Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Might be a problem if the Lions are playing hardball to get what they think all of their departing youngsters are worth.  :-X

Ringo

Just depends whether they are willing to go into the draft or not. So if they do not we hold the upper hand but if they do then they hold the upper hand.  Hope we re not going to be overly stupid but at the same time get the best picks or players for them.

I will use Yeo as an example because he nominated West Coast we negotiated with West coast and their first offer is a third round pick which has been rightfully rejected as insulting.  Freo have now entered the fray with a better off so he may have to go to freo if he wants to return home but if West coast now offer their second round pick will be accepted.

Just remember Longer, Yeo and Docherty were all early picks when drafted so we need some return despite the go home factor.

T Dog

Hey Ringo...a comment on SEN tonight that the pies Harry O is looking at going to the Lions..have you heard anything?

Ringo

Have not heard anything like that one.  Kerr also said he would be looking for players or picks. An interesting suggestion but just wonder where he would fit in or back six - Merrett, Clarke, Patful, Golby, Adcock, Maguire.  Maybe may push Maguire out to bench but we still have Harwood there as well. Do not know what the offer would be possibly Karnezis + something for him especially as karnezis has nominated Pies.

Watch this space I suppose.

JBs-Hawks

Harry played on the wing all year...

Ringo

Interesting Golby has been doing that role with Hanley so will he replace either of those 2 interesting days ahead me thinks.

Ricochet

http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/sport/afl/news/2013/10/simon-black-to-retire-and-head-to-sydney-swans/

A source deep inside the Brisbane Lions has told Triple M Brisbane Simon Black will not play on in 2014.

The station also believes Black will take on an assistant coaching role at the Sydney Swans under John Longmire.

Nige

I hope this source is wrong.  :(

Ringo

Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2013, 11:55:47 AM
http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/sport/afl/news/2013/10/simon-black-to-retire-and-head-to-sydney-swans/

A source deep inside the Brisbane Lions has told Triple M Brisbane Simon Black will not play on in 2014.

The station also believes Black will take on an assistant coaching role at the Sydney Swans under John Longmire.

Blackie is really agonising over this decision and has promised an answer within a week.  He will be guided by medicl opinion and his body which is showing wear and tear.  If he does retire would like to see him in a coaching role at Lions as well.  Black has always expressed the desire to get into coaching after retiring and imo will be a much better coach than Voss.

BB67th

Well with the Hawks getting McEvoy, will they still be going after Longer?

SydneyRox

Quote from: BB67th on October 10, 2013, 04:15:05 PM
Well with the Hawks getting McEvoy, will they still be going after Longer?

Cant see Longer now choosing the Hawks.

Best result for Brisbane. Longer should probably re-sign.

Ringo

Obviously best result is for Longer to stay but do not mind this trade though that is rumoured Longer for Jarrad Grant from Bulldogs.  Grant is only 24 and would give a second option up front. Bulldogs believed to be contacting Longer or his manager.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ringo on October 10, 2013, 12:36:45 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2013, 11:55:47 AM

Blackie is really agonising over this decision and has promised an answer within a week.  He will be guided by medicl opinion and his body which is showing wear and tear.  If he does retire would like to see him in a coaching role at Lions as well.  Black has always expressed the desire to get into coaching after retiring and imo will be a much better coach than Voss.

As a person Black would suit the Swans team. Midfield coach has just left as well........

BB67th

That does not seem to be a fair straight swap deal to me. Maybe something like Grant + Second round pick?

SydneyRox

Quote from: BB67th on October 10, 2013, 04:24:21 PM
That does not seem to be a fair straight swap deal to me. Maybe something like Grant + Second round pick?

Wow you guys really are overrating Longer....