ShadowLions 2016

Started by SilverLion, March 24, 2016, 04:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverLion

Hi there everyone!

Long time reader, first time poster. Was hoping to get feedback on my team. Never been able to rank all that well in SC due to burning trades in the first half of the year (lost both Ablett and Rockliff in Round 1 last year).

Anyways any feedback much appreciated!

Defenders: B. Houli, R. Laird, D. Rich, J. Lonergan, R. Harwood, M. Dea (M. Hartley, M. Adams)

Midfielders: P. Dangerfield, G. Ablett, D. Shiel, T. Rockliff, T. Adams, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, C. Mills (B. Kennedy, C. Menadue, R. Davis)

Rucks: M. Blicavs, M. Gawn (C. Loersch)

Forwards: M. Barlow, A. Hall, J. De Goey, D. Wells, W. Milera, S. Kerridge (L.McCarthy, A. McDonald-Tipungwuti)

Cash Remaining: $3,800.

The main trades I was looking at were:

Rich --> Ruggles/ Other Rookie
Milera --> T.Greene

Which would give roughly 60k in the bank.

Edit: Am now looking at possibly going Z. Smith and Goldy in the ruck instead of Blicavs and Gawn, only need to find 4k extra to do it, would that be worth it?

SilverLion

Any advice at all?

I assume I will have to trade Hartley for M. Brown, given that he wasn't named.

SilverLion

Well this was the side I took into round 1:

With $33,900 left over.

Not disappointed as its the first time I've ever managed to get a score above 2000 in the first round  ;D

Any trade you guys would recommend? Was considering holding off on trades this week and to wait and see how the rookies do this week.

Edit: Forgot to mention, scored 2247. Could've been higher if I didn't loophole Gaz and if I had Adams & Menadue on the field, but I took the safer options.

GoLions

Team looks pretty good man. Give LMac another week, if he goes crap again, maybe look at trading him for Weits or Emac. No Goldy/NicNat/Stef is a big risk in the rucks, gotta hope Gawn and Blicavs go 105+ at the very least! Not starting Pendles and Fyfe has worked out so far haha, what do you think Adams will average though? I like the Shiel pick.

Good start to the year, good luck for the rest of the season! :D

SilverLion

Will be watching LMac closely this week, and will more than likely switch him out for Weits if he bombs.

The Gawn and Blicavs combo was what i ran with for most of the pre-season, worked well in round 1 and can see them getting at least 210 between them each week. The plan is to eventually get Goldy in there, eventually.

Took the punt not having Fyfe and Pendles, and yeah it did work out pretty well this week ;). Despite this I have every intention to get them in at some point though.

Realistically, I can see Adams averaging 100, with the occasionally 120+. If he does that, I'll be satisfied with him. Put him in at $375k last year, and had him all the way through when he finished at $599k, so I know he can go big.

Worst case scenario with him is that he averages 90 and is my worst midfielder come season's end.

Good luck to you as well :D!

SilverLion

2105 this week. Not horrible, but not amazing either.

Good: Houli, Laird, M. Adams, Libba, Ablett, Hall, Kennedy, Wells, Kerridge, Blicavs

Decent: Lonergan, Shiel, T. Adams, B. Crouch, Gawn, Mills

Bad: Barlow, De Goey, Rich, Rockliff, Danger (as Captain).

If Rockliff doesn't get up this week I'll bench him and upgrade him to Fyfe next week. If he does get up, I'll trade him out, put Wells in the mid, put M. Adams in the forward line and bring JJ in for him. I'll hold Rich, if he gets up I'll put him on the ground, if he doesn't I'll bench him for this week.

Trades made this week:

If Rockliff doesn't get up:
Barlow --> Papley
L. McDonald --> Johannisen

If Rockliff gets up:
Barlow --> Papley
Rockliff --> Johannisen (Wells to midfield, M. Adams to forward line.)

With the money I've got in the bank from this weeks' trades, I will be able to do two upgrades next week:

De Goey --> Z. Merrett
Rockliff --> Fyfe

This scenario requires:

• Fyfe to not score more than 150 or so.
  • Z. Merrett to not score more than 110 or so.
  • De Goey to score at least 55.

