Asparagus Team 2016- throw in your 2 cents worth

Started by Asparagus, February 07, 2016, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asparagus

Hi all and thanks for clicking on.
I think I have anywhere from 13 to 15 keepers and am starting with the big set and forget ruck set up...until the inevitable injury of course  ;D
KEEPERS IN BOLD.
Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Back- Rampe, Yeo, Smith, M.Brown, Broad, Collins (S.Collins, Hibberd)

Mids- Pend, GAJ, Rocky, Bont, Hannerberry, Libba, Crouch, Parish (Hopper, Keays, Mathieson)

Ruck- Goldy, NNat (King)

Fwd- Dusty, Barlow, Buddy, Conca, Wells, Kerridge (Petracca, M.Cox)

$2k left

FactHunt

Why have M.Cox in the FWD bench? -get another rook who will make you some $$$
Other rooks will have to look at through NAB too.
Rampe and Bont selections are a bit different to what I'm seeing on this site, but i don't mind it at all  :)
Good luck

Money Shot

Yeah cox is a stupid idea. I'm sure you'll change that when rookies pop up how ever. Conca I'm not sure on and I would love your thoughts.

FactHunt

Don't mind Conca's potential scoring ability in SC...

Turns 24 this year, entering his 6th season. Was taken number 6 in the draft- has great skills.
Negatives are: he is fringe best 22, competing with guys like Lambert and C.Ellis for a regular spot.
Hasn't played more than 18 games in a year at this stage.

I reckon he has the ability to force his way into best 22- time will tell.

Bully

Quote from: FactHunt on February 08, 2016, 11:16:28 AM

Turns 24 this year, entering his 6th season. Was taken number 6 in the draft- has great skills.
Negatives are: he is fringe best 22, competing with guys like Lambert and C.Ellis for a regular spot.

Conca is best 22 when fit, no questions about that. Hardwick rushed him into the finals side, albeit as sub, because he rates him very highly. He has never had a preseason until now (discounting last year which was a write off). By my reckoning he has a floor of 80 a match and could easily push 90 this year.

Big Mac

Quote from: Bully on February 08, 2016, 06:07:17 PM

Conca is best 22 when fit, no questions about that. Hardwick rushed him into the finals side, albeit as sub, because he rates him very highly. He has never had a preseason until now (discounting last year which was a write off). By my reckoning he has a floor of 80 a match and could easily push 90 this year.

I'm guessing you see him getting a fair bit of time in the mids?

Bully

Quote from: Big  Mac on February 08, 2016, 06:19:09 PM
Quote from: Bully on February 08, 2016, 06:07:17 PM

I'm guessing you see him getting a fair bit of time in the mids?

Absolutely, I think we are sorely lacking in the middle, we have Cotchin, Miles, Martin (70%), Deledio (50%), Edwards (50%), Grigg who's a wide receiver, B.Ellis (see Grigg) and then it becomes a raffle between Conca, C. Ellis, Townsend, Moore, McIntosh, Lambert and a few others who occasionally rotate. It's our weakest area by some margin, of those I've listed I think Conca stands the greatest chance of settling in permanently given he's an inside midfielder and has 70 odd games of experience.

Asparagus

Thanks very much for the feedback guys, it all helps.
Conca is my roll of the dice POD. Not everyone will have him and I do believe this will be his year to step up and cement his spot in the middle.

Asparagus

I have made a few changes and seem a little happier now....check it out below.
Keepers in bold.

Back- Simmo, Bartel, Smith, M.Brown, Broad, Mackenzie (Byrne, Hibberd)

Mids- Fyfe, Pend, GAJ, Rocky, Libba, Crouch, Parish, Hopper (Cuningham, Keays, Mathieson)

Ruck- Goldy, S.Martin (King)

Fwd- Dusty, Wingard, Barlow, Buddy, Kerridge, Petracca ( Kommer, Adams)

$22k left

Asparagus

Round 3 score - 2348
Currently ranked 9528th out of 210k.
28 trades left.
$172,700 in bank.

