Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Talk in the media today that we're interested in trying to lure Lachie Neale north for pick 4.

That's definitely a deal I'd take. He'd look nice in a midfield alongside Beams, Zorko, Berry and McCluggage.

Ringo

I would to - Starts to fill the gaps between the 22/23 yo and 26/27yo due to the go home factor. Ideal replacement for Zorko/Beams.
Remember also Cameron to come back in and Bailey showing plenty of promise. Future looks good.
Neale for 4 would be big only concern to ensure we have sufficient points to get academy players and father/son.

BB67th

Quote from: Ringo on August 30, 2018, 09:05:38 PM
I would to - Starts to fill the gaps between the 22/23 yo and 26/27yo due to the go home factor. Ideal replacement for Zorko/Beams.
Remember also Cameron to come back in and Bailey showing plenty of promise. Future looks good.
Neale for 4 would be big only concern to ensure we have sufficient points to get academy players and father/son.
I haven't kept much of a tab on academy and father/son prospects this year. Do we have many we're targeting in the upcoming draft?

Also good to see Andrews, Witherden and Hipwood named in the 22under22 today. Would have thought McCluggage might make the team too though.

Trindacut

Jeez, I'd be a keen watcher of how Brisbane go next year if they got Neale. I like what Fagan is doing, Jimmy Bartel earlier in the year that the game style he's instilling starts with risk but reaps quicker rewards.

Ringo

Quote from: BB67th on August 30, 2018, 09:10:20 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 30, 2018, 09:05:38 PM
I haven't kept much of a tab on academy and father/son prospects this year. Do we have many we're targeting in the upcoming draft?

Also good to see Andrews, Witherden and Hipwood named in the 22under22 today. Would have thought McCluggage might make the team too though.
Connor  McFadyen from Academy come to notice in the u18 and predicted any where 10 - 30 at the moment,  and Father son Casey Voss. Jake Bradshaw and James Rendell all could be rookie selections if it falls ok.

enzedder

Just seen Beams’ speech at the B&F.
How can you not love the guy.
Champion on every level.

nrich102

Quote from: enzedder on September 02, 2018, 02:25:14 PM
Champion on every level.
Yep, absolute top bloke. Really hope he doesn’t leave

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on September 02, 2018, 05:00:55 PM
Quote from: enzedder on September 02, 2018, 02:25:14 PM
Champion on every level.
Yep, absolute top bloke. Really hope he doesn’t leave
With a speech like he gave last night will be very upsetting if he did leave.

And for information final votes
Dayne Zorko - 250 votes
Dayne Beams - 249 votes
Stef Martin - 242 votes
Darcy Gardiner - 228 votes
Harris Andrews - 208 votes
Jarrod Berry - 205 votes
Hugh McCluggage - 200 votes
Luke Hodge - 185 votes
Nick Robertson - 172 votes
Alex Witherden - 170 votes

Those top 3 so close.  Gardiner, Andrews and Cameron unlucky due to injury. Beams had a slow start but came home strong. Was not even in Top 10 after Rd 9.
For those unaware players are awarded points by coaches for how they play according to team rules and 24 votes is the maximum a player can get.

elephants

Ringo

Quote from: elephants on September 02, 2018, 07:54:46 PM
Beams so stiff imo
Fair comment but he did win the members player of the year,

nrich102

http://m.lions.com.au/news/2018-09-06/lions-delist-five

Good decisions here I think. Feel a little sorry for Beams and Barrett, but good to finally see the back of Bewick.

Ringo

Yep Barret a bit unlucky in my view.

None of the 5 would have any currency though to hold to add to Neale trade.

Ringo

Now to resign Robbo, Lester and Walker,

BB67th

Pretty happy with the list changes, none of those players really looked like contributing much into the future.

Good sign that they were more experienced players than your typical round of de-listings as well. Shows that the youth we are getting through is doing a quality job.

Rusty00

Quote from: BB67th on September 06, 2018, 10:17:17 PM
Pretty happy with the list changes, none of those players really looked like contributing much into the future.

Good sign that they were more experienced players than your typical round of de-listings as well. Shows that the youth we are getting through is doing a quality job.
I was thinking that as well. Good sign for the Lions future, that they don't need to hang onto those mid-range players anymore who probably haven't got much/any improvement left in them.