Main Menu

2012 Captain locked in

Started by Cruiseon, November 21, 2011, 05:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/we-lost-tactical-edge-nathan-buckley/story-e6frg7mf-1226201417080

Other than the obvious gameplan discussion also interesting about the potential upside in Jolly beacuse we very much need it.

Cambo

Not taking anything away from Nick (great leader), but I would give the Captaincy to Pendles (in a hope of giving him more reason to stay a Pie in 2013)  :o 8)

Voldemort

Quote from: Cambo on November 22, 2011, 09:18:29 PM
Not taking anything away from Nick (great leader), but I would give the Captaincy to Pendles (in a hope of giving him more reason to stay a Pie in 2013)  :o 8)

agreed, even though I'm not a Pies' supporter. Pendles just has this air of control that Maxwell doesn't

elephants

Yeah add to that the fact that Pendles to a 6 million times better player that maxwell.

Ziplock

captaincy isn't necessarily who is the best player LE :P

elephants

True, but Maxwell just comes across as being the spudiest spud out and Pendles carries a natural air of confidence. Eddie showed us all how important pendles is to the pies so make him captain dammit!

ossie85

I do believe Pendles will be Captain sooner rather than later, but disagree with any suggestion that Maxwell is doing nothing but an outstanding job....

Cruiseon

I think after such an interrupted year in 2011, Maxwell will once again be a very good and rightful Captain.

Perhaps the Captaincy is also something to be held back for the negotiations with Pendles at the end of next year, might just be another seemless leadership transition down at Collingwood. ;)

Ziplock

or, Pendles will come join the giants and get captainship there.

lucky pendles, gets to be captain either way :P

ossie85

Yeah but Pendles could join a long line of legendary captains including Coventry, Collier, Rose, Richards, Brown and Buckley....

Where at GWS he could join the likes of .... Jonathan Giles?

PowerBug

Maxwell as a player: Fringe player.
Maxwell as a captain: The best at Collingwood by a fair bit.

Voldemort

Quote from: ossie85 on November 23, 2011, 03:35:44 PM

Yeah but Pendles could join a long line of legendary captains including Coventry, Collier, Rose, Richards, Brown and Buckley....

Where at GWS he could join the likes of .... Jonathan Giles?

Is it Giles? Thought it would be Scully or someone along those lines

ossie85

It was Giles in the preseason comp last year, as far as I'm aware haven't made a decision for 2012

Ziplock

They'll probably have co-captains between scully and one of the older players like cornes/power

then give it to pendles next year ;)

elephants

Quote from: PowerBug on November 23, 2011, 05:14:39 PM
Maxwell as a player: Fringe player.
Maxwell as a captain: The best at Collingwood by a fair bit.
Yep this is what I was trying to say while sounding mentally disabled.