Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Just drop them for a week, make a point. Hanley was bad today, was shocking whenever he got the ball.

GoLions

Quote from: nrich102 on June 11, 2016, 08:11:49 PM
Just drop them for a week, make a point. Hanley was bad today, was shocking whenever he got the ball.
He was one of our only players to win the contested ball, which we badly need

Ringo

Back from the game and still disgusted with our skill level.
Can not blame Leppa for kicks along the ground, dropped marks, punching the ball when it is an easy mark handballing to players under pressure.

I am sorry but I tend to agree with nrich in that Leppa needs to drop some Senior players as they are not performing and start getting games into kids as they are the future.  We do not need to go after Cloke ir Jenkins as we need a forwrad in the 24 - 26 age bracket who can move forawrd with the club whilst Schache and co develop.

Paparone must come in after an outstanding game in the NEAFL today.

As we are playing West Coiast next week and probably on another hiding I would be ruthless to give kids games.
Mattheson for Keays
Freeman or Close for West.
Lester if fit for Merrett
Paparone for Hanley or Rich.

Nige

If you drop seniors players and get absolutely belted, it's going to look ten times worse.

The kids need some leaders out there.

Grazz

I'm with Ringo you can't keep accepting mediocrity from senior players, there has to be accountability for everyone regardless of their name or position within the club. If they deserve to be dropped then drop them back to the NEAFL. Can't have lesser named players dropped for the same reasons without making the senior players accountable for those reasons.

GoLions

You're not making a point by dropping senior players after they've played well though. That's how you end up with players leaving the club.

Rich and Hanley played well enough today. A lot of other players didn't.

Grazz

Quote from: GoLions on June 12, 2016, 12:47:33 AM
You're not making a point by dropping senior players after they've played well though. That's how you end up with players leaving the club.

Rich and Hanley played well enough today. A lot of other players didn't.

I agree with that 100% mate, that would be a ridiculous scenario. They must deserve to be dropped for a reason.

strikes91

Bell should be the first one dropped. Such a lazy player who has an amazing endurance tank on him. Today was the lowest the club has been under the name Lions

Ringo

I thought Bells game last night was serviceable.  His last 3 games have been probably the best for the club.

And to clarify my comment earlier talking to a lot of club members at a function prior to the game we all agrred that Leppa should be a given a chance to finish what he is developing (No other club can equal the 34 list turnovers we have had in 3 years), but he should not be afraid to drop under performing Senior players. Merrett and West imo are the 2 who should be really dropped this week.  We also agreed that Rich is nowhere near the player he was 5 years ago.

Ricochet

Quote from: strikes91 on June 12, 2016, 02:33:27 AM
Bell should be the first one dropped. Such a lazy player who has an amazing endurance tank on him. Today was the lowest the club has been under the name Lions
Does he?? Everything I've heard is his tank is the only thing keeping out of playing full time midfield

Also,

For crying out loud please drop West so Stef can flowering do something for my SC, RDT, AF, WXV  :'(

strikes91

Quote from: Ricochet on June 12, 2016, 10:26:06 AM
Does he?? Everything I've heard is his tank is the only thing keeping out of playing full time midfield

He is easily top 3 in the club for endurance, probably only behind Robertson and Paparone. The thing keeping him out of the midfield is his shocking disposal efficiency

Ricochet

Quote from: strikes91 on June 12, 2016, 12:55:13 PM

He is easily top 3 in the club for endurance, probably only behind Robertson and Paparone. The thing keeping him out of the midfield is his shocking disposal efficiency
In what test?

strikes91

Quote from: Ricochet on June 12, 2016, 01:14:06 PM
Quote from: strikes91 on June 12, 2016, 12:55:13 PM

In what test?

Young midfielder Tom Bell continues to be a standout on the track, not only for his elite running ability, but also for his endurance.

“Belly has come into the Club (from Carlton) and he’s running really well," said midfield coach Simon Black.

“He has great running ability which is a big strength in this game. It’s a good asset for us.”

"We’ve had some payers come back and make a statement with their running and shown what they're capable off, while some new players in Tom Bell & Ryan Bastinac have shown they are ready to go also.

"The challenge is to set high standards, do the small things well and just get better every day."
The Top Three:

1st. Nick Robertson

2nd. Marco Paparone

3rd. Tom Bell

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-11-27/3km-time-trial

Ricochet

Well there you go. Goes against what a few have said who are/were close to him... but can't knock that quote.

nas

Also,

For crying out loud please drop West so Stef can flowering do something for my SC, RDT, AF, WXV  :'(

Also for my AXV  :'(