Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Just a couple of questions on Gardiner and Goose. Is Goose currently out injured or what is the deal? I am just trying to gauge Gardiner's job security for my newly inherited side.

nrich102

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 01, 2014, 09:08:34 PM
Just a couple of questions on Gardiner and Goose. Is Goose currently out injured or what is the deal? I am just trying to gauge Gardiner's job security for my newly inherited side.
Goose is playing in the 2s :O Idk what Leppas plans for him are.

Mat0369

Weird, I hadn't noticed him on any injury reports and I would have thought he is in the best 22. With the Sauce move forward last week Patful, Clarke and Gardiner would be the 3 tall defenders and I was trying to figure where Goose fits into the equation.

Ringo

Just to answer a couple of questions -

Hanley had some back soreness after training so not sure whether it is serious or a precaution - So that is why not on injury list.

Goose until 2 weeks ago was playing forward in the NEAFL, however has since reverted to organising the defence and is knocking on the door. With both Tippett and Buddy ruled out think Leppa wanted to keep the faith with Gardiner and Clarke and build games into them. He also has the option of bringing sauce back as well.  if required.

Bewick or Taylor imo look the likely subs. Will be interesting to see how Cutler goes with a full game.

strikes91

Hopefully the back injury isn't related to the "back Hamstring" injury

Rusty00

I'm amazed McGuane kept his spot ??? Am I being too harsh?

Mat0369

Quote from: Rusty00 on May 01, 2014, 11:02:59 PM
I'm amazed McGuane kept his spot ??? Am I being too harsh?

Dude is a dud of epic proportions

Ringo

Not Harsh Rusty - Would not surprise to see Polkinghorne sub with McGuane red vested out. Think he would be on last chance this week - had been killing it in NEAFL to warrant selection but has not grasped the opportunity.

Adamant

Cutler any chance of being the sub? he's named on the field.

Toga

Have seen Lions fans post somewhere before that Bewick & Lewis Taylor are more likely candidates, Ads. With Hanley out you would think that Cutler should get a good look at a full game!

Adamant

Quote from: Toga on May 02, 2014, 12:04:13 AM
Have seen Lions fans post somewhere before that Bewick & Lewis Taylor are more likely candidates, Ads. With Hanley out you would think that Cutler should get a good look at a full game!

Cheers Toges, but now you'll be held responsible if Cutler starts in green. :P

Just kidding. ;)

Ricochet

Browny Uncut

http://www.lions.com.au/video/2014-05-01/footy-fix-browny-uncut

Got a laugh at him getting into Hampson (2:45) and Petterd (3:51)

Toga

Quote from: Adamant on May 02, 2014, 01:34:29 AM
Quote from: Toga on May 02, 2014, 12:04:13 AM

Cheers Toges, but now you'll be held responsible if Cutler starts in green. :P

Just kidding. ;)

Uh-oh :P

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on May 01, 2014, 11:15:04 PM
Not Harsh Rusty - Would not surprise to see Polkinghorne sub with McGuane red vested out. Think he would be on last chance this week - had been killing it in NEAFL to warrant selection but has not grasped the opportunity.
I don't understand all the Polkinghorne hate. He's not even close to the worst player Brisbane have and definitely won't be close while they have McGuane and Sam Michael (;)) on the list.  :P

BB67th

Quote from: NigeyS on May 02, 2014, 02:32:05 PM
Quote from: Ringo on May 01, 2014, 11:15:04 PM
I don't understand all the Polkinghorne hate. He's not even close to the worst player Brisbane have and definitely won't be close while they have McGuane and Sam Michael (;)) on the list.  :P
Think Ringo was referring to McGuane above. As for Polkinghorne, he probably isn't the worst player we have, but he just hasn't developed into anything decent imo. He doesn't add too much to the team and I still feel he is a bit of a waste of space on the ground.

And that was great watching Brown's uncut vision. Got really stuck into Petterd.