Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

I think the Lions deserve and massive well done/congrats on an excellent draft.

@Ringo: I wouldn't be surprised to see McStay be tried as a forward. Has played there before and does a pretty decent job. Handy swingman, a bit like Sauce.

Ringo

Quote from: NigeyS on November 22, 2013, 11:35:12 AM
I think the Lions deserve and massive well done/congrats on an excellent draft.

@Ringo: I wouldn't be surprised to see McStay be tried as a forward. Has played there before and does a pretty decent job. Handy swingman, a bit like Sauce.
Thanks Nigey May be the case although we have a few developing forwqrads in Paparone and Close as well.

We are well served for the future with maguire, Merrett and Patfull all turning 30 this year.

Noz

Lions were deffinetly one of the big winners of this years draft

Brisbane is slowly building one of the best young midfield crop throughout the entire AFL

Jack Redden
Tom Rockliff
Daniel Rich
Andrew Raines
Brent Moloney
Sam Mayes
James Aish
Lewis Taylor

Then to have guys like Dayne Zorko, Pearce Hanley and Clay Beams all looking for more midfield time its looking like a very strong lineup.

Noz

Also i think Brisbane might be the only team in the league to have more defenders and forwards on their list than midfielders

Ringo

Interesting observation Noz and you may be correct when I do the final analysis but players like Zorko, Bewick and Polkinghorne may also be classed as DPP players with mid time.

BB67th

Looks like Todd Banfield might get picked up by the Tigers. That would be weird after he went on our pre-season trip to Arizona.

Nige

Quote from: BB67th on November 26, 2013, 07:51:25 PM
Looks like Todd Banfield might get picked up by the Tigers. That would be weird after he went on our pre-season trip to Arizona.
You guys have a pick before us. Surely you'd take him?  ???

BB67th

Quote from: NigeyS on November 26, 2013, 07:52:46 PM
You guys have a pick before us. Surely you'd take him?  ???
We might. I assume we were probably looking at getting him with our second round pick if no one else was interested in him. Might have to waste our first-rounder on him now.

Personally, I would prefer for him to go to the Tigers. Just a waste of space on our list right now.

Toga

I'm not sold on this rumour tbh after the players we selected in the National Draft. ???

nrich102

Yessssss!!! He can go flower himself.

strikes91

if injury strikes our little fellas we'll need him.

Ricochet

Banfield was told he can either get paid out a year and get delisted or oh onto the rookie list. He chose the rookie list
Not sure how the Tigers interest affects this

Noz

Any reason why Jordan Bourke wasn't elevated of the rookie list had a pretty good year in the NEAFL?

TeeJay

Quote from: Noz on November 22, 2013, 01:23:02 PM
Lions were deffinetly one of the big winners of this years draft

Brisbane is slowly building one of the best young midfield crop throughout the entire AFL

Jack Redden
Tom Rockliff
Daniel Rich
Andrew Raines
Brent Moloney
Sam Mayes
James Aish
Lewis Taylor

Then to have guys like Dayne Zorko, Pearce Hanley and Clay Beams all looking for more midfield time its looking like a very strong lineup.

That's a bit of a premature call when 2 of those guys haven't played a game yet, 1 has only played 18 games and one is at the end of his career.

Ringo

Quote from: Noz on November 27, 2013, 04:38:19 PM
Any reason why Jordan Bourke wasn't elevated of the rookie list had a pretty good year in the NEAFL?
If we did not have the go home factor Noz suspect we would have elevated him.  But as can be seen we had sound draft picks that set us up for the future. Jordan has only just turned 19 so there is time as well but would expect him to be elevated next year especially if as expected Brownie retires,