Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Agree Mialman - brown is tailor made for media - Will be a part time forwards coach though concentrating on developing the young forwards Freeman, Close, McStay, Bourke etc.

Mailman the 2nd

Couldn't see it any other way, I'm sure he'll continue to be a big part of the club's development

Nige

Yeah, a number of ex-players have been involved with clubs while undertaking media roles like Richo and Lingy, definitely wouldn't be surprised to see Browny follow suit.

Ringo

Do not want to a wet blanket but would it be a big deal if we do not get Ryder?

I will be more than happy with Berger/Martin and back up from West when he is fully recovered.  Archie Smith is developing nicely as well.

Edit:  Following up a report in todays paper.

Brisbane are tabling a 4 year offer worth $2.5m for Ryder.  We acknowledge we are behind Port Adelaide if Ryder chooses success as first criteria.

Rdyer and his partner are currently spending a couple of days in Brisbane and were entertained at a BBQ at Leigh Matthews home attended by Leppa, Dean Warren and Greg Swan amongst others.

It is great to see we have learned by our recruiting debacles over the last couple of years with Roos, Buddy and Tippett and staying on the front foot.  Although as said above do not think it is the end of the world if we do not get Ryder.  Really regrett the club not going all out for Tippett who would be really welcome now especially as he made it clear initially he would like to return home.

GoLions

Obviously it would be nice to get him, but I agree I wouldn't be all that disappointed if he stayed at the Bombers or went somewhere else. Means we'll get more games into our younger kids, which is good as we won't be pushing for finals next year or anything.

Toga

You're right, don't think it would be a big deal at all. Stef has shown that he is a more than capable ruck this year, he and Berger could form a good pair next year

Ringo

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,76903.1325.html

Ben Hudson is returning to Lions as Defensive Skills and Ruck Coach, Completes the coaching panel now for next year.

This appointment together with the appointment of Danny Daly as stoppages coach is welcomed along with the part time appointment of Brown as Forwards coach. Could not ask for a better person than Simon Black to take on the role of Contest Skills and midfield coach.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ringo on September 18, 2014, 01:39:28 PM
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,76903.1325.html

Ben Hudson is returning to Lions as Defensive Skills and Ruck Coach, Completes the coaching panel now for next year.

This appointment together with the appointment of Danny Daly as stoppages coach is welcomed along with the part time appointment of Brown as Forwards coach. Could not ask for a better person than Simon Black to take on the role of Contest Skills and midfield coach.

Things are looking very good for Brisbane... They will be contesting with the new teams for the top 4 in a few years.

nrich102

So pre draft, what will our best 22 look like next year??

FB: J. Patfull; D. Merrett; D. Gardiner
HB: D. Rich; J. Clarke; R. Harwood
C: J. Adcock; J. Redden; J. Green
HF: D. Zorko; J. Freeman; M. Close
FF: D. McStay; P. Ryder; L. Taylor
FOL: M. Leuenberger; T. Rockliff; P. Hanley

INT: S. Martin; J. Aish; R. Bewick; S. Mayes

Unlucky: Goose, Crisp, West, Staker, Beames, Paparone, Lester.

kilbluff1985

would you really have all 4 of Ryder, McStay, Freeman and Close ? 

nrich102

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 20, 2014, 09:59:59 PM
Maybe. If one had to go it would probably be Close, maybe for Crisp or Lester.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nrich102 on September 20, 2014, 10:01:55 PM

yeah just seems way to tall if you add S Martin

i really like Crisp and think he should be given a good run

nrich102

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 20, 2014, 10:03:47 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on September 20, 2014, 10:01:55 PM

yeah just seems way to tall if you add S Martin

i really like Crisp and think he should be given a good run
I like Crisp as well, but is really a victim of our depth. Martin will play as more of a midfielder than a tall.

I think we will also have quite a tall draft, with Dawson and Hammelmann coming through the academy.

strikes91

FB: J. Patfull; D. Merrett; D. Gardiner
HB: D. Rich; J. Clarke; T.Cutler
C: J. Adcock; J. Redden; R.Bewick
HF: D. Zorko; B.Staker; M.Paparone
FF: J.Green; M.Close; L. Taylor
FOL: M. Leuenberger; T. Rockliff; P. Hanley

INT: S. Martin; J. Aish; D.McStay; S. Mayes

Don't reckon we'll get Ryder.

Ringo

Think you have nailed the team without Ryder Strikes.

Only 2 real contentious positions Harwood v Cutler and Paparone v Freeman

I do not think we will get Ryder either as I do not see us giving up pick 4 whereas Port may be prepared to give their first round pick which may be around 7 or more higher than our second round depending on compo picks.

Would like Staker to have a full pre-season though prior to selection.

Unlucky players would be Lester, Goose and the 2 who miss out. Robo, Zac O'b, Crisp, Golby and Beams give us solid back up.