Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strikes91

Warren stating that we're only going to offer pick 4, I can see this being raised to pick 4 and 24 to get it done. Collingwood will want to trade him this year and not next year.

Ringo

Agree Strikes - With being out of contract next year Pies will want to arrange something this year.

JBs-Hawks

Not really. They are likely to finish bottom 8 this year so there compo  pick will be high up there plus they would get another season of production  from Beams. So Brisbane cant play too hardball

Vinny

Beams isn't contracted next season so if they keep him against his will, he can walk for nothing next season can't he?

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Vinny on September 29, 2014, 04:30:08 PM
Beams isn't contracted next season so if they keep him against his will, he can walk for nothing next season can't he?

He is in contract, has one more year left so he's either going this year or next year

Big Mac

No way is he staying at collingwood for another season. His dad has cancer for flower's sake - No one can deny Beams the opportunity to be with him.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Vinny on September 29, 2014, 04:30:08 PM

Still will get compo which will be the pick after their first pick

BB67th

He doesn't become a free agent when he comes out of contract next season though. He becomes a free agent at the end of the 2016 season, so he would still need a trade or to go into the drafts if he went to leave at the end of next season.

That being said, I think Collingwood will trade him. They'd have to looking at his reasons for moving.

ossie85

I also think Collingwood will trade him

But, and this is a bad thing to say but still worth considering, a year is a long time for cancer. Not suggesting for one moment the Pies would delay a trade with this in mind, in fact it would make them trade quicker, but there has to be an element of good will. It is Brisbane's responsibility to put a fair trade up.

I believe neither Collingwood or Brisbane would take advantage of this

GoLions

Quote from: ossie85 on September 29, 2014, 04:54:53 PM
Yet they want someone like Hanley along with pick 4 ::)

Something like that would be a major advantage to the Pies, no way that would happen. I get Beams is an amazing player, but we're not giving Collingwood an elite player AND pick 4 in exchange for an elite player. Someone like Golby or Crisp along with pick 4 I think is a fair deal, especially with Lumumba going.

shaker

Beams's dad is not out of the woods but he has had treatment and is in remission but can see why he does not want to wait another year think the Pies have to trade him otherwise the relationship between them will go downhill quickly

ossie85

Quote from: GoLions on September 29, 2014, 05:03:04 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 29, 2014, 04:54:53 PM
Yet they want someone like Hanley along with pick 4 ::)

Something like that would be a major advantage to the Pies, no way that would happen. I get Beams is an amazing player, but we're not giving Collingwood an elite player AND pick 4 in exchange for an elite player. Someone like Golby or Crisp along with pick 4 I think is a fair deal, especially with Lumumba going.

Lions want pick 4, which is too cheap

Pies want 4 and Hanley, which is too expensive

This is how negotiations work. The result will be somewhere in the middle

bound to be a lion that doesn't need too much convincing to go to melbourne, just annoyed it wasn't last year and could've nabbed Tyson

kilbluff1985

it's funny Pies are allowed to ask for overs but if Essendon do it we get laughed at ::)

ossie85

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 29, 2014, 05:22:36 PM
it's funny Pies are allowed to ask for overs but if Essendon do it we get laughed at ::)

cos Collingwood haven't breached contract, or at least risked a legal battle

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: ossie85 on September 29, 2014, 05:28:18 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 29, 2014, 05:22:36 PM

cos Collingwood haven't breached contract, or at least risked a legal battle

Also Essendon ask overs for every single player that ever comes or goes to the club