NickyBoy's 2016 Diary.

Started by NickyBoy, January 31, 2016, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickyBoy

fanTCfool

Another with O'Meara, so I'll ask again, what is the back up plan if he is not fit for Round 1?
Sidebum is interesting but don't mind him as a POD.
Probably wouldn't have Mills and Simpkin, leaves too much money on your bench, which could be used to upgrade Wines/Smith/Barlow to a Pendles/Boyd/Lids if that catches your fancy.

Money Shot

At first glance the midfield looks too expensive but when you look closer it is actually really good and you haven't had too weaken any other lines too much.
Great side mate well done.

Jaeger may be injured still at round 1 and I think you should try and find the coin too turn him into Libba.

Mills and Macaffer on the bench is a bit expensive so I personally would downgrade one of them.

NickyBoy

Quote from: fanTCfool on January 31, 2016, 02:03:59 PM
Another with O'Meara, so I'll ask again, what is the back up plan if he is not fit for Round 1?
Sidebum is interesting but don't mind him as a POD.
Probably wouldn't have Mills and Simpkin, leaves too much money on your bench, which could be used to upgrade Wines/Smith/Barlow to a Pendles/Boyd/Lids if that catches your fancy.

Simple, downgrade to a rookie or upgrade to Libba.
Quote from: Money Shot on January 31, 2016, 02:05:22 PM
At first glance the midfield looks too expensive but when you look closer it is actually really good and you haven't had too weaken any other lines too much.
Great side mate well done.

Jaeger may be injured still at round 1 and I think you should try and find the coin too turn him into Libba.

Mills and Macaffer on the bench is a bit expensive so I personally would downgrade one of them.
Thanks mate! Will definitely consider Libba.

Ringo

Different Structure here and could work - Risk V Reward,

Risk 3 fwd and defender rookies/low priced players required each week.  Reward: Extra points gained with 5 prem mids. 

Rookies obviously will be sorted after NAB cup.  Cannnot see Watts playing Rd 1 and Hammelman on our Rookie list so need to look at other defender rookie options. 

If looking VC Loophole with Wyatt would consider Kings Melbourne due to the number of late games Dees play.

Solis team just need to nail some lower priced rookies.

NickyBoy

Quote from: Ringo on January 31, 2016, 06:50:53 PM
Different Structure here and could work - Risk V Reward,

Risk 3 fwd and defender rookies/low priced players required each week.  Reward: Extra points gained with 5 prem mids. 

Rookies obviously will be sorted after NAB cup.  Cannnot see Watts playing Rd 1 and Hammelman on our Rookie list so need to look at other defender rookie options. 

If looking VC Loophole with Wyatt would consider Kings Melbourne due to the number of late games Dees play.

Solis team just need to nail some lower priced rookies.
Thanks mate! It all relies on having that many rookies starting R1. I may have to add another defender or forward instead of a rookie.
To spare some cash I could downgrade mills and Macaffer or i could look at downgrading NicNat. Lobbe or Luey worth looking at?
Also, looking at another defender, who would you pick out of: Yeo, Docherty, Laird or Simmo?

Ringo

Laird, Simmo, Yeo and Docherty in that order.  Although keep a watch on Dochertys role in NAB cup and if he is rotating through mids and running of HB then he could be the value pick.

RobsOverAchieverss

Shaw in my opinion is over-priced, he will drop then I will get him. But that aside good team but I think there is a few ??? over some round 1 selections there. 

NickyBoy

I have a backup team in place and I quite like it. Downgraded midfield rookies, shaw and Martin to fit in Simpson. There's too much risk in the first team with the amount of rookies i've chosen for both FWD and DEF. I doubt ill be able to get that many rookies starting R1 especially if last season was any indicator. The defense rookies were non existent  :-\

RobsOverAchieverss

Vojo rainbow would struggle to get a game wouldnt he?

NickyBoy

Quote from: RobsOverAchieverss on February 01, 2016, 01:41:50 PM
Vojo rainbow would struggle to get a game wouldnt he?
Going to worry about rookies when nab starts.

NickyBoy

I have 115k left and don't know what to do with it. I'm thinking of upgrading Wines but not sure for who.

fasttrack13

You could get by with that defence... But I'd use that 115k for a Seedsman Harwood Aish...
Adds a 50/50 keeper even if it doesn't work out they make 100k...

NickyBoy

Quote from: fasttrack13 on February 04, 2016, 10:12:29 AM
You could get by with that defence... But I'd use that 115k for a Seedsman Harwood Aish...
Adds a 50/50 keeper even if it doesn't work out they make 100k...
Thanks, went with downgrading beams to Ward and then upgrading Rainbow to Mackenzie. I have just enough for Aish but not sure about his JS.

Ringo

I would also be keeping some of that cash to use for rookie adjustments,  May need extra to adjust to playying rookies as you want rookies from rd 1 in most cases.