If Rockliff does get up:
De Goey --> Z.Merrett
L. McDonald --> Fyfe (M. Adams back to backline, Wells back to forward line.)

This scenario requires:

• McDonald to score at least 54.

SilverLion

Quote from: SilverLion on April 04, 2016, 12:07:46 PM
2105 this week. Not horrible, but not amazing either.

Good: Houli, Laird, M. Adams, Libba, Ablett, Hall, Kennedy, Wells, Kerridge, Blicavs

Decent: Lonergan, Shiel, T. Adams, B. Crouch, Gawn, Mills

Bad: Barlow, De Goey, Rich, Rockliff, Danger (as Captain).

If Rockliff doesn't get up this week I'll bench him and upgrade him to Fyfe next week. If he does get up, I'll trade him out, put Wells in the mid, put M. Adams in the forward line and bring JJ in for him. I'll hold Rich, if he gets up I'll put him on the ground, if he doesn't I'll bench him for this week.

Trades made this week:

Barlow --> Papley
L. McDonald --> Johannisen

If Rockliff gets up:
Barlow --> Papley
Rockliff --> Johannisen (Wells to midfield, M. Adams to forward line.)

With the money I've got in the bank from this weeks' trades, I will be able to do two upgrades next week:

De Goey --> Z. Merrett
Rockliff --> Fyfe

This scenario requires:

If Rockliff does get up:
De Goey --> Z.Merrett
L. McDonald --> Fyfe (M. Adams back to backline, Wells back to forward line.)

This scenario requires:

• McDonald to score at least 54.

Ran with this option despite Rocky not playing...

Barlow --> Papley
Rockliff --> Johannisen (Lonergan to Midfield)

As I think McDonald will get his breakeven of 58, and thus go up by some amount, ditto for De Goey with his breakeven of 59.

SilverLion

Round 3 Score: 2,244
Overall Rank: 24,591

Not by any means a good score given some of the massive scores this round, but decent nevertheless.

The Good: Houli, Dea, Danger, Ablett, Blicavs, Gawn, Hall, M. Adams
The Decent: Laird, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Liberatore, Shiel, T. Adams, Lonergan, Wells, De Goey
The Bad: Dangerfield wasn't captain, McCarthy wasn't on the ground, Mills, Johannisen, B. Kennedy, Kerridge, Papley, L. McDonald

Trades this week:
L. McDonald --> Weitering
Gresham --> Fyfe

Had some cash leftover from last week so figured the best way to use it would be to upgrade the non-playing midfielder Gresham to the cheapened Fyfe. L. McDonald to Weitering is pretty obvious, one is on the up, the other wasn't going anywhere. Still have $58,000 left for future trades.

New Lineup:

Def: Houli, Laird, Johannisen, Rich, Weitering, Dea (McDonald-Tipungwuti, M. Brown (Ess))
Mid: Danger, Fyfe, Ablett, Shiel, T. Adams, Liberatore, Lonergan, B. Crouch (Mills, Menadue, Davis)
Ruck: Blicavs, Gawn (Goetz)
Fwd: Hall, De Goey, Wells, B. Kennedy, M. Adams, Kerridge (Papley, McCarthy)

Will be going VC Danger, C Ablett this week.

Thoughts?

SilverLion

Round 4 Score: 1,939
Overall Rank: 33,372

Horrible score this week, due to many players spudding it up.

The Good: Rich, Shiel, Gawn, Hall, Wells
The Decent: Laird, Dea, Parker, Liberatore, T. Adams, Kerridge, M. Adams, De Goey, Weitering, Mills (On Bench)
The Bad: Danger, Ablett as captain, McCarthy was dropped, Papley on the ground, Houli, Blicavs, B. Kennedy, JJ doing a hamstring and set to miss 4 months.

Note, I chose to do B. Crouch --> Parker instead of Gresham for Fyfe last week.

