Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

Bewick and Martin were fantastic last night. Bewick was everywhere and BOG and Martin was a handful for Minson in the ruck.

The second quarter was amazing. Our pace was electric and we used the ball well up forward.

The Mosquito Fleet showed how good they can be last night. The pressure that those three put on was huge.

I hope Golby gets dropped. He looks like he has no confidence in his game. His first instinct every time he got the ball was to go backwards or find someone 10m away. He needs to go back to the NEAFL for a few weeks.

Ringo

100% agree on Golby BB thought he would continue upwards after last year but not sure what is wrong with him as he appears to alo have an attitude problem at the moment.

Was surprised he kept spot over both Harwood and Cutler as I would play both before Golby.

Influence of Brownie on game should not be underestimated either given the goals that were scored as a result of the contested marking tussles.

Frankfaust1

Hi Folks. Was wondering whether Taylor was badly injured yesterday. Any word?  :-\

GoLions

Quote from: Frankfaust1 on June 08, 2014, 02:47:19 PM
Hi Folks. Was wondering whether Taylor was badly injured yesterday. Any word?  :-\
Yeah apparently injured his calf, but pretty sure he was playing at the end of the game? Not 100% sure on that, but I'd say he's fine. Wouldn't be surprised if he was given a week off though considering he came into the side round 1 with an injury interrupted pre-season and has played every game

Frankfaust1

Quote from: GoLions16 on June 08, 2014, 02:51:00 PM
Yeah apparently injured his calf, but pretty sure he was playing at the end of the game? Not 100% sure on that, but I'd say he's fine. Wouldn't be surprised if he was given a week off though considering he came into the side round 1 with an injury interrupted pre-season and has played every game

He's been a great servant this year. I pulled the pin yesterday, but was watching how he went to second guess whether I made a good or a bad call LOL. ::) Makes no difference at all anymore, of course, but I've been trying to hang on to this year's good'un's as long as possible.

Ziplock

Quote from: Frankfaust1 on June 08, 2014, 02:53:38 PM

He's been a great servant this year. I pulled the pin yesterday, but was watching how he went to second guess whether I made a good or a bad call LOL. ::) Makes no difference at all anymore, of course, but I've been trying to hang on to this year's good'un's as long as possible.

If he hurt his calf he'll probably be facing 1-2 on the sidelines... I hurt mine playing sport recently, and you can play out the game, but even for a minor injury it hurts like shower for the next week.

BB67th

Quote from: Ziplock on June 08, 2014, 02:59:14 PM
Quote from: Frankfaust1 on June 08, 2014, 02:53:38 PM

If he hurt his calf he'll probably be facing 1-2 on the sidelines... I hurt mine playing sport recently, and you can play out the game, but even for a minor injury it hurts like shower for the next week.
Looked like an ankle injury to me actually. He limped off pretty bad, but he got it strapped and looked fine 5 minutes later. He was still running strong at the end of the game, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

strikes91

Browny likely to travel to perth in 2 weeks or stay in brissie ?

elephants

Cannot believe the Golby drop off, I almost jumped on him as a breakout contender down back!

Jumping all over the big Stef this week!

Ringo

You are not alone in that one Elle especially with a R/F Dpp. Handy to sit at F7 and with Burger still 6/8 weeks away will take us to finals.

@ Strikes would not surprise as we really have nothing to gain by playing him against Freo.

Ricochet

Gonna be looking at Stefan very closely as well. How far away is any ruck competition for his spot?

Ringo

Berger is 6/8 weeks away, West gone for the season and both Michael and Archie Smith still on the rookie list.  If Martin produces a few more of these games he can sit on my forward bench at F7 and interchange with Thuirlow if required for me. Will more than likely make some cash as well.

Ricochet

Yeh I'm thinking about going HMac down to him. Watching my trades very closely though so need him to have a good run at it
And has some stiff oppo coming up so might just wait to see how he goes this week

Ringo

If he does well against Mummy this week have to consider before price rise although will be up against Sandi the week after,

GoLions