Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: Ringo on May 17, 2017, 02:56:01 PM
Rumour has it that Carlton and Richmond could be the destined clubs so why would he leave a club that will be on the rise for these trash teams  ;D ;D

Lol Ringo not sure you can reallllyyyyyy say that can you? :-X

GoLions

Robbo confirmed out for the rest of the season :(

Ringo

Yeah coming after Bundys out for the season as well.  Going to be difficult to win another match this year,

Ringo

With the season half over thought I would write my opinions on season to date.

We are 1 - 9 and although it does not look good think we have improved on last year. Apart from the Richmond blowout after 5 rounds could have been 4 - 1 after 5 rounds but inexperience and inability to stop a team run the difference. Quite often teams went on a 6 goal plus to 0 run and we were left behind.

Injuries to Bundy and Robbo have really hurt us.  Really missing the forward pressure that Bundy exerts although Squizzy is having his best season and taking up the slack there. Nick Robertson is doing well as a lock down player but he is no Robbo.

Time to develop the Hipwood Scache combination up front now that both have signed longer contracts. Would like to see some help for Andrews down back. Gardiner has been serviceable but his discipline at times leaves a lot to be desired. McStay could be an answer but what is his true position.

Rich is probably having a better season than last but would like to see more run from him off HB. and a better disposal.  This year a lot of his kicks are either easily picked off or do not find team mate.

Beams, Rocky and Zorko have been outstanding.

Looking at our draftees McLuggage and Berry look like being star of the future, Cox has looked good and Witherden been hampered by injury and Barrett has proved to be a valuable buy.  With the resignings of Schache, Hipwood, Beastmode  and Cutler and these draftees future bright.

Disappointments have been the middle tier players have not really gone on with it looking at you Harwood, Mayes, Bewick, and Lester (Fagan must see things in him that I do not to have him in leadership group),

Bastinac and Frost looked solid buys based on form but have been an extreme disappointment and should be cut.  Jansen another that has not worked out.  Jury still out on Tom Bell and Josh Walker,

Think we also need to not play Archie and Stef together as I think it is counter productive. Archie is the better tap and Stef is better around the ground.

Do we wield a big axe this year and trim some of these underperforming mid tier players.

I would cut Bastinac, Frost, Jansen, Walker, Freeman.  Would try and trade Harwood and Bewick as there may be some currency there.

Hopefully 2 - 3 wins  for the rest of the season starting this Saturday afternoon.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on June 09, 2017, 03:31:03 PM
I would cut Bastinac, Frost, Jansen, Walker, Freeman.  Would try and trade Harwood and Bewick as there may be some currency there.
Whatchu talkin bout Willis

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on June 10, 2017, 09:02:58 PM
Quote from: Ringo on June 09, 2017, 03:31:03 PM
Whatchu talkin bout Willis
Just think we need to cut one of Freeman or Close from our roster to make way for Ballandeen. Freeman has not grasped the chances given to him imo. A lot will depend on re-signimgs though.

Hawka

Will Archie keep getting games? or does Schace come in for him

Ringo

That is the $64k question Hawka. Most fans want us to develop the Hipwood Schache partnership. Archie is displaying something but think he needs to really develop more in the NEAFL as we got killed by Ryder on the weekend.  Archie will be Stefs replacement but think he needs to bide his time in NEAFL as 2 rucks in Seniors is not working.

GoLions

Schache in for Archie for suuuuure

kilbluff1985

any word on Rocky playing?

Ringo

He has trained this week so no reason to suggest not,

GoLions

I know we had a great 2nd half of the season...

But that was flowering woeful. Disappointing way to end the season.

Ringo

Agree 100% but umpiring did not help either.

Witherden the bright star in the rubble and probably be a short priced risiung star nomination.

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on August 26, 2017, 07:09:57 PM

Witherden the bright star in the rubble and probably be a short priced risiung star nomination.
McStay and Claye Beams also impressed i thought. Clugg as well.

Rich has probably had his best season since his debut year, if not better.

Ringo

Quote from: GoLions on August 26, 2017, 07:16:45 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 26, 2017, 07:09:57 PM

McStay and Claye Beams also impressed i thought. Clugg as well.

Rich has probably had his best season since his debut year, if not better.
Agree - Josh Walker probably as well - Did a lot of good things.
A lot of Talk on Lions Talk whether we should trade Pick1.