Main Menu

2012 Captain locked in

Started by Cruiseon, November 21, 2011, 05:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legs

Maxwell was a great captain in 2010. His only downfall in 2011 is he didn't get enough game time and consistency due to injury. I do feel it's time for someone else to take the reigns, not sure if it should be Pendles though.

Hi BTW, this is my first post.

Ziplock

ossie85

Quote from: Legs on December 09, 2011, 05:47:34 PM
Maxwell was a great captain in 2010. His only downfall in 2011 is he didn't get enough game time and consistency due to injury. I do feel it's time for someone else to take the reigns, not sure if it should be Pendles though.

Welcome Legs!

If not Pendles, I'd back Harry O. But Pendles for me

DT Gun

Maxwell in general - not in collingwoods starting 18

When i play footy, if i see my captain start dominating it lifts the team. A captain not only talks, but leads by example in 1%ers, tackling and hard ball gets. I think seeing my captain do that would encourage and lead me more than what anyone could say

ossie85

Not knowing your football ability DT Gun, but I guess your football club is grass-roots.

My impression from the professional clubs is that Captaincy is also about the day-to-day running. All the feedback I hear is that Maxwell's off-ground leadership is outstanding, sets a great example and mentors well.

Not to mention that the last 3 Premiership captains - Cameron Ling, Tom Harley and Nick Maxwell - none of them are superstars. All are All-Australians (once each) but none are playing legends. All great captains.

DT Gun

Cameron Ling is the best tagger in the game.
Tom Harley was top 3 lock down defenders in the game..
Maxwell is a... Is he a HFF who tags, of a floater in defence... Hmm hes not good at either.. so Oh hes a good captain thats good enough for me!!

Cicjose

he does his job so that should be good enough for you

if its good enough for Collingwood

bomberboy0618

Quote from: ossie85 on December 09, 2011, 08:08:16 PM

Not knowing your football ability DT Gun, but I guess your football club is grass-roots.

My impression from the professional clubs is that Captaincy is also about the day-to-day running. All the feedback I hear is that Maxwell's off-ground leadership is outstanding, sets a great example and mentors well.

Not to mention that the last 3 Premiership captains - Cameron Ling, Tom Harley and Nick Maxwell - none of them are superstars. All are All-Australians (once each) but none are playing legends. All great captains.
Sam Mitchell is a gun though. Just not a good captain from what I hear.

DT Gun

Hodge has to be captain, Hard nut does 1%ers and is a leader vocally

Legs

Quote from: ossie85 on December 09, 2011, 06:15:24 PM
Quote from: Legs on December 09, 2011, 05:47:34 PM

Welcome Legs!

If not Pendles, I'd back Harry O. But Pendles for me

Thanks for the welcome :) And I would love to see Harry as Captain but still think he has a few more years to mature.