Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

nrich102

AFL ‏@AFL 33s
The @brisbanelions have traded Elliott Yeo to @westcoasteagles in exchange for pick 28. #tradedebate

Meh. Not as bad as the other ones

strikes91

Quote from: nrich102 on October 24, 2013, 05:51:22 PM
AFL ‏@AFL 33s
The @brisbanelions have traded Elliott Yeo to @westcoasteagles in exchange for pick 28. #tradedebate

Meh. Not as bad as the other ones

probably fair. dochertys is a rort and polecs is embarrassing for the lions

Ziplock

frankly, this is why brisbane had those concessions 10 years ago... not really for the cost of living, but because there are few afl players you can get from QL, living on the opposite side of the country is a killer for a lot of kids, so you have all these first round draft picks leaving to go home, but nobody from QL coming back home to the lions.

let's face it, if brisbane had been able to offer like longer, docherty, polec 200k+ more than what they could currently offer, they'd probably still be there, going home only factors in so much.

Ringo

Quote from: Ziplock on October 24, 2013, 06:00:13 PM
frankly, this is why brisbane had those concessions 10 years ago... not really for the cost of living, but because there are few afl players you can get from QL, living on the opposite side of the country is a killer for a lot of kids, so you have all these first round draft picks leaving to go home, but nobody from QL coming back home to the lions.

let's face it, if brisbane had been able to offer like longer, docherty, polec 200k+ more than what they could currently offer, they'd probably still be there, going home only factors in so much.
Well said Zip and I agree - Strange that Swans still have the concession though whereas we do not.  That may change now after the Buddy Deal.
Eddie making the same noises as he did with Brisbane causing us to lose concessions.  Firmly believe all clubs in Qld and NSW should have the cap concession because as you would know Zip AFL is a fair distant of the other codes in NSW and Qld.

Regarding the go home factor and the trades done know we are getting screwed and other clubs know this so we are much better with the picks that are offered rather than losing player for nothing/
Do not why Port just did not offer us pick 14 for Polec as really the exchange of other picks is not much different.

nrich102

If I was to survey my school, most people would not have AFL as there #1 sport, as having the Cowboys makes League so much more popular. Brisbane wasn't much different, even though the Lions are there.

Ziplock

the Swans have  the concessions because of the massive difference in the cost of living between sydney and every other australian city. Which I stand by ftr.

The sydney clubs have the cost of living cap, which is adequate, but I really think that the queensland clubs should be getting some concession as well... not that I really know what you would call it....

'please stay here' salary concession? :P

Ringo

Have heard that Ace Cornelius has also been de-listed by the Lions.  Should be picked up by another club though.

nrich102

Quote from: Ringo on October 24, 2013, 06:26:59 PM
Have heard that Ace Cornelius has also been de-listed by the Lions.  Should be picked up by another club though.
Would be behind Lisle, Close, Bourke, McGuane and Paparone I think.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: BB67th on October 24, 2013, 05:26:39 PM
We give up Polec and 29 and get 22 and 34 in return. Horrible deal.....
Oh wow, big win by Port there, keeping their top 20 pick :o. Guessing Lions have to make do seeing a lot of those youngsters are leaving :(.

Ringo

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 24, 2013, 06:39:27 PM
Quote from: BB67th on October 24, 2013, 05:26:39 PM
We give up Polec and 29 and get 22 and 34 in return. Horrible deal.....
Oh wow, big win by Port there, keeping their top 20 pick :o. Guessing Lions have to make do seeing a lot of those youngsters are leaving :(.
Unfortunately HP this is why I think GWS were involved as Port would not do 14 for Polec.

Toga

If you guys get concessions though, I'm sure Adelaide would be making noises saying they'd want a higher salary cap as well :-[

BB67th

Adelaide is a football state though, they wouldn't need the extra cap room?

Ziplock

Quote from: BB67th on October 24, 2013, 07:35:10 PM

^ basically

adelaide/ port have players coming home... so they lose players, but then they get talented players coming back in, something the nsw/ ql teams dont get

Ringo

Quote from: Ziplock on October 24, 2013, 07:39:02 PM
Quote from: BB67th on October 24, 2013, 07:35:10 PM

^ basically

adelaide/ port have players coming home... so they lose players, but then they get talented players coming back in, something the nsw/ ql teams dont get
+1 How many local players are in the relative teams from NSW and Qld compared to other states.

Maybe call it a promotional allowance for those 4 teams and create rules for use.