AXV: TRADE DISCUSSION (2015/16)

Started by BB67th, August 19, 2015, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Ahhh yes it's the typical trade just posted. The bottom club parts with one of their best players and in return gets potential scoring.

Rids

Quote from: PowerBug on September 30, 2015, 09:54:40 PM
Ahhh yes it's the typical trade just posted. The bottom club parts with one of their best players and in return gets potential scoring.

Vardy averaged 103, Carlisle 90 and Menzel 80. I would argue that potential is actual.

nostradamus

Curious comment there........we didn't even make the top 8

JBs-Hawks

Thoughts pick 17 was a bit of a stretch but not the worst trade going around.

PowerBug

Quote from: nostradamus on September 30, 2015, 10:01:37 PM

Curious comment there........we didn't even make the top 8
Oh yeah that's fine, at least it wasn't to a top 8 club like the others. :)

Quote from: Rids on September 30, 2015, 09:56:09 PM
Vardy averaged 103, Carlisle 90 and Menzel 80. I would argue that potential is actual.
Carlisle was alright. Menzel played two games... Vardy played 3... It's potential, it's not actual.

Memphistopheles

Travis Varcoe is on the table for anyone searching for some forward depth (he should be a mid/fwd next year I think).

Looking for a defender, midfielder or a decent pick for him. Or even maybe a ruck - anything but a forward really :P

PowerBug

I pulled out of talks with nas over Giles, Belly, McKernan because it was obvious that Essendon were not going to go into 2016 with those three as the only options.

http://t.co/NzBC4rVdY3

Sorry nrich,I reckon you've just been shafted there.

nrich102

Quote from: PowerBug on October 05, 2015, 03:17:35 PM
I pulled out of talks with nas over Giles, Belly, McKernan because it was obvious that Essendon were not going to go into 2016 with those three as the only options.

Yeah, I know they're going after Leuy/Smith, but I can always just get them as well :P Maybe I was overpaying, but it's better than playing a player out of position.

JBs-Hawks

I thought nrich was the one coming out on top easily haha.

nas

Quote from: nrich102 on October 05, 2015, 04:00:56 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 05, 2015, 03:17:35 PM

Yeah, I know they're going after Leuy/Smith, but I can always just get them as well :P Maybe I was overpaying, but it's better than playing a player out of position.

My first contact re the offer for this trade was on the 30th September & this came out on the 4th Oct. Not my intension to shaft nrich in any way. Actual fact is he gains as of current status 2 of R/F.

nrich102

I don't think I was shafted either. It's a risk going for these guys when the club is chasing a better ruckman, but my other ruckmen are Jamar and Hale, so I need a bit of depth there. I think it should come out quite even.

Adamant

PowerBug

Oh, nah the trade itself is fine, nrich is not giving much away. I just don't think you are going to get a guaranteed ruck from those 3 every week like you said in your reasoning.

Should've worded what I said differently sorry.

nrich102

Quote from: PowerBug on October 05, 2015, 04:40:35 PM
Oh, nah the trade itself is fine, nrich is not giving much away. I just don't think you are going to get a guaranteed ruck from those 3 every week like you said in your reasoning.

All good mate. I reckon that even if Leuy/Smith comes one of McKernan or Belly will play down forward with a pinch hit. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

nas

Quote from: PowerBug on October 05, 2015, 04:40:35 PM

All Good.