RaisyDaisy's 2016 Team Thread

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 16, 2015, 12:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Welcome to the dark side RD 8)

Loading up with rookies in defence is the way to go ;)

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on January 25, 2016, 11:17:29 AM
Welcome to the dark side RD 8)

Loading up with rookies in defence is the way to go ;)

Haha, well I did it last year and it worked out well for me, so if I can do it again this year I will :)

RaisyDaisy

Been quite a while since I have updated things here, but with the season about to start I am more or less done with my team and very happy with it

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Bartel, Dea, Brown, Hartley (Broad, Adams)

MID: Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Rocky, Libba, Crouch, Gresham (Petracca, Mathieson, Davis)

RUC: Goldy, NicNat (Grimley)

FWD: Martin, Barlow, Wells, Bennedy, Menadue, Kerridge (McCarthy, McDonald-Tippa)

$72,600 remaining

Not interested in rolling the dice on any of the defensive mid price options like most. Going with 3 prem's gives me the stability to then go with 3 rookies on field

Petracca is my floating donut that also opens up DPP so if I don't want to field Gresham for example I can swing in Menadue/Kerridge etc and bring McCarthy or Tippa on etc

Having MID/FWD DPP as well as Adams/Brown down back linking up with Tippa in the forward lines gives me added flexibility

The extra cash in the kitty will be used to either get an expensive rookie if the ones I have don't play. I could also upgrade Dea to Weits/EMack or even Bartel to Rance if he looks a little uncertain entering rd1. Dusty to Deledio also an option

Feel like overall I am very happy with this team and approach I have taken. Libba, Crouch and Wells have the runs on the board to justify picking them, but all the other mid price options don't which is why I prefer to avoid them all and go GnR instead

fanTCfool

Now Tippa is FWD  ::)

Is that B. Crouch?
Looks pretty good otherwise, not sure about Dea but you have provided alternatives.
Not considering Mills over Gresham?

sammy123

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 13, 2016, 03:18:51 PM
Been quite a while since I have updated things here, but with the season about to start I am more or less done with my team and very happy with it

MID: Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Rocky, Libba, Crouch, Gresham (Petracca, Mathieson, Davis)

FWD: Martin, Barlow, Wells, Bennedy, Menadue, Kerridge (McCarthy, McDonald-Tippa)

$72,600 remaining

Not interested in rolling the dice on any of the defensive mid price options like most. Going with 3 prem's gives me the stability to then go with 3 rookies on field

Petracca is my floating donut that also opens up DPP so if I don't want to field Gresham for example I can swing in Menadue/Kerridge etc and bring McCarthy or Tippa on etc

Having MID/FWD DPP as well as Adams/Brown down back linking up with Tippa in the forward lines gives me added flexibility

The extra cash in the kitty will be used to either get an expensive rookie if the ones I have don't play. I could also upgrade Dea to Weits/EMack or even Bartel to Rance if he looks a little uncertain entering rd1. Dusty to Deledio also an option

Feel like overall I am very happy with this team and approach I have taken. Libba, Crouch and Wells have the runs on the board to justify picking them, but all the other mid price options don't which is why I prefer to avoid them all and go GnR instead

love the team RD. not a fan of mill's price? understandable. love the laird pick too

RaisyDaisy

Alright, so it doesn't look like Mathieson is a good chance to line up rd1 after being injured today and there are no other cheap mid rookies that look likely to play, so I'm moving Menadue from the forward line to the mids

I'm not interested in Kommer or any of the other cheap forward rookies I don't already have so Milera gets the gig. Based on what he has shown, 60+ most weeks seems likely and he is the best available rookie left I can afford. Would have liked to bring in EMack to sure up things down back, but am not prepared to downgrade Heater to secure the funds required

Mitch Brown isn't looking like he will be a great scorer, but with Broad, Adams and Tippa as alternative starting options it should be fine

Mathieson OUT
Milera IN

MID: Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Rocky, Libba, Crouch, Gresham (Menadue, Petracca, Davis)

FWD: Martin, Barlow, Wells, Bennedy, Milera, Kerridge (McCarthy, McDonald-Tippa)

$14,100 remaining

Bully

Very similar to my own side, still deciding on whether to play Petracca as the loophole or pay extra for Oliver. The aspect that has me really thinking is his score was from only 68% TOG, could be a nice money maker. Anyhow, our defence is similar, I have picked Rich in place of Shaw, this has allowed me to pick Mills & Oliver.

