Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Will be Merrett or Clarke depending on where Hogan plays. Merrett will be on him when he plays near the square and Andrews if he roams up the ground.

powersuperkents

Hoping for a big game for McStay this weekend. Debuting in my SC team this week (thought he was the perfect POD as he kicked bags against Carlton & the Bulldogs in the past). Worried McDonald may mark him though  :-\

Hopefully he gets 4-5

nrich102

Quote from: powersuperkents on July 18, 2015, 07:36:22 PM
Hoping for a big game for McStay this weekend. Debuting in my SC team this week (thought he was the perfect POD as he kicked bags against Carlton & the Bulldogs in the past). Worried McDonald may mark him though  :-\

Hopefully he gets 4-5
That's a very bold move :o

powersuperkents

Quote from: nrich102 on July 18, 2015, 08:27:12 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on July 18, 2015, 07:36:22 PM

Hopefully he gets 4-5
That's a very bold move :o
Probably the best decision option I had available tbh (either field Suban or Bewick with vest threats or Jenkins, Mackay, or Sexton with spud threats. McStay seems to score decently when he scores 3-4 goals so I think the risk on him is better than any of the other options  :P )

Now let's hope that he isn't marked by McDonald  :-\

strikes91

Freeman is playing reserves. McStay could be out of the team soon if he doesn't improve his effort

powersuperkents

Quote from: strikes91 on July 19, 2015, 10:37:40 AM
Freeman is playing reserves. McStay could be out of the team soon if he doesn't improve his effort
Flower me!! Watched him play against Adelaide in the last quarter and, although he dropped every mark, he easily won the contests (just didn't hold onto it). I thought he would have learned to finish the play in the last 2 weeks  :-\

Wasn't aware that he was playing poorly (I do recall him missing an easy set shot against the Crows as well). I think he has a lot of potential as a CHF or HFF in the future, but players take years to develop into those roles  :-\

I just hope I haven't made a mistake, Gawn has dominated every game except against Nic Nat, so I'm also worried he won't go big against a more experienced Luey and a bigger, but not taller, Stefan Martin  :-\

GoLions

Quote from: powersuperkents on July 19, 2015, 12:28:08 PM
Flower me!! Watched him play against Adelaide in the last quarter and, although he dropped every mark, he easily won the contests (just didn't hold onto it). I thought he would have learned to finish the play in the last 2 weeks  :-\

Wasn't aware that he was playing poorly (I do recall him missing an easy set shot against the Crows as well). I think he has a lot of potential as a CHF or HFF in the future, but players take years to develop into those roles  :-\

I just hope I haven't made a mistake, Gawn has dominated every game except against Nic Nat, so I'm also worried he won't go big against a more experienced Luey and a bigger, but not taller, Stefan Martin  :-\
I would expect Staker to get dropped before McStay tbh, but Freeman will surely come in once he's fit enough.

powersuperkents

Quote from: GoLions on July 19, 2015, 12:29:30 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on July 19, 2015, 12:28:08 PM

I would expect Staker to get dropped before McStay tbh, but Freeman will surely come in once he's fit enough.
Yeah if I were Leppa I would play Freeman in FF & keep McStay at CHF. Staker has experience, however he is well past his prime

I want to see Daniel Rich in rover as well. I think he is a better mid than any of their current players (excluding Beams but including Rocky, Hanley, & Redden). They should play him where he belongs, even if that means moving Hanley to the HBF or Rocky to the wing or centre mid (Beams RR & Rich Rov imo)

strikes91

McStay was balls today, shows no effort in trying to make space or get a tackle

Ringo

That is an area McStay really has to work on - Can take an overhead mark but really needs to work around the ground. Freeman has had a couple of games in NEAFL so should be given an opportunity to show what he has.

Berger failed to grasp his opportunity to prove he is the No 1 ruck at Brisbane.  Was given first half but martin went into ruck in second half and showed he will not relinquish easily.

Was a very sloppy game and again showed we are slow to move the ball on.  Too often ball was held up with a mark allowing demon defenders to cover. Was our worst display for some time.

Reckon given we are no hope should rest Beams or send for surgery early as he is obviously in discomfort with that shoulder.

Hanley can not take a trick with injuries this year with a quad injury yesterday,

Andrews continues to blossom and being an Academy Graduate and should be a priority to sign extended contract

So not all doom and gloom with Bundy having his best game of the year, Paparone (despite his kick in error) continuing to shine.

Time to regroup and kill off Roos finals hopes on Saturday night.

powersuperkents

lucky he was in sub so he didn't ruin my HGA  :P . Disappointing effort by McStay and will most likely not be recalled to my starting line-up for a few years to come - however, still a long-term prospect for our side as we think he has strong future potential (may be a CHF who is inconsistent in the future but averages in the 80's).

Paparone has been fantastic this season, Brisbane just need to lock him down (because they don't want him to become another Yeo type in Freo or the WCE). A lot of potential in this kid and great insight by Leppa in converting him to the defence, he was pretty useless up forward but he looks to be a draft steal if he continues to improve as a defender (really one of the brightest prospects in the AFL this season - never rated him until this year)

nrich102

The premier himself nominated for rising star #gun

kilbluff1985

Essendon have emerged as front runners for Luey

Ringo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 04, 2015, 10:12:13 PM
Essendon have emerged as front runners for Luey
and treat him like Giles haha

nrich102

flower me sideways, McGuanes in