Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

nrich102

Are you Damian Barrett or something? Or even worse have you been listening from Damian Barrett?

He'll be here next year.

Tbh, I hope ZOB goes the same way as Hayes, I don't like him.

Ringo

Quote from: Nige on September 13, 2015, 12:06:30 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 13, 2015, 11:40:04 AM
who was last year's ressies winner that got delisted Ringo?
Nick Hayes I think his name was.
Correct Nick Hayes won last year and was delisted.  He returned to Woodville Torrers this year so maybe some Eagles supporters may want to advise how he went.

Ringo

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 13, 2015, 10:28:30 AM
4 way tie is pretty amazing. Doubt that has happened at any club before
Unique Rusty but more so given our unique voting system
1. There is no restriction on the number of players who can receive votes.

2. Each line coach will grade and allocate a maximum of four votes to a player in each of the three areas of the Game Plan (offence, defence, contest) the maximum votes a player can receive in a match is 12.

3. The player's Game Plan compliance is reviewed when allocating votes across each of the three areas. Coaches will consider a player's ability to consistently demonstrate and apply our Team Values smart (offence), organised (defence), relentless (contest) over the course of the game.

4. Each line coach submits their votes on Monday morning for rigorous discussion and comparison with players from other lines.

5. Votes are finalised following this process.

So for 4 players to be tied under this system is extraordinary.

@Aaron Kirk you can read that article a number of ways.  And I read as basically if Stefs Partner gets a decent acting offer then that is the change in circumstances which he may return to Melbourne.  He will definitely be at Brisbane next year if not.  Need to remember he is contracted next year so there will be a hard bargain negotiated by Brisbane.

nrich102

It's all good. Green will be here next year and so will Zorks. Im pretty sure Martin will stay as well.

Money Shot

Hey I was just wondering why is Brisbane going to let Aish go? Like shouldn't they try and get the most out of a bad situation?

Ringo

Quote from: Money Shot on October 08, 2015, 10:31:46 PM
Hey I was just wondering why is Brisbane going to let Aish go? Like shouldn't they try and get the most out of a bad situation?
Brisbane are not letting Aish go.  He is out of contract as at 31st October and has requested a trade to Pies. Brisbane are refusing to negotiate a trade and if he wants out will have to go to the National draft.

Starting to query why we have a draft if players who have been at a club for only 2 years can dictate where they want to go. Who needs free agency when this is the case.

Money Shot

Quote from: Ringo on October 08, 2015, 11:33:05 PM
Brisbane are not letting Aish go.  He is out of contract as at 31st October and has requested a trade to Pies. Brisbane are refusing to negotiate a trade and if he wants out will have to go to the National draft.

Starting to query why we have a draft if players who have been at a club for only 2 years can dictate where they want to go. Who needs free agency when this is the case.
I'm confused as why though ... He is going to leave either way, so why not get something in return?

Ricochet

Quote from: Money Shot on October 08, 2015, 11:57:57 PM

I'm confused as why though ... He is going to leave either way, so why not get something in return?
To show the other kids that you cannot just do as you please

TomK

Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2015, 12:06:37 AM

And I love it. Go Brissie!

Money Shot

Quote from: TomK on October 09, 2015, 12:08:19 AM

Fair enough. Good on them!

powersuperkents

Quote from: Money Shot on October 09, 2015, 12:12:33 AM
Quote from: TomK on October 09, 2015, 12:08:19 AM

Fair enough. Good on them!
+1

The club has done so much for him and given him playing opportunities that other clubs would not. Even then he squandered them this season.

I don't think it would be an issue if he didn't take so long to tell them (he took 33 days to decide - I think the Lions would have at least attempted to broker a trade for him if he had communicated his intention to leave a convenient time). 

Hopefully the club can reduce its list to a number of players who are as loyal as the supporters who follow them (Leigh Matthews was fantastic at finding dedicated players in their glory years). Say what you will about Leppa, but he has got them on the right track. The club needs to be very careful with their first round picks from now on.

Regarding, Redden, I think he did the right thing communicating his intention to leave early so that the Lions would not be flowered over next year. I don't agree with delisting Adcock though, he was a fantastic leadership figure for the club. However, I would trust the coaching staff to know what they are doing.   

nrich102

I don't think anyone agrees with delisting Adcock lol.

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on October 09, 2015, 08:24:12 AM
I don't think anyone agrees with delisting Adcock lol.
+1 and more so now with the interest expressed in Stevie J making the decision even more puzzling. Adcock had also indicated he wanted to go into coaching as well.

The case between Redden and Aish are so different,  Redden becomes a restricted free agent next year so with him informing the club he wants a trade it is better to trade now while we have some currency and I agree with this. Aish on the other hand has delayed his decision for so long keeping the club constrained with its plans and finally at last minute asks to be traded to Pies. as I have said numerous times why can youngsters dictate terms after 2 years and I support the club in actions being taken. If they do not want to re-sign with the club then they go national Draft and take their chances and agree 100% with this.

nrich102

If Aish walks to the PSD, do you think we will take him with pick 2, assmuming Carlton don't take him?