Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Yeah I don't think Hodge plays next week. Really liked the look of Hinge. Matho may get a week or two for his elbow, should see Cutler come back in.

Ringo

Hinge looked good so Answerth needs to step up as well to counter. Rayner continues to frustrate me as well.

SilverLion

Yeah, can we please drop Rayner now? Should've dropped him 4 weeks ago. Needs to find some confidence again.

Nails

Brisbane Lions 2str0nk2fast2leet

SilverLion

nrich102

GoLions

Midfield got absolutely smashed for all but about 8mins of the game

Ringo

We were smashed at clearances, We seemed to slacken off when we got to a 30 point lead.

Hope the Lessons are learned from here. Carlton were a lot more desperate than us when they gained a sniff and we could not go with them. Why oh Why when Carlton tagged Neale did we not reciprocate by putting one of the Robbos on Cripps. In my opinion not checking him cost us the game as can be seen by the goals he kicked.

If you read my posts predicted we would have trouble against Carlton talls and proved to be true. Would Walker have made the difference not sure but think Allison did his job well.

fanTCfool

Witherden is a liability, should be dropped.

Ringo

Quote from: fanTCfool on June 08, 2019, 07:46:42 PM
believe it or not I agree with you. Think he needs to go back to NEAFL to gain confidence. His kicking is nowhere as accurate as last year. Quite a few were direct to Blues today. 

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on June 08, 2019, 09:04:33 PM
believe it or not I agree with you. Think he needs to go back to NEAFL to gain confidence. His kicking is nowhere as accurate as last year. Quite a few were direct to Blues today.
Its not so much the kicking as it is his decision making.

Nige

Quote from: GoLions on June 08, 2019, 10:00:15 PM
From what I've seen, it's a little of column a, a little of column b. You're right, his decision making has been terrible, but then doubles down with poor execution.

Definitely needs a spell in the twos though.

And he should take Rayner, Archie and Linc with him.

fanTCfool

Absolutely, he is a shell of his 2017 & 2018 self. Thought signing the contract during the week may have freed him up a little more, especially against a weaker opposition, but continued on in his slump.

elephants

Quote from: Nige on June 08, 2019, 10:44:05 PM
From what I've seen, it's a little of column a, a little of column b. You're right, his decision making has been terrible, but then doubles down with poor execution.

WELL OVERDUE

Ringo

Quote from: elephants on June 09, 2019, 11:06:07 AM
Quote from: Nige on June 08, 2019, 10:44:05 PM

WELL OVERDUE
Can add Nick Robertson to the list as well. Good in parts but not consistent enough for AFL.
Amazingly all the comments after the defeat but I only have to back a few rounds to the debacle against the Bombers where we had a similar effort against a lower team after some good games and wins.
Still maintain as I have posted a number of times playing finals this year will be a bonus. We still have the 2nd youngest list in the AFL and the bye has come at the right time.