 3. He's actually eager to move interstate, and will be a much more damaging player in the long run. You got your pig inside midfielder in Matho. No need for Brodie in my opinion.

shaker

Quote from: Ringo on October 12, 2016, 05:00:11 PM

What is the problem with Rockliff is it his behavior , do the players not want him there , is it money , is it length of contract ?

Pkbaldy

Quote from: shaker on October 13, 2016, 05:50:09 PM

What is the problem with Rockliff is it his behavior , do the players not want him there , is it money , is it length of contract ?

Called a young lady a "3/10". And everyone lost their minds. Even though it was one of his close mates, missus. So was harmless banter.

Ringo

A few issues Shaker. Obviously his recent tweet and subsequent apology did not help. Also there a number of speculations pertaining to training attitudes including being over weight.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on October 13, 2016, 05:55:36 PM

A few issues Shaker. Obviously his recent tweet and subsequent apology did not help. Also there a number of speculations pertaining to training attitudes including being over weight.
When he's one of like 3 players that show up each and every week, I think his weight would be one of the last things people should be worrying about