Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Quote from: JROO8 on November 09, 2014, 08:57:54 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on November 09, 2014, 08:54:49 PM
At least we have a clash jumper *cough* Richmond *cough*  ::)
We do? ??? ???

Also about Christo, bit harsh to judge when no one knows the full story.
What did you wear against port??

Jroo

Quote from: nrich102 on November 09, 2014, 09:05:48 PM
We do? ??? ???

Our clash jumper...

nrich102

Quote from: JROO8 on November 09, 2014, 09:06:14 PM
We do? ??? ???

Our clash jumper...
I honestly thought that was the home jumper  :-X

Jroo

Quote from: nrich102 on November 09, 2014, 09:13:41 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on November 09, 2014, 09:06:14 PM
We do? ??? ???

Our clash jumper...
I honestly thought that was the home jumper  :-X
Haha, we were meant to wear our home jumper because the AFL told us to, but because we're nice we decided to wear our clash jumpers anyway.

TomK

Feeling a bit better about ours now aha

Mr.Craig

Putting the "clash" in clash jumper.

Ringo

As an interesting aside in this debate - Why do we need a clash jumper? Is it a case of the AFL getting more money as I can not really see any Guernseys we may clash with it at all?  Why does Collingwood not have a clash jumper yet other teams do?

GoLions

It looks a lot better with a black background haha

Ringo

Agree does not look as bad with a darker back ground. Consensus amongst Lions supporters is it is much better than previous one.  For information and this is from the FAQ

WHY IS THE CLASH JUMPER PREDOMINANTLY WHITE?
The AFL stipulates that every Club's clash jumper be made up mostly of the colour white.
and apparently the stipulation is 60% white.

We will now own the Fitzroy Y for our clash jumper but unfortunately because of the 60% can not incorporate any Bears tradition. 

ossie85

Quote from: Ringo on November 10, 2014, 09:47:46 AM
As an interesting aside in this debate - Why do we need a clash jumper? Is it a case of the AFL getting more money as I can not really see any Guernseys we may clash with it at all?  Why does Collingwood not have a clash jumper yet other teams do?

Collingwood does have a clash (black on white, not white on black) --> trust me it looks different

But we shouldn't need clash jumpers at all. Players know who they are kicking too

GoLions

Quote from: ossie85 on November 10, 2014, 12:10:43 PM
Quote from: Ringo on November 10, 2014, 09:47:46 AM

Collingwood does have a clash (black on white, not white on black) --> trust me it looks different

But we shouldn't need clash jumpers at all. Players know who they are kicking too
Is it more for the fans to be able to tell teams apart? I agree, players will know who they're kicking too, and this is the only valid reason I can really think of.

Ringo

Apparently we only use the clash jumper when away to Adelaide, Melbourne and Gold Coast. Do not think there are really clashed there with our away strip but maybe the Suns with the red may be.

strikes91

Pretty sure we'll use fitzroy against the demons ringo. Facebook page said Bulldogs and Suns but I can see the Crows being added to that list.

Ringo

Just quoted from the press report Strikes. Really do not see our away strip (Fizroy Red) clashes with anyone apart from Suns and maybe Crows. Dogs are predominantly Blue with the red stripe but suppose it is up to AFL to dictate.

strikes91

Quote from: Ringo on November 11, 2014, 09:40:47 AM
Just quoted from the press report Strikes. Really do not see our away strip (Fizroy Red) clashes with anyone apart from Suns and maybe Crows. Dogs are predominantly Blue with the red stripe but suppose it is up to AFL to dictate.

If anything it is closer to the dogs colour than the Fitzroy Guernsey