fanTCfool's 2016 SC Rollercoaster

Started by fanTCfool, January 03, 2016, 04:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

Here's the updated squad, thoughts?

Team Name: PumpedUpCripps

Def: H. Shaw, J. Bartel, B. Smith, R. Harwood, M. Adams, R. Bonner (M. Brown, M. Hibberd)

Mid: G. Ablett, J. Kennedy, R. Sloane, T. Rockliff, POD, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, J. Trengove (J. Long, D. Cuningham, B. Keays)

Ruck: T. Goldstein, S. Martin (M. King)

Fwd: D. Martin, L. Dahlhaus, K. Tippett, J. Simpkin, S. Kerridge, C. Petracca (H. Balic, W. Buzza)

Dollars: $900

Hawker_08

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 01, 2016, 06:27:08 PM

Def: H. Shaw, J. Bartel, B. Smith, R. Harwood, M. Adams, R. Bonner (M. Brown, M. Hibberd)

Mid: G. Ablett, J. Kennedy, R. Sloane, T. Rockliff, POD, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, J. Trengove (J. Long, D. Cuningham, B. Keays)

Fwd: D. Martin, L. Dahlhaus, K. Tippett, J. Simpkin, S. Kerridge, C. Petracca (H. Balic, W. Buzza)

Love it. No more to say

fanTCfool

Quote from: Hawker_08 on February 01, 2016, 06:34:55 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on February 01, 2016, 06:27:08 PM

Love it. No more to say

Thanks mate! No better confidence booster  ;D

GoLions

Aussie squad got the 'Mitch' formula right, with Johnson/Starc/Marsh

I think you've gone one too many

fanTCfool

Quote from: GoLions on February 01, 2016, 08:52:47 PM

You've got me here, could you clear this one up for me?  ???

Bully

Just curious to know why people are scrambling to get Simpkin? He has a highest average of 68 and has never played a full season. Granted Essendon are desperate but surely someone like Wells is better value?

fanTCfool

Quote from: Bully on February 01, 2016, 09:49:02 PM
Just curious to know why people are scrambling to get Simpkin? He has a highest average of 68 and has never played a full season. Granted Essendon are desperate but surely someone like Wells is better value?

Personally, I feel like Simpkin had been derived of opportunity, and has the chance now to string together an entire season.
Also, I am just guessing here, but would assume that in his previous season averages of 68 and 59, a fair few of those games would be sub affected.

Bully

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 01, 2016, 09:54:14 PM

Personally, I feel like Simpkin had been derived of opportunity, and has the chance now to string together an entire season.
Also, I am just guessing here, but would assume that in his previous season averages of 68 and 59, a fair few of those games would be sub affected.

Just think there's a fair bit of speculation and if in the mid price market I would be looking at guys who have scored a 90 average on more the one occasion or have strong record of high scoring perhaps with a high standard deviation for quick money generation. In 38 games Simpkin has only one ton to his name, this effectively means he will struggle to make quick dosh and then there's the Essendon being flogged factor.   

fanTCfool

Quote from: Bully on February 01, 2016, 10:13:22 PM
Quote from: fanTCfool on February 01, 2016, 09:54:14 PM

Just think there's a fair bit of speculation and if in the mid price market I would be looking at guys who have scored a 90 average on more the one occasion or have strong record of high scoring perhaps with a high standard deviation for quick money generation. In 38 games Simpkin has only one ton to his name, this effectively means he will struggle to make quick dosh and then there's the Essendon being flogged factor.

Well, in the end it is gonna come down to watching and reviewing the NAB cup, a big score or two there will lock him in for me.
Not too concerned about the inevitable Essendon floggings, someone MUST get the ball eventually, and he would be right up there.
Regardless of who I pick, Wells/Simpkin/Rookie(s) I am pleased to have the capability of picking any of them whilst not changing the remainder of my team, which I am pretty happy with.

GoLions

Averaged like 88 in 2014 unsubbed
And I think 87 in 2013 unsubbed

GoLions

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 01, 2016, 09:39:31 PM

Just wondering who your POD is

fanTCfool

Quote from: GoLions on February 01, 2016, 11:06:19 PM

If you add up each player's value + spare change you can find out exactly who he is  ;)

GoLions

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 01, 2016, 11:10:27 PM

If you add up each player's value + spare change you can find out exactly who he is  ;)
That's why I assumed it was another Mitch :P

TomK

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 01, 2016, 11:10:27 PM

Was bored so I decided to do this, I like it!

Bully

Quote from: GoLions on February 01, 2016, 11:05:05 PM
Averaged like 88 in 2014 unsubbed
And I think 87 in 2013 unsubbed

You sure about those stats? From what I can see he has only gone over 90 three times in his career. In any case I'll reserve judgement until after the NAB Cup, it would take a lot to sway me away from Wells however.