Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Good to see Freeman, Hammelman and Hipwood in amongst the goals, but does that say more about our forwards or our defenders?   :-X

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on February 13, 2016, 12:03:42 AM
Good to see Freeman, Hammelman and Hipwood in amongst the goals, but does that say more about our forwards or our defenders?   :-X
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/teams/brisbane/brisbane-lions-have-plenty-of-options-in-attack-as-tall-forwards-stand-up-in-intraclub-match/news-story/e8c1783e02556af82b67da2b0249a62e

Todays report from the CM which is a fair summary.

First half was virtually the probables verses the rest so was the reason. For second half Robinson, Rich, Bell and Bastinac switched sides and match was more competitive.  As in the report Andrews copped a knock early and sat out.

No Beams, Green, Clarke, Gardiner or Sqizzy Taylor (wisdom teeth) playing today. So with Clarke, Gardiner and Andrews all out that is a lot of tall timber down back.

'Lester’s appearance in the top side ahead of Jarrad Jansen was also telling" So that may mean Jansen is a little down the pecking order.

Ricochet

What possie did Harwood play??

nrich102

Quote from: Ricochet on February 13, 2016, 09:53:31 AM
Played across half back. Lock him in  8)

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on February 13, 2016, 09:58:01 AM
Both Harwood and Lester played of HB.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on February 13, 2016, 02:09:38 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on February 13, 2016, 09:58:01 AM
Both Harwood and Lester played of HB.
Ok, so how will it affect him when those three that miss come back into defence??? Will they reshuffle and he gets pushed out or will others?

Ringo

The three that missed are talls Rico so no effect at all. Gardiner would also be fringe. Merrett, Clarke and Andrews would be the 3 talls in defence with McStay, Paine and McGrath waiting in the wings as talls.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on February 13, 2016, 02:48:59 PM
The three that missed are talls Rico so no effect at all. Gardiner would also be fringe. Merrett, Clarke and Andrews would be the 3 talls in defence with McStay, Paine and McGrath waiting in the wings as talls.
Ah yeh i get that, just with three to come back in sometimes there could be a bit of a reshuffle of roles.

But all good, will keep an eye on him in NAB

Ringo

Quote from: Ricochet on February 13, 2016, 02:57:38 PM
Quote from: Ringo on February 13, 2016, 02:48:59 PM
Ah yeh i get that, just with three to come back in sometimes there could be a bit of a reshuffle of roles.

But all good, will keep an eye on him in NAB
I will be but based on preseason from Harwood would be in front of both Lester and Cutle.

Based on preseason form I see our back six as
FB: Paparone, Merrett, Andrews
HB: Lester, Clarke, Harwood

with Mayes on bench and Cutler and Gardiner unlucky,

strikes91

I sent my brother to watch and he said Bundy and Lester BOG, also said Freeman was good for the conditions

Tom Bell's disposal is atrocious and so was harwoods.

that's all i got from the text

Ringo

Interesting how there are slight difference of opinions from those who attended.  My friend who lives at Burpengary was really singing Harwoods praises when he reported to me and mentioned Robbo as best on ground in his opinion. Was also impressed by Freeman and slightly disappointed with Schache.

He agreed that Bells disposal was really shocking. 

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ringo on February 13, 2016, 06:07:28 PM
Interesting how there are slight difference of opinions from those who attended.  My friend who lives at Burpengary was really singing Harwoods praises when he reported to me and mentioned Robbo as best on ground in his opinion. Was also impressed by Freeman and slightly disappointed with Schache.

Maybe Harwood racked up the disposals (i.e. was a major ball winner) but lacked the disposal efficiency that knowledgeable footy tragics value more highly (and so they should - it is the most important stat imo - also why Rich and Paparone are such valuable players, I never see the two of them miss a target).

Normally when there are different perceptions of a player's performance that has been the case (you can see it in the games where the players scores big in DT but fails to break 100 in SC - some fans will sing praises, others will think they were mediocre).

Just my two-cents - I personally think Brisbane have suffered without the rebounding half-backs that other teams take for granted, they have the personnel, just Lester and Harwood have been unlucky with injuries (I can see Brisbane pushing back to the 10-12th range if they have an injury free season - hopefully they rotate the younger players in and out of the squad so they can receive some valuable experience as well).   

nrich102

You're  more optimistic about Brisbane than most Brisbane supporters are mate  :P

Ringo

Quote from: powersuperkents on February 14, 2016, 02:16:28 PM
Quote from: Ringo on February 13, 2016, 06:07:28 PM

Maybe Harwood racked up the disposals (i.e. was a major ball winner) but lacked the disposal efficiency that knowledgeable footy tragics value more highly (and so they should - it is the most important stat imo - also why Rich and Paparone are such valuable players, I never see the two of them miss a target).

Normally when there are different perceptions of a player's performance that has been the case (you can see it in the games where the players scores big in DT but fails to break 100 in SC - some fans will sing praises, others will think they were mediocre).

Just my two-cents - I personally think Brisbane have suffered without the rebounding half-backs that other teams take for granted, they have the personnel, just Lester and Harwood have been unlucky with injuries (I can see Brisbane pushing back to the 10-12th range if they have an injury free season - hopefully they rotate the younger players in and out of the squad so they can receive some valuable experience as well).
Easily done though mate.  Do not know how many time i came home from games last year and surprised to see some of the SC scores especially players I thought had quiet games.

Only issue I have with 10 - 12th is who we are going to push down the ladder to take their place. Saints, Suns, Dees and Giants are on the up and can not see Cats or Pies dropping that far.  Whilst it will be good if it comes to fruition which I can not see reckon our immediate goal is to win more than the 4 we won last year which will be hard as there is a strong possibility we could be 0/7 after 7 rounds given our horror draw.

nrich102

Good thing we play Carlton twice :P Thats 3 wins with them and Essendon, just need 2 more. I think that home vs North is a chance, and we should beat Melbourne. Think we can get our 5 wins  8)