Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

Quote from: Ricochet on September 14, 2013, 09:15:53 PM
Thats great news for you boys. To have those leaders on the park to develop your kids will be huge for another year
Now they just need to keep all of those kids as well  :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 14, 2013, 09:52:51 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 14, 2013, 09:15:53 PM
Thats great news for you boys. To have those leaders on the park to develop your kids will be huge for another year
Now they just need to keep all of those kids as well  :P
That is true

GoLions

From what I read it's that they WANT to go another year, not necessarily that they are. Article basically says that it's entirely dependent on the coach (whoever that may be). So if our new coach wants them on the field, they'll play on, if he doesn't, then flower him  :P

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2013-09-14/brown-keen-to-play-on

strikes91

Quote from: GoLions16 on September 14, 2013, 10:34:12 PM
From what I read it's that they WANT to go another year, not necessarily that they are. Article basically says that it's entirely dependent on the coach (whoever that may be). So if our new coach wants them on the field, they'll play on, if he doesn't, then flower him  :P

Lol as if they wouldn't want them to play one more.

Nige

Quote from: strikes91 on September 14, 2013, 10:51:39 PM

Yeah, I thought the same. Fantastic servants of the club for years, and they want to go on, why not let them go around once more?

GoLions

Quote from: NigeyS on September 14, 2013, 10:53:36 PM

Yeah, I thought the same. Fantastic servants of the club for years, and they want to go on, why not let them go around once more?
I think Brown will be a certainty to play, but Black's body may not be able to last the season (only played 8 games this year I think?), so I guess there's that small chance that the new coach may decide it's better for Black to not continue in order to give our younger players more games. Of course I would rather that Black plays on as well, but there is that chance.

nrich102

Quote from: GoLions16 on September 14, 2013, 11:20:18 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on September 14, 2013, 10:53:36 PM

I think Brown will be a certainty to play, but Black's body may not be able to last the season (only played 8 games this year I think?), so I guess there's that small chance that the new coach may decide it's better for Black to not continue in order to give our younger players more games. Of course I would rather that Black plays on as well, but there is that chance.
He (Black) may as well play again. Didnt he just have surgery?

Ringo

Both players have had early clean up surgery in preparation for a possible return next season. Think Brown would be a certainty to play on regardless of who the coach is.  Both have a few Personal Goals they still want to achieve and I would love to see both play on for one more year.

Black if he retires will be sounded out to succeed Paul Roos at the Sydney Academy.

strikes91

If black gets the body right then he is one of our best players still. the matches he played he did really well

nrich102

The reserves game starts soon. It will be streamed here

strikes91

Yeo apparently had a meeting with west coast

BB67th

Reports today that Yeo has requested a trade out of the club.....

Hopefully we can keep Docherty if that is the case. Yeo was the one out of the 5 who supposedly want out that I really wanted to keep, and thought we could keep. Shame that all this young talent wants to leave. At least we should get some decent compensation if they all end up going.

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-19/yeo-wants-to-go

Article stating that Yeo wants out as well.

Tweet from Lions that is encouraging but if Yeo still wants to go home then we should be seeking the best deal for him.  Let him go back to WA but we pick the club that gives us the best deal if it be Dockers so be it although he wants eagles.  We should not allow these draft picks to nominate club of choice we should play a little bit hard as well.

"National Talent Manager Rob Kerr says despite Elliott Yeo expressing his desire to head home to WA, we regard him as a required player. Kerr said "We value Elliott highly as both a player and a person, and as such, we will be focused on retaining his services."

Same should apply to both Polec, Docherty, Polkinghorne, Longer and Karnezis as well in that we take the best offer for them from Adelaide and Melbourne clubs.

nrich102

Why not...

Yeo for 1st round pick
Docherty for 1st round pick
Longer for 1st round pick
Karnezis for 1st round pick

We could have 5 first round picks :o

ossie85

Quote from: nrich102 on September 20, 2013, 06:41:14 AM
Why not...

Yeo for 1st round pick
Docherty for 1st round pick