Movies: Warning - May contain spoilers

Started by Noz, January 14, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: BB67th on January 16, 2014, 03:20:17 PM
Quote from: GoLions16 on January 15, 2014, 11:32:06 PM
Quote from: vinny on January 15, 2014, 10:59:44 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 15, 2014, 10:33:32 PM
Just finished watching the secret life of Walter Mitty and thought it was average to be honest  :-X

I have to agree, it's nothing special for me.

Wolf of Wall Street on the other hand was siccccckkkk!
Yeah saw Secret Life of Walter Mitty last night and didn't think it was that great. Was going to see American Hustle but stupid cinemas had water damage and it got cancelled  :-\
I saw it yesterday and I thought it was quite good. The cinematography was stunning.

I just like Ben Stiller the funny guy.
Just thought the story line was a flop to, made no sense to me why it was such a big deal worth traveling around the world for the sake of one photo.
Also found the "zone outs" he had annoying sometimes. Kept wondering what was real and what was his imagination.

BB67th

Quote from: quinny88 on January 16, 2014, 08:14:37 PM
Quote from: BB67th on January 16, 2014, 03:20:17 PM
Quote from: GoLions16 on January 15, 2014, 11:32:06 PM
Quote from: vinny on January 15, 2014, 10:59:44 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 15, 2014, 10:33:32 PM
Just finished watching the secret life of Walter Mitty and thought it was average to be honest  :-X

I have to agree, it's nothing special for me.

Wolf of Wall Street on the other hand was siccccckkkk!
Yeah saw Secret Life of Walter Mitty last night and didn't think it was that great. Was going to see American Hustle but stupid cinemas had water damage and it got cancelled  :-\
I saw it yesterday and I thought it was quite good. The cinematography was stunning.

I just like Ben Stiller the funny guy.
Just thought the story line was a flop to, made no sense to me why it was such a big deal worth traveling around the world for the sake of one photo.
Also found the "zone outs" he had annoying sometimes. Kept wondering what was real and what was his imagination.
I feel that was the whole idea of it, it was his pointless journey that changed a mundane life by doing what he wanted to do. I thought Stiller played the role quite well and it wasn't a bad foray into drama for him.

Vinny

He played the role well but I agree with what Quinny said. A couple of the zoning outs dragged on for too long and seemed like the movie was just for nothing that whole plot.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Jukes on January 16, 2014, 01:44:36 AM
9. Kick Ass Series

what did you think of number 2?

so many cringe worthy moments in #2 for mine. almost painful to watch.

absolutely loved the first one... second doesn't do it justice imo

Jukes

Quote from: brad on January 16, 2014, 08:21:50 PM
9. Kick Ass Series

2 is good but definitely worse than #1 in many ways...Chloe makes it great tho <3

Hopefully 3 can be as good as 1.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Jukes on January 16, 2014, 09:08:07 PM
Quote from: brad on January 16, 2014, 08:21:50 PM
9. Kick Ass Series

2 is good but definitely worse than #1 in many ways...Chloe makes it great tho <3

Hopefully 3 can be as good as 1.

one of the worst things about 2 is they turn Chloe into a school girl... the flowers that about. was good when she was Hit Girl though 8)

Master Q

I watched Kick Ass 2 when I was bored, not expecting it to be any good but it was definitely enjoyable. The first one was great though.

Still putting together my top 5/10 list but without a doubt Anchorman is my No.1. The second one was amazing as well just not sure where it ranks with me.

Vinny

Just watched Rush, good movie. Watch it for sure.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: vinny on January 17, 2014, 12:01:43 PM
Just watched Rush, good movie. Watch it for sure.

just reminded me of a movie called Premium Rush. thought that was a pretty wicked movie. was a good ride so to speak ;D

BoredSaint

watched wolf of wall street. it was not a bad movie but everything was like super over exaggerated and they dragged it soooooooooo long to make it 3 hours.

Nige

Will be seeing Hunger Games: Catching Fire on Monday with Dave (GoLions) and Bunny (HP).

Looking forward to it.  :)

Noz

Seeing Wolf of Wall street next saturday night honestly can't wait. Leo favourite actor by far.

Vinny

Quote from: Noz on January 18, 2014, 06:03:05 PM
Seeing Wolf of Wall street next saturday night honestly can't wait. Leo favourite actor by far.
It is awesome.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: vinny on January 18, 2014, 06:08:22 PM
Quote from: Noz on January 18, 2014, 06:03:05 PM
It is awesome.

kilbluff1985

Enders game - i thought was really good for a sci fi give it 8/10

Inside Llewyn Davis - i thought was pretty boring