Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Heading to the game tomorrow. Can't wait to see Hodgey running out in our colours.

Everyone seems to have written us off, anyone think we're a genuine chance to get the win?

GoLions

Quote from: BB67th on March 23, 2018, 09:40:46 PM
Heading to the game tomorrow. Can't wait to see Hodgey running out in our colours.

Everyone seems to have written us off, anyone think we're a genuine chance to get the win?
Slim chance i reckon. Going to see the women as well mate?

BB67th

Quote from: GoLions on March 23, 2018, 09:54:13 PM
Quote from: BB67th on March 23, 2018, 09:40:46 PM

Slim chance i reckon. Going to see the women as well mate?
Probably won't get the chance to unfortunately. It would certainly be a good day if we could get two wins though!

BB67th

Well the end result was pretty much what I was expecting going into the game. Here's a few thoughts from what I saw

- Main issues were the same as last year - falling away in red time at the end of quarter and in Q4. Also overusing the handball in defence and making some horrible decisions around half forward and being burnt on the turnover.

- Zorko had an absolute shocker, worst game I've ever seen him play, looked really slow out there more than anything

- Cameron was electric up forward, spent time at FF and performed strongly. As did Hodge, fantastic pickup in the backline

- I tried to find some positive way to describe Tom Bell seeing as I've been on him for my SC all off-season, but he was woeful, no other way to put it

- Robertson put in a fantastic game with his ball use, seemed to be playing more of an offensive game rather than minding Steven too closely

- Berry played his best game for the club, loved what I saw from him in the middle

Overall there were a lot of positive signs. Clearly there are key areas that we still need to work on.

And Jack Billings is a star, BOG for me.

SilverLion

Quote from: BB67th on March 24, 2018, 09:39:34 PM
Well the end result was pretty much what I was expecting going into the game. Here's a few thoughts from what I saw

- Main issues were the same as last year - falling away in red time at the end of quarter and in Q4. Also overusing the handball in defence and making some horrible decisions around half forward and being burnt on the turnover.

- Zorko had an absolute shocker, worst game I've ever seen him play, looked really slow out there more than anything

- Cameron was electric up forward, spent time at FF and performed strongly. As did Hodge, fantastic pickup in the backline

- I tried to find some positive way to describe Tom Bell seeing as I've been on him for my SC all off-season, but he was woeful, no other way to put it

- Robertson put in a fantastic game with his ball use, seemed to be playing more of an offensive game rather than minding Steven too closely

- Berry played his best game for the club, loved what I saw from him in the middle

Overall there were a lot of positive signs. Clearly there are key areas that we still need to work on.

And Jack Billings is a star, BOG for me.
+1 to all that.

Hodge was great down back also.

BB67th

What are some thoughts on our forward structure at the moment?

The way that Cameron has been playing I'd be tempted to just have the one tall up there in Hipwood at CHF with Charlie at FF and the rest of the mediums/smalls playing around them.

Walker can go back to defence and give Stef a chop out in the ruck when needed.

More of a pressure forward line like the Tigers might work better with our tall targets not providing much at all.

GoLions

Quote from: BB67th on April 03, 2018, 08:30:48 PM

The way that Cameron has been playing I'd be tempted to just have the one tall up there in Hipwood at CHF with Charlie at FF and the rest of the mediums/smalls playing around them.

More of a pressure forward line like the Tigers might work better with our tall targets not providing much at all.
Yeah I don't mind it tbh. Really wanna see Cutler come in though.

BB67th

Quote from: GoLions on April 04, 2018, 10:51:45 PM

Well with McStay dropped for Robinson I might have gotten my wish! Hipwood the only tall named in the forward line, and just the 3 tall backs which you'd expect to stay there to deal with Port.

No Cutler for you GL, I agree I'd like to see him come back into the side. Not quite sure who he pushes out at the moment though.

Not holding a lot of hope for us this weekend. I'd take a loss under 10 goals tbh

SilverLion

Quote from: BB67th on April 06, 2018, 11:38:28 AM

Well with McStay dropped for Robinson I might have gotten my wish! Hipwood the only tall named in the forward line, and just the 3 tall backs which you'd expect to stay there to deal with Port.

No Cutler for you GL, I agree I'd like to see him come back into the side. Not quite sure who he pushes out at the moment though.

Not holding a lot of hope for us this weekend. I'd take a loss under 10 goals tbh
Bewick out for Cutler I reckon.

GoLions

Quote from: SilverLion on April 06, 2018, 12:18:45 PM
Quote from: BB67th on April 06, 2018, 11:38:28 AM

Bewick out for Cutler I reckon.
^

Ringo

Bewick for Cutler - Do not want to be mercenary but hope he does a a hammy on the warm up as Cuts is not named in the NEAFL and would be the travelling emergency. We usually take 2 so not sure who the other would be as the other 3 all named in NEAFL.

SilverLion

Anyone know whats up with Bastinac? Would of thought he'd be close to being in our best 22, hasn't gotten near the side yet this year.

GoLions

Quote from: SilverLion on April 12, 2018, 09:11:18 PM
Anyone know whats up with Bastinac? Would of thought he'd be close to being in our best 22, hasn't gotten near the side yet this year.
Yeah idk, thought he'd play most games this year.

Glad Cutler has stayed in the side though, and Bailey is making his debut!

Ringo

Basti was not impressive in the NEAFL on the weekend either, Keays may have gone past him as well now.

Think Cox was a bit stiff to be dropped did a lot of good things in first 2 rounds but couple of costly errors.

Lester was due to be dropped but being a Coaches pet thought he may have been safe. 

SilverLion

Quote from: GoLions on April 12, 2018, 09:12:45 PM
Quote from: SilverLion on April 12, 2018, 09:11:18 PM
Yeah idk, thought he'd play most games this year.

Glad Cutler has stayed in the side though, and Bailey is making his debut!
Yeah Cutler definitely deserves his spot. Is gunna be great to see how Bailey goes, we took him ahead of Higgins so hoping he goes alright. I'll be at the game, will be keeping my eye out for him for sure.

Quote from: Ringo on April 12, 2018, 09:41:25 PM
Basti was not impressive in the NEAFL on the weekend either, Keays may have gone past him as well now.

Think Cox was a bit stiff to be dropped did a lot of good things in first 2 rounds but couple of costly errors.

Lester was due to be dropped but being a Coaches pet thought he may have been safe.
Concerned if Keays is ahead of him, that would put him pretty far back in the pecking order. Really rate Bastinac, seems a good user of the ball but maybe a tad slow if anything - might be that Fagan is opting for a faster lineup.