Backs- Laird, JJ, Adams, Sheridan, Rich, Dea (Tippa, MBrown)

Mids- Danger, Gaz, Tmitch, Selwood, Libba, Lonergan, Bennedy, Mills (Davis, Dunkley, Crouch)

Rucks- Goldy, Gawn (Galloway)

Fwds- Hall, Barlow, Mitch Robinson, Well, Kerridge, Papley (McCarthy, Menadue)

Thinking of holding this week only because I have an easier league opponent.

Could trade out Couch for a rookie but not sure who to...

Happy to hold Lonergan, Sheridan, Rich and Barlow a little longer as they won't lose heaps of cash and I get the feeling this year more than most trades will be far and few between come finals time.

Comments welcomed as always.

Asparagus

Currently ranked 9528th out of 210k.
26 trades left.
$37,600 in bank.

Backs- Laird, JJ, Adams, Sheridan, Rich, Dea (Hartley, MBrown)

Mids- Danger, Gaz, Tmitch, Selwood, Libba, Lonergan, Dalhaus, Bennedy (Davis, Dunkley, Menadue)

Fwds- Hall, Barlow, Mitch Robinson, Wells, Kerridge, Papley (McCarthy, Tippa)

Traded out Crouch for Hartley via DPP
Also did Mills out for Dalhaus via DPP

Comments welcomed as always.

Asparagus

Currently ranked 10,782 out of 210k.
Scored 2017.
26 trades left.
$37,600 in bank.

Backs- Laird, JJ, Adams, Sheridan, Rich, Dea (Hartley, MBrown)

Mids- Danger, Gaz, Tmitch, Selwood, Libba, Lonergan, Dalhaus, Bennedy (Davis, Dunkley, Menadue)

Fwds- Hall, Barlow, Mitch Robinson, Wells, Kerridge, Papley (McCarthy, Tippa)

My biggest issues are in red.

Thinking Pap to DBJ and JJ to Rance....at this early stage.

All advice welcomed!  :D

Ringo

A little left field for you but just wondering if after Pap to DBJ is it worth going JJ to a prem mid fielder moving Lonergan back to defence. Think if I did the sums right you can afford any midfielder up to about $595k Will give you 5 prem mids which a lot of teams have at the moment. And then deal with Lonergan next week.

JJ to Rance is ok as well Your choice.

Asparagus

Currently ranked 10,890.
Scored 2103.
23 trades left.
$118,800 in bank.

Backs- Laird, Adams, Sheridan, Rich, Tippa, DBJ (Hartley, Dea)

Mids- Danger, Gaz, Titch, Selwood, Libba, Pendles, Kerridge, Bennedy (Davis, Dunkley, Menadue)

Fwds- Hall, Barlow, MRobinson, Wells, Dahl, Papley (McCarthy, MBrown)

I am going for a league win and have used probably 2 more trades than I would have liked, but in saying that I have won 3 out of 4 games.

Thinking Dea and Sheridan are my priorities to move out.
Would like to trade down to Smith which means I will have $637k to spend on a prem but which prem?

Backs - Shaw, Simmo
Mids- Parker, Rocky
Fwds- Zorko, Buddy

Any suggestions appreciated...

Samm79

Quote from: Asparagus on May 02, 2016, 11:25:45 AM
Currently ranked 10,890.
Scored 2103.
23 trades left.
$118,800 in bank.

Backs- Laird, Adams, Sheridan, Rich, Tippa, DBJ (Hartley, Dea)

Mids- Danger, Gaz, Titch, Selwood, Libba, Pendles, Kerridge, Bennedy (Davis, Dunkley, Menadue)

Fwds- Hall, Barlow, MRobinson, Wells, Dahl, Papley (McCarthy, MBrown)

I am going for a league win and have used probably 2 more trades than I would have liked, but in saying that I have won 3 out of 4 games.

Thinking Dea and Sheridan are my priorities to move out.
Would like to trade down to Smith which means I will have $637k to spend on a prem but which prem?

Backs - Shaw, Simmo
Mids- Parker, Rocky
Fwds- Zorko, Buddy

Any suggestions appreciated...

Who are you letting go for Smith mate?