Colley Dogs

A well thought out team. I can see you being competitive in the overall comp with this set-up.

Personally, I think you need to take stab on a mid-pricer in defence, and a low-priced premium at F3. I understand your reasons for not wanting to do so, but think about this way: you're paying a premium price for Laird... imagine if you can find this year's Laird at D4? I'd also recommend upgrading McCarthy to a $400K+ keeper. If you do that, I can see this team truly flying. The cash you can get from downgrading one of Pendles, Ablett, or Rockliff to Mills. It's a lovely midfield, but you're denying yourself a lot of money by overloading it. I see this structure being fruitful in the short term, but perhaps costing you in the later rounds.

That's my two cents worth, but then I'm only a bootstudder :)

Would much appreciated it if rated my NAB 3 reflex team  :-\:

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php?topic=105523.msg1726271#msg1726271

cortez

I'm liking the look of your team there RD.
Very sick.ular back line to mine.
I'm not sure on the Petracca pick though. He'll make his debut very early I think they said round 3-4 he'll be right to go. But there is always one that will get dropped after round one. I'd be going without the loophole for the first round and get the extra early cash but that is just me.
Loving the rucks and forward line is also very nice as its a good way to go with the cheap options. Only puck I don't like is Milera. I can't see him scoring well and at a high rookie price I'd be saying no.
Great structure though. Looking good

Ringo

Looking good RD. Structure solid.  Like you think Shaw is the only real must in defence. As an Eagles man thought you may have had an eagle as D3.

Just need to nail the rookies and you will be away.

RaisyDaisy

Thanks for all the comments guys

@Sonny - I'm quite adamant on starting the big 4 prem mids. I know I can save cash by downgrading and using those funds elsewhere, but I prefer to have their points from the get go and not worry about the hassle of trying to get them in later.

I've gone with Laird (And Shaw and Bartel) because he rarely ever goes below 80, and that's what I want from my prem defenders. I know I could go with a cheaper option like Rich or Hurn etc, or even someone in the 300-400k range, but I just don't see the point. With Wells, Bennedy and Kerridge all being best 22 I don't think I need to upgrade McCarthy into a prem forward, and although I must admit Mills looks very good (and there is a still a chance I bring him in pending available rookies come rd1) I just don't like outlaying that much on a first year player. Milera is on the high end $$ wise, but I prefer him over all the other options and he has shown that 70+ is not out of the question

@cortez - Petracca is locked into my side. With such a limited amount of cheap mid rookies available it's a no brainer to go with him for Loophole purposes and DPP instead of wasting R3 on King all year. Once Petracca comes in I am sure at least one rookie I have will be dropped and can be used for Loopholing

@Ringo - Hurn, Yeo and Gov are all options, but I think all 3 will be inconsistent in terms of SC output, which is why I have the much more consistent Shaw, Laird and Bartel for now

AaronKirk

Mills averaged 89 in the 3 NAB games. Milera averaged 71. The extra spend is worth it if you can find the coin to do so.

Apart from that I cannot fault the side mate.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: AaronKirk on March 14, 2016, 11:00:04 AM
Mills averaged 89 in the 3 NAB games. Milera averaged 71. The extra spend is worth it if you can find the coin to do so.

Apart from that I cannot fault the side mate.

Yeah no doubt Mills is a better pick than Milera, but I'm about 20k short so I'd need to make a downgrade somewhere to get the cash, and not really sure who and where I want to do that..

Shaw to Rance/Houli gives me a nice little nest egg, but I really want to have Heater from the get go. Happy to hear suggestions

If Marcon lines up rd1 and Davis does too, then possibly McCarthy to Marcon could work

DaveElNacho

Really like the setup RD and it's honestly only 1 premo different to mine at the moment  ???
The only other difference is you have Crouch... which has me thinking, because this has allowed me to spend on more expensive rookies. Not sure what's better value. I suppose round 1 rookies will affect this decision.

RaisyDaisy

As a hypothetical, let's say I need to free up a little cash to get Mills, or make rookie adjustments because the guy or guys I've got don't line up Rd1.

What move would be my best to grab that cash?

Heater to Rance?
Laird/Bartel to?
Pendles to Shiel?
Dusty to?

Milera can go if possible but I'd expect he is who I upgrade to Mills once I've made the downgrade elsewhere

If it gets to that stage which it could, ill need to make a downgrade so might as well get plan b in place