Trades this week:
JJ --> DBJ
Papley --> Fyfe (via DPP)

New Lineup:

Def:
Houli, Laird, Rich, Lonergan, Weitering, Dea (Byrne-Jones, M. Brown (Ess))
Mid: Fyfe, Danger, Ablett, Parker, Shiel, T.Adams, Liberatore, Kerridge (Mills, Davis, Gresham)
Ruck: Gawn, Blicavs (Goetz)
Fwd: Hall, Wells, De Goey, M. Adams, B. Kennedy, McDonald-Tipungwuti (Menadue, McCarthy)

Will be going VC Ablett, C Fyfe this week.

Was wondering if you guys would choose out of Byrne-Jones and Ruggles, as well as to get rid of Gresham or Papley. Any advice is much appreciated :)

Ringo

Trades are sound and DBJ is the one who I would pick of the 2

SilverLion

Round 5 Score: 2,012
Overall Rank: 39,124

Another horrible score this week, Fyfe as Captain certainly didn't help  >:(

The Good: Dangerfield, Parker, T. Adams, Mills, Gawn, Blicavs, Kerridge,
The Decent: Laird, Weitering, Rich, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Shiel, Liberatore, Ablett, Hall, Wells, M. Adams, McCarthy
The Bad: Houli, De Goey on the bench, Byrne-Jones on the bench, B. Kennedy, Lonergan and of course...

Trading in Fyfe this week, making him captain, and him breaking his leg and being set to miss the rest of the year  >:( >:( >:(

Trades this week:

Outs:
Lonergan
Fyfe

Ins...

Not really sure who to bring in this week in all honesty. I wanted to bring in Shaw and Hannerbery, but alas I am about 7k short. Any advice? I have $1,166,500 to spend between the two players.

Names being thrown up currently:
Shaw, Hannerbery, Z.Merrett, S. Mitchell, R. Gray, Goldstein, Fantasia, T. Lee, Viney, Pendlebury, Ward

Ringo

I would go Fyfe to Jelwood if you are wanting him as one of your final mids.  Has bottomed out and price is rising so this is the week to get him.  That then should allow you to go Lonergan to Shaw.

SilverLion

Thanks for the advice Ringo! After many hours of deliberation, the decision came down to two players: Pendlebury and Selwood.

My aim for the final 8 mids come seasons end was originally:
Fyfe, Dangerfield, Ablett, Pendlebury, Priddis/Rockliff/Beams, Shiel, Parker/Hannebery, T. Adams

With Fyfe going down to injury I had the decision to either pick Selwood or Hannebery (or perhaps a Ward/ SMitchell?) for that spot.

The decision between Selwood and Pendlebury for this week (Hannebery excluded due to funds) was not made any easier with both being within 1k of each other, and sharing achievable breakevens...

- Pendlebury: $580,000 (-$47.2k). BE: 105. Average: 107.2. Scores: 89   110   102   104   131
- J. Selwood $579,300 (+$13.8k). BE: 95. Average: 112.2 Scores: 105   70   138   100   144   

In the end, I decided on Pendlebury, and really its only because his scores have been more consistent and that he is discounted from what he was at the start of the year. I'm not confident I want to pick Selwood yet as I'm still undecided on two spots for my midfield come season end, however I'm certain I want Pendlebury in it, barring injury (touch wood) of course.

Side Lineup:

Def: Shaw, Houli, Laird, Rich, Weitering, Byrne-Jones (Dea, M. Brown(Ess))
Mid: Dangerfield, Ablett, Parker, Pendlebury, Shiel, T. Adams, Liberatore, Mills (B. Kennedy, Davis, Gresham)
Ruck: Gawn, Blicavs (Goetz)
Fwd: Hall, De Goey, Wells, M. Adams, Kerridge, McDonald-Tipungwuti (McCarthy, Mendaue)

Trades planned for next week are: B. Kennedy to Petracca, and Menadue to Cox.

Thoughts?

geoffmack

Is Heater ur man no question?? Coz Simmo is $497k and only going up...

SilverLion

@Geoffmack

I intend to get Simmo when he has those one or two off games that he always does. He is averaging more this year than he has for his entire career, I am doubtful that he can keep it up.