Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Michael Whiting ‏@AFL_mikewhiting  32m32 minutes ago
Daniel Merrett will miss Saturday's QClash against Gold Coast as his hamstring injury lingers. Ensures Lions backline remains VERY young

Pkbaldy

Aish is struggling to be worth more than a 4th Rounder. Nearly everyone from that draft year (That's played in these first 4 weeks) are showing mass improvement. Just seems Aish has been struck hard by the 2nd year blues.

Grazz

Quote from: Pkbaldy on April 27, 2015, 04:34:30 PM
Aish is struggling to be worth more than a 4th Rounder. Nearly everyone from that draft year (That's played in these first 4 weeks) are showing mass improvement. Just seems Aish has been struck hard by the 2nd year blues.

It's possible he is mate, i think at his age and his contract situation with the club openly talking about what they think will happen may be a bit much for him to handle, he could well rightly or wrongly be feeling like a bit of an outsider at the minute up there which may be affecting his onfield performances.

Ringo

Really hesitated before posting this and have cogitated for 24hrs.

Yesterday was the most disappointed I have been with the Lions in the past 15 years. It was not the fact that we were beaten but the fact that that there does not appear to be any direction on the field and players do not appear to be playing for each other.  I witnessed the a situation which should never occur on the football field with a player arguing with Captain. Even though the player involved is in the Leadership Group there should be open dissent on the field.

We were well beaten but that is no excuse for the total disrespect the players had for the fans retreating virtually straight away from the field to the dressing room.  This in contrast to the Eagles players who spent a considerable amount of time on the field kicking footballs into the crowd and talking with fans.  Well done Eagles.

Regarding Aish his form has been below par and as grazz rightly says it may because his contract negotiations are being played out in the press and for a 19 year old (Aish does not turn 20 till November) may be a bit much to handle. He is wanted by the club but we also respect any move is his decision.

Press are rightly calling this weeks game against the Suns as the Qtrash rather than Qclash.

I still have faith in the club though and you will not see me desert them and that does not stop me feel disappointment though,

Grazz

Was a bad weekend for both of us mate im feeling alot of what you're feeling also.
Agree at 19 it would be weighing on him for sure, i imagine myself at 19 i would of struggled dealing with it would be hard.

Big Mac

What happened with the player/captain incident?

Ringo

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 27, 2015, 06:53:56 PM
No further comment on this as it was an observation I made as it happened near where i was seated. Will probably be dealt with in the Leadership group meeting.

elephants

Quote from: Ringo on April 27, 2015, 07:05:26 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on April 27, 2015, 06:53:56 PM
No further comment on this as it was an observation I made as it happened near where i was seated. Will probably be dealt with in the Leadership group meeting.

Which players were involved man??

Nige

Rocky's captain.

Rich, Zorko and Hanley are the other three in the leadership group, but Hanley's out injured so take your pick of Rich and Zorko.

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on April 27, 2015, 07:21:58 PM
Rocky's captain.

Rich, Zorko and Hanley are the other three in the leadership group, but Hanley's out injured so take your pick of Rich and Zorko.
Probably Zorko :P

elephants

Nige

Nek minnit, Ringo says it was Rich.  :o

Football Factory

Cutler looked good as a positive. Could develop into a very good player.

Big Mac

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on April 27, 2015, 08:00:24 PM

I thought he looked like complete shower

Casboult could've hit some of the targets Cutler was missing

LF

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 27, 2015, 08:02:07 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on April 27, 2015, 08:00:24 PM

I thought he looked like complete shower

Casboult could've hit some of the targets Cutler was missing

He was quite terrible with his ball use and turned it over a heap of times