AXV: TRADE DISCUSSION (2015/16)

Started by BB67th, August 19, 2015, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Rids on September 20, 2015, 11:03:24 PM
I love my Tigers as much as any but wowsers.

Lloyd isnt even contracted for next year yet and McIntosh has had an ok first year. Wont be long though till his turnovers cost him his JS especially with kids like Menadue and CEllis.

Nice early one up for discussion haha!
As a Tigers fan myself, I'm perfectly aware of that. I'm acquiring both as depth because I believe they're solid enough in that regard. The trade is mainly for Roberton who I need to improve my defenders.

On that note, I'm gonna entertain the idea of tabling Travis Boak for a premium defender, happy to keep him if I don't get a deal I'm happy with.

Jay

Quote from: Nige on September 20, 2015, 11:08:36 PM

Lloyd isnt even contracted for next year yet and McIntosh has had an ok first year. Wont be long though till his turnovers cost him his JS especially with kids like Menadue and CEllis.

As a Tigers fan myself, I'm perfectly aware of that. I'm acquiring both as depth because I believe they're solid enough in that regard. The trade is mainly for Roberton who I need to improve my defenders.
But why do you need to give up Michael Barlow for two depth players? There's really not that much in it between Smith and Roberton.

Rids

Barlow for 2 depth players with limited job security I dont get sorry but each to their own.

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on September 20, 2015, 11:11:21 PM

But why do you need to give up Michael Barlow for two depth players? There's really not that much in it between Smith and Roberton.
Barlow's surplus to requirements with the amount of mids I have.

Barlow, Boak, Wines, Prestia, Shiels, Shiel, Whitfield, Edwards, Hall, De Goey.

10 mids all worthy of starting, only 6 spots. I'm confident downgrading Barlow to Kamdyn won't affect my team because I believe Whitfield/Edwards/Hall/De Goey are or will be good enough to replace him.

I wouldn't be making the trade if I hadn't thought about the repercussions for my team and quite frankly, I don't think they're that big.

nostradamus

Quote from: Nige on September 20, 2015, 11:18:36 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 20, 2015, 11:11:21 PM

Barlow's surplus to requirements with the amount of mids I have.

Barlow, Boak, Wines, Prestia, Shiels, Shiel, Whitfield, Edwards, Hall, De Goey.

10 mids all worthy of starting, only 6 spots. I'm confident downgrading Barlow to Kamdyn won't affect my team because I believe Whitfield/Edwards/Hall/De Goey are or will be good enough to replace him.

I wouldn't be making the trade if I hadn't thought about the repercussions for my team and quite frankly, I don't think they're that big.

It's interesting that you cite your midfield in your reasoning for the trade Nige.

When yours is compared to Rico's it makes the trade even more curious ..........G Ablett (GC), S Pendlebury (Coll), D Beams (Bris), S Sidebottom (Coll), T Liberatore (WB), N Dal Santo (NM), M Rosa (WC).......and add to that Barlow if this trade somehow goes through.

The strongest mids in the comp are getting even stronger, while giving up little and yours are getting weaker.

I don't get it at all.

PowerBug

And this is where things are wrong. The bloke that gets 50% of the say in whether this trade goes through is the bloke involved in the trade.

How did you numpties (Everyone that didn't vote Option B for the trades question) even think that leaving the trade system as is was going to be a good move?

It's not even worth discussing:
#7 - Trade Approvals Process
A) Trades approved/blocked after discussions between both competition administrators. (Current Setting)
B) All Trades will go to a vote for all AXV coaches to be approved/blocked
C) Trades approved/blocked after discussions between both competition administrators. If three or more coaches voice concern with the decision (who are not directly involved in the trade) in the 48 hours following the admins' decision, it will go to a vote for all AXV coaches to be approved/blocked
We didn't pick Option C, we picked Option A. So unless you guys plan on changing the minds of the admin (One of whom is involved with the trade), then don't even bother complaining, and instead complain to yourself for not picking Option B (Or at the very least Option C). I would be interested to know the exact numbers for that question (BB, can you provide me?).

Nige

I was actually just about to bring up that PB, great minds think alike.

Quote from: PowerBug on September 20, 2015, 11:39:39 PM
And this is where things are wrong. The bloke that gets 50% of the say in whether this trade goes through is the bloke involved in the trade.

Though I imagine that in cases like this, it would be solely BB's ruling, or Rico's if BB was involved in the trade.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on September 20, 2015, 11:45:47 PM

Though I imagine that in cases like this, it would be solely BB's ruling, or Rico's if BB was involved in the trade.
And when they trade with eachother? It just passes?

And yes, exactly. THese people complaining can only blame themselves. If they actually wanted to have a say on the trade, then they should've voted accordingly... I thought they would've learnt from last year.

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on September 20, 2015, 11:47:37 PM
Quote from: Nige on September 20, 2015, 11:45:47 PM

And when they trade with eachother? It just passes?
I wouldn't know. I was simply referring to this scenario.

Jay

I just cannot believe that it took less than a day of the thread being opened for someone to trade a gun mid to the Crocs for not much in return. Have we not seen their list?

If you guys want to see a Dublin 2.0 then fair enough, but far out..

Ricochet

Quote from: Jayman on September 20, 2015, 11:54:33 PM
I just cannot believe that it took less than a day of the thread being opened for someone to trade a gun mid to the Crocs for not much in return. Have we not seen their list?

If you guys want to see a Dublin then fair enough, but far out..
We haven't won anything yet? And Laos has been just as strong. Even UAE have a stronger list than us

Jay

Quote from: Ricochet on September 21, 2015, 12:08:12 AM

If you guys want to see a Dublin then fair enough, but far out..
We haven't won anything yet? And Laos has been just as strong. Even UAE have a stronger list than us
Yeah I know man, but that's just because you got screwed by injuries. You take that list and add basically Michael Barlow for free, it starts getting crazy.

Memphistopheles

Well one of the weaker sides in Taiwan wanted Barlow and tried to put in an offer but, we couldn't compete.

This was what I was talking about in the rules dicussion thread.

JBs-Hawks

Wow giving gun mids out for free. Frawley and Mcintosh are two players who should never make any decent sides best 15

Nige

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 21, 2015, 02:32:33 AM

Well one of the weaker sides in Taiwan wanted Barlow and tried to put in an offer but, we couldn't compete.

This was what I was talking about in the rules dicussion thread.
I honestly had a hard time between picking between your offer and Rico's dude. In the end, it was Rico being willing to trade Roberton that made me choose his deal.

Had these blokes on the table for a while, pretty sure Memph was like the only other person who even made an offer for Barlow, or at least one worth seriously considering.

If people feel so strongly, maybe they should have actually voted in a system where they could have a say in whether the trade goes through or not. If the admin is swayed by public opinion on the matter and doesn't actually consider the reasons for the trade, I'd be disappointed.