AXV: TRADE DISCUSSION (2015/16)

Started by BB67th, August 19, 2015, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Quote from: Rids on September 25, 2015, 07:01:26 AM
Unfortunately the precedent has been set. No one should be blaming JB for going out and doing what has been considered acceptable previously. JB has given quality kids in this trade with huge futures. On the flip side there are a couple of older guys that have 1 year left.

I am not a fan of it at all as it makes the comp less competitive when 1 team lands so many. But these trades have passed continually in the past so it is what it is.
I don't have a problem with the trade, but I do have a problem with the fact it is JB doing it. JB was completely off his nut last year and still is now about the trade I did last year, so really if my trade really was that bad that we may as well end the world, why the flower is he ripping someone else off so much.

flowering double standards.

Rids

Quote from: nrich102 on September 25, 2015, 07:51:30 AM
Unfortunately the precedent has been set. No one should be blaming JB for going out and doing what has been considered acceptable previously. JB has given quality kids in this trade with huge futures. On the flip side there are a couple of older guys that have 1 year left.

I am not a fan of it at all as it makes the comp less competitive when 1 team lands so many. But these trades have passed continually in the past so it is what it is.
I don't have a problem with the trade, but I do have a problem with the fact it is JB doing it. JB was completely off his nut last year and still is now about the trade I did last year, so really if my trade really was that bad that we may as well end the world, why the flower is he ripping someone else off so much.

Why shouldnt JB do it? He spoke up against this happening and every time the trade was passed. He is only doing what is now allowed.

nrich102

Quote from: Rids on September 25, 2015, 07:59:29 AM

Why shouldnt JB do it? He spoke up against this happening and every time the trade was passed. He is only doing what is now allowed.
If you're still giving someone shower over a trade that wasn't that bad a year after it happened you shouldn't go and do the same kind of trade. It's double standards. How come Im not allowed to give my good players to toga, but JB is allowed to take Adas players off him.

nostradamus

The trade itself is in essentially fair, but the further ramifications for the comp and it's integrity need to be considered when the decision is made as to whether these types of trades pass or not.

The sad part is that this type of thing has the potential to take the title from a team that has built, traded and planned correctly.

Rids

Quote from: nrich102 on September 25, 2015, 08:05:42 AM
Quote from: Rids on September 25, 2015, 07:59:29 AM

If you're still giving someone shower over a trade that wasn't that bad a year after it happened you shouldn't go and do the same kind of trade. It's double standards. How come Im not allowed to give my good players to toga, but JB is allowed to take Adas players off him.

JB is allowed to do it because you were allowed to do it. Just because someone talks up about a trade doesnt mean they cant do the same if the trade passes.

Rids

Quote from: nostradamus on September 25, 2015, 08:09:00 AM
The trade itself is in essentially fair, but the further ramifications for the comp and it's integrity need to be considered when the decision is made as to whether these types of trades pass or not.

The sad part is that this type of thing has the potential to take the title from a team that has built, traded and planned correctly.

Ricochet

You cannot blame BB for letting these trades pass if they're fair. If you want the players involved you need to be more active in getting them.

Far too much whinging in here

and wowee JB. Game on

Rids

It is called whinging now to speak your mind???

I seem to remember plenty expressing their opinion on trades that were made by the Crabs previously so we are only doing the same. No one is blaming anyone. There has been a precedent set.

Ricochet

Some are complaining just because they were beaten by offers and yeh whinging in regards to "precedents being set". The only precedent that has been set is that if a trade is fair then it passes. Its the same in any comp. Personally I have only ever seen one trade blocked for the sake of the competition, and that was Worlds, not Asians.

For what its worth, Adamant smashed that deal imo.
Walker isn't a premo, neither is Ibbotson. Boomer is on the decline and only has one year left. Boyd and NRoo are guns but one year left. Who knows they may do a SJ and drop off too. JB has done well to get Lecca though

Rids

Quote from: Ricochet on September 25, 2015, 09:09:15 AM
Some are complaining just because they were beaten by offers and yeh whinging in regards to "precedents being set". The only precedent that has been set is that if a trade is fair then it passes. Its the same in any comp. Personally I have only ever seen one trade blocked for the sake of the competition, and that was Worlds, not Asians.

Walker isn't a premo, neither is Ibbotson. Boomer is on the decline and only has one year left. Boyd and NRoo are guns but one year left. Who knows they may do a SJ and drop off too. JB has done well to get Lecca though

Not once did I say he didn't so dont go reading too much into my comments. I only made a comment because JB can not be blamed for making this trade. A precedent has been set (rightly or wrongly - doesnt concern me at all) and rules and guidelines in regards to trades are clear. The point I and Nostra are trying to make is that, even when a trade is fair, should the trade still need to be looked at with the comp's integrity at stake.

nostradamus

As an administrator of this comp I think it's highly inappropriate to be making these comments........aren't you meant to be seen as unbiased.

Especially with regards to commenting on trades not yet passed.......you have said Adamant clearly wins the trade, therefore does it get negged??

Ricochet

Quote from: Rids on September 25, 2015, 09:14:23 AM

Not once did I say he didn't so dont go reading too much into my comments. I only made a comment because JB can not be blamed for making this trade. A precedent has been set (rightly or wrongly - doesnt concern me at all) and rules and guidelines in regards to trades are clear. The point I and Nostra are trying to make is that, even when a trade is fair, should the trade still need to be looked at with the comp's integrity at stake.
yeh my initial post wasn't directed at you Rids, more in general

Quote from: nostradamus on September 25, 2015, 09:23:05 AM

As an administrator of this comp I think it's highly inappropriate to be making these comments........aren't you meant to be seen as unbiased.

Especially with regards to commenting on trades not yet passed.......you have said Adamant clearly wins the trade, therefore does it get negged??
when comments are made that feel like they're attacking the integrity of the comp or BB for letting trades pass then i will always comment. Again not directing it at anyone in particular just the general feeling I've gotten.

Sorry i should have said Ada smashes it for what he's trying to achieve with his rebuild. Instead of just getting kids he's gotten gun kids that have already shown something.  i shouldn't have said it like i did to,  my bad.

Also i am only 50% of the trade decisions

Rids

Quote from: Ricochet on September 25, 2015, 09:51:17 AM

yeh my initial post wasn't directed at you Rids.

Your initial one might not have been but the second one definitely was!

Ricochet

Quote from: Rids on September 25, 2015, 09:55:27 AM

Because i honestly don't see how it hurts the integrity of the comp.  JB has given up some big name kids for those boys.

If ppl wanted Adamants boys they needed to pay more. Its simple

Rids

Quote from: Ricochet on September 25, 2015, 09:59:22 AM
Quote from: Rids on September 25, 2015, 09:55:27 AM

Because i honestly don't see how it hurts the integrity of the comp.  JB has given up some big name kids for those boys.

If ppl wanted Adamants boys they needed to pay more. Its simple

You are an admin. To publicly say that people are whinging when they share an opinion that you dont share is not the way to do things mate. If there needs to be clarity then take it off line like Colli used to. I dont want to go further off on a tangent as this is not the reason why I commented in the first place.

The reason was that I feel having a go at the 2 parties involved in a trade is not a good thing by anyone. Agreed trades are announced and then it goes to the trade process the majority voted for. If people think that the trade is unfair then they are free to share their views as members and coaches of the comp. But it should not be directed at the coaches involved in the trade.