Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

So, what's the go with Marco Pierre Paparone? Fallen out of favour a bit it seems. Do you see him being able to get back into the side or have too many others passed him?

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 05, 2017, 06:09:15 PM
So, what's the go with Marco Pierre Paparone? Fallen out of favour a bit it seems. Do you see him being able to get back into the side or have too many others passed him?
Definitely on the outer atm. A lot of our young kids have really stepped up this year, putting a lot of pressure on some guys who were previously in our 22, such as Paparone, Bewick, and even Cutler now. Without any injuries, I struggle to see him making the team again.

Ringo

Paporone had an injury and now has to fight to get his place back.
Witherden, Cox now appear to have passed him. Robertson with his improved form also now will be ahead in pecking order. Not forgetting McStay as well.
Great to see we finally have some depth.

Rusty00

So you guys think it's the same with Cutler? Currently on the outer and needs to force his way back in?

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 05, 2017, 06:46:49 PM
So you guys think it's the same with Cutler? Currently on the outer and needs to force his way back in?
Cutler can also go forward (and did this year with some success), so i still see him getting games. But WitherGOAT has overtaken him for the time being in defence.

RaisyDaisy

THE BRISBANE Lions have delisted five players, including experienced defender Ryan Harwood and key forward Jono Freeman.

Midfielder Jarrad Jansen, utility Josh Clayton and rookie Blake Grewar have also been told by the Lions their contracts would not be renewed.

Ringo

Was just about to post RD - Grewar the surprise but just wondering who would have replaced him.  He has a bit of speed  and kicked 2 goals in the NEAFL Grand Final including a clutch one in 4th quarter,

Not sure who else would have replaced him though - Frost and Bell maybe but paying out 2 years of contrcat probably not an option,

May be a few more as well before final lists as well.

Torpedo10

Harwood, Jansen & Clayton all surprise me as an outsider, Brissy must have a plethora of talent coming through!

Ricochet

Suuuuuurely Grewar gets another shot somewhere

Ringo

Just remember under AFL rules you have to de-list minimum 5 players.

Grewar has been on the rookie list for 2 years so he had to be promoted or de-listed. He is a Qld boy so we may again rookie list him.  If not more than likely will go back to Redland Bombers in NEAFL unless picked up by another club.

Torp Harwood has gone done the pecking order with the likes of Witherden, Cox, McStay Gardiner and co passing him. Claye Beams is also probably in front of him. Also the luckless Sam Skinner was to be given chance as well. Jansen and Clayton victims of the number of identical type mids whop have passed them - Keays, Beastmode, Barrett, McLuggage to name a few,

RaisyDaisy

I cringe every time I read/hear "Beastmode"

Ricochet

GoLions

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2017-09-14/four-coaches-locked-in-

Great with 4 coaches now contracted for a further 2 years. Stability in coaching ranks should help the development as well.

Peter

Let's hope Lions make at least 12th